Concentration camp movie (non English)

Tools    

I would say this movie was 90s to present day. It wasn’t in English.

I seem to remember in the movie it started in modern times and then it goes back to a scene in a concentration camp, it is really artfully done. There is a roll call of inmates on an outside work assignment. It is in freezing conditions with ice and I think snow. A really old inmate slips and falls over on the ice. A head SS man nods to guards and they run over and help the old inmate back up and go back to their positions. Some or all of it is in slow motion and and there is music too I’m sure. I think it then comes back to modern day and a big apartment complex in some city. It was a fantastic scene, beautifully shot.

SS guards are nice to a concentration camp inmate??????? That's hard to contemplate unless it's a comedy or a surreal scene.

Here's a list of holocaust movies: List of Holocaust films

Some of the possible 'comedies' are:
To Be Or Not To Be from 1942 and 1983
Life Is Beautiful

SS guards are nice to a concentration camp inmate??????? That's hard to contemplate unless it's a comedy or a surreal scene.

Some of the possible 'comedies' are:
To Be Or Not To Be from 1942 and 1983
Life Is Beautiful
It was definitely NOT a comedy and I don’t find it that hard to contemplate. I am sure there were moments like this that happened and it was just a moment. He fell over, they helped him up, end scene. It was in slow mo and picture was ultra crystal clear, it was shot to perfection.

It wasn’t Life Is Beautiful and definitely not from the 1940’s and was a foreign language film.. I think it was one long word that I couldn’t even pronounce if I tried.. possibly German.. idk.. I don’t think Russian though.

Just spent a good 20 mins trawling through that with no success. I don’t think it was a Holocaust film as after this scene it goes to present day. Really hope someone knows this!