Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Counterblast (1948) - Watchable thriller/drama but never really transcends beyond average

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Cool! A movie about a giant girl
LOL I thought the same thing!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Is she Gulliver's wife?

Is she Gulliver's wife?
In that case I think her name might be Galliver

Reservoir Dogs (1992) -

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Untold History of the United States - 10/10

When I saw Oliver Stone, I had doubts, but this was very well done. I started the first one at 5am, just finished 10 hours -- never did that before!

And a few prequels, and just in time for the game.

Documentary about middle aged people struggling with sexual relationships. Interesting, apparently there is a job of sex therapist that helps people get out their repressed sexuality.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Documentary about middle aged people struggling with sexual relationships. Interesting, apparently there is a job of sex therapist that helps people get out their repressed sexuality.
I'm in the mood (haha) for a documentary, seems interesting, and found it on youtube, full!

Pretty great. Dustin Hoffman is awesome as always. I'm surprised it came from the mind of Sam Peckinpah considering I found The Wild Bunch wildly boring. The first shock scene, for those who know what I'm talking about, was handled in a very unique way. It would have been made a mockery of if it was directed by the wrong person. The last 30 minutes are extremely intense, which is awesome. Susan Georges character is slightly unlikable though.

8/10

Finished here. It's been fun.
Sleepaway Camp

I already knew "the twist," but that did little to lesson my viewing experience. This is a really well-done slasher--not as good as The Burning, but far better than Friday the 13th.

Why'd you rate it so high then? I gave it
, and I thought even that might be too high.
I appreciate the craft, I just don't think it was in service of something bigger. It's a dark, threatening picture with great taste in both scoring and leaving a sequence quiet to let the visuals speak for themselves. The gore is excellent. The tone and atmosphere work. Sometimes the tone of my reviews confuse people when they see the ratings. Sometimes it's because I only rate whole stars, other times it's because I'm focusing on solely the negative or positive irregardless of how I felt about the film as a whole.

I was thinking of going to see The Mummy today, but changed my mind, not least because of all the bad reviews. Instead I went to the video shop and rented a bunch of flicks, including Logan. Logan - aka Wolverine - is ekeing out a meagre existence as a chauffeur in 2029, trying to look after an ailing Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart) in a world where mutants are dying out. Trying to stay under the radar, Logan instead finds himself becoming an initially reluctant bodyguard to a young girl being hunted by powerful forces and who has some very familiar powers... Hugh Jackman's stint as Wolverine comes to an end in this 2017 superhero flick that is darker than the norm - and certainly earns its R rating with the bloodletting. Pretty good, if a bit overrated and about half an hour too long.

I See A Dark Stranger (1946) - Has some very nice touches but marred by juxtaposed tones that aren't married well