So let me preface this by first saying; I had a traumatic brain injury when I was young and due to the injury, my memory isn't really good at all, due to this fact all I can remember about this movie is one very specific scene, which I will try to describe as best I can. First, as the description says, the movie I'm looking for has a female lead, If my memory serves she's a brunette and she's trying to figure something out... I am pretty sure it is either a murder that has already happened, or one that is going to. So either she is trying to find someone's killer, or trying to prevent someone from being killed. The scene in question is (from my memory, which admittedly is not good) is about half or 5/8 into the movie, and the main character either lives with another female who has came back drunk, or has had a friend come over drunk... During the struggle to get the other female into her bed, she gives up a vital piece of information albeit in a slurred speech RIGHT when she passes out. The main character asks her what she said a few times before finally giving up... This is literally the only scene I can clearly remember enough to describe it in detail... But I know this movie was made somewhere between the 1980s and the mid 2000s, is in english, and was really good. I used to have it on vhs but we somehow lost it and I have been searching for it literally everywhere I can think of in hopes someone might catch something and remember it from the small amount of info I could provide. Thanks in advance for even reading my post, and if by chance someone figures out which movie I'm talking about I will be greatly appreciative. Thanks again.