2000s
8.70%
4 votes
2010s
15.22%
7 votes
Something else (specify in thread)
46 votes. You may not vote on this poll

We just had a thematic countdown (foreign). It makes sense to move to a "decade" one, I guess...
I like your line of thinking!

I pick noir...great list though
What is a great list? The list from the last countdown we did? OR the BFI's Noir list that we have? If you meant the BFI's noir list, it blows
Us MoFos could do much better coming up with a great Noir list.

2000s then 2010s although I'm also good with a themed countdown in the middle.
Ugh, that sounds boring, please...not two decades list in a row.

1. Sea movies
  2. Snow movies
  3. Action
  4. 80's
  5. 2000's
Sea Wife wins #1 Sea Movies or it's a crock

...And while I know that this would be tricky to work, I'd almost love to see something like "Underseen Gems" where the films nominated would have to have fewer than 5000 ratings on IMDb or something.
That's a capital idea, me like

What is a great list? The list from the last countdown we did? OR the BFI's Noir list that we have? If you meant the BFI's noir list, it blows
Us MoFos could do much better coming up with a great Noir list.

Ugh, that sounds boring, please...not two decades list in a row.
e

I was being sarcastic over the two options

Hidden Gems is interesting but will be a task to generate a list and for the host to qualify. Also why 5k? 5k for a 40 year old movie isn't the same for a new movie...I think?

What genres haven't been done? It seems like a lot of the major genres still don't have forum lists.

Also, I'd pass on noir. For this site it's a top 50 maybe and/or the side rec HOF picks will be too prevalent.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Hidden Gems is interesting but will be a task to generate a list and for the host to qualify. Also why 5k? 5k for a 40 year old movie isn't the same for a new movie...I think?

What genres haven't been done? It seems like a lot of the major genres still don't have forum lists.

Also, I'd pass on noir. For this site it's a top 50 maybe and/or the side rec HOF picks will be too prevalent.
Action
Adventure
Comedy
Epic
Fantasy
Music/Musical
Noir
Neo-Noir
Romantic Comedy
Thriller
War

Noir is also no way a top 50

Gotta ya. BTW what do you think of the BFI noir list? I think we could do better, much better.
It's fine for what it is...PASTE has a much better 100 noir list

"How tall is King Kong ?"
It depends on what you mean by "hidden". Hidden from whom, when ? If the referential is now, then even a film that was very successful in its time but is forgotten nowadays according to imdb stats could qualify as (now) hidden.

Admittedly, that's a bit less interesting than "movies that were overlooked when they were released", but it's still a non-entirely uninteresting interpretation of the concept ("movies that are being overlooked nowadays").

I wouldn’t pass, but I definitely agree with this sentiment.

Yeah "pass" isn't the right word because I would still participate - more of a general "pass."

Lots of genres to choose from. Comedy, anyone?

In case anyone's wondering why there aren't any genres in the poll, it's because the community has an informal (but surprisingly rigid in practice) tendency to alternate between time-based lists and everything else, and we're "due" for a time-based list.

Anyway, poll results very very consensus-y so far...

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Hopefully black and white films can gain some steam for the next non decade list. I like the option because the eligibility is definitely "black and white" save for a few films.

If not, it may just be beneficial to update an older list like the animation one or something like that.

Yeah, poll ain't over, but if the 2000s won...who'd be interested in hosting that bad boy? With lots of help from yours truly, of course, particularly the ballot software.

I just seen one of the best WWII war films, I've ever seen...and I hadn't even heard of it before. An oldie but a goodie.

Could you PM me the name?