Name:	hat.png
Views:	437
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	4160   Click image for larger version

Name:	fonziejesus2.png
Views:	447
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	4161  

Here is my friends cat "Twilight" at his place in the window. This was taken with my crappy 1 MP digi cam.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM001385.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	4162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM001386.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	4163  

Originally Posted by gummo
Here is my friends cat "Twilight" at his place in the window. This was taken with my crappy 1 MP digi cam.
I really like this for some reason. Course I am weird.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Wow!! There are some really talented people here!
Pimp, that shot is really nicely framed and I like the contrast between the light and dark bridges.
Gummo, I love the cat pics. She looks like that is the best place in the world to be.

Garrett, great humor in your work. Yay, Fonzie!

R3port3r, nice shots. The one of the palm trees is especially great lighting. Is that

natural, or did you have a filter at work?

linepalsy, whoa, what a lot of work! You've got a definite style there. How long have you been drawing strips?

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
I had a whole poo' load of pictures I took, but I lost them. Anyways, I like to use your basic 35mm camera with whatever lense does what I want, then I scan dem' little boogers inta' Paint Shop Pro, make em' B&W, adjust the masking, then the levels, and Kablamo' - A Masterpiece.. sort of.
I still have the originals of the others, I need to re-scan them though, which is a pain in the arse.
Pimp, where were you standing when you took this? Looks like a view from the harlem side of...some bridge, the name now escapes me. Once after a party when a few folks and myself were unwinding in the morning, we came to a place kind of under a bridge and that view was across the river, or one like it anyway.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Cool stuff here, all of you... But holy craps, Lines!! That's really cool!! You've got a lot of talent!!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
This thread is awesome! Sorry, just a lack of words...
I don't have an eye for photos at all so this is really impressive.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Pimp, where were you standing when you took this? Looks like a view from the harlem side of...some bridge, the name now escapes me. Once after a party when a few folks and myself were unwinding in the morning, we came to a place kind of under a bridge and that view was across the river, or one like it anyway.
It's in Portland Oregon. I was walking around the waterfront looking for some pictures and, KABLAMO, there she was. It was far away which worked because the telephoto lense compresed the image to make it flatter.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Hi all, i finally saw an art thread, so i decided to post my my map art. I have been creating imagineray and real life cities since i was 14. My maps have evolved quite a bit since then. I'll have to show some of my old stuff later on. Enjoy!

It will be an exciting year for map making this year, hopefully i'll show more of my work later on this month. Before looking at the drawings here's a legend to now what the map means:

Rectangles, and squares (seperated) - houses
Black stripes (from hosues) - driveways
Red grided areas - parking lots, areas
Solid grey lines (usualy by houses) - residential roads
Green dots - trees, shrubs
thin grey lines - walkways, bike paths
blue colored ares - ponds, lakes, rivers and streams
Rectangles (in, long strips) - townhouses
APT - Apartments
Commercial is usually the iregular side-by-side rectanges
Grey area infront of commercial are wide pathways
Blue dotted line - extent of swamp, water area
Black dotted area - elevation lines (10 meters)
Brown lines - major fences, barriers

It takes me about 3 hours to create each map...

Sometimes, the paterns and placement can make you dizzy.

Who said urban sprawl is bad??

Water property comes at a hefty premium...

Click on the pictures for the actual size. I hope i can post more pictures later on.

-SD

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Wow!! There are some really talented people here!
I think artistic talent is hidden more often than most other talents. I imagine that most people (myself included) harbor the suspicion that whatever art they're producing really isn't that great. It takes a request or insistence like this thread, I think, to get them to show what they've done.

I mean, really, who would've guessed so many MoFos had various artistic creations just lying around? Notice how almost none of them mentioned it before. I find that very interesting.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
starrdarcy - I am in awe. I can't even think of a response other than that.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I think artistic talent is hidden more often than most other talents. I imagine that most people (myself included) harbor the suspicion that whatever art they're producing really isn't that great. It takes a request or insistence like this thread, I think, to get them to show what they've done.

I mean, really, who would've guessed so many MoFos had various artistic creations just lying around? Notice how almost none of them mentioned it before. I find that very interesting.
Most people didn't mention their art before because their was no thread to put it into. Since MOFO is a movie forum, it's pretty hard to fit artwork at a site like this. This thread should be stickied and perhaps put in the general forum.

Oh, i also got so more of my artwork. It's more like concepts than artwork, but hey... it took imagination to make these pics...

My StarCraft Art Work, more like concepts...

Has anyone here played the game?, a modded interface:

Another picture of my wants:

I'm a experienced modder... no, i just did some clever work, heh heh...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Link to my deviantART site if anyone's interested

My life isn't written very well.
Starrdarcy; those maps look awesome! They remind me of mazes for some reason. You say they're based on real cities, now does that mean you create an overhead view just from what you think the city layouts look like from you experience, or do you copy them from pictures--or both!? They really are very cool! Love to see your earlier work!

Lets put a smile on that block
Those maps are mindblowing. Very impressed *clapity clap clapity clappy clap*

Thanks for the compliments, Samsonite Delilah and Pidd. And to answer your question, Delilah, I've been making comics on-and-off for about four years now. The top one I posted was actually the second comic I ever made, and there's about an 8 month gap between that and the rest of the ones I posted. I'm currently in the process of adapting number 3 into a 1-3 minute-long flash animation, which I'll be sure to put up when and if it ever gets done.

Oh yeah, and great maps, Starrdarcy. What a cool concept.