Collateral

→ in
Tools    

Didn't like it at all. Basically silly plot, the leads both overacted, and there was nothing new to justify spending two hours of my life on the movie.

i found this movie to be ok but i was let down from the preveiws of the movie i expected it to be a lot better

This movie was quite good. I thought Tom Cruise was pretty good as the villian which was out of character for him, but Jamie Foxx stole the show. He was great.

Enjoyed it very much even though there were some hokey scenes such as Spoilers -------> the cops ignoring blood on the windshield to go to another call.

I like the film and i dont think it was ever meant to be a great film but it was good for what it was...and whoever made the comment about coincidences dont you realise a good story has to have stuff in it that would not have happened on a normal day...i mean a story about a hitman making any random guy drive him round city to kill people would not have been as intresting a one where the last victim is the glimmer of light in the cabbys dark life....... both acted very well and i think cruise is good when he goes for roles out of his usual action good guy role...magnolia for example....foxx suprised me and the film entertained me... 8/10 by my rating.

Surprisingly I liked the movie. Not always a cruise fan..well I should say I'm a closet cruise fan but I really did enjoy the movie.

tom cruise was a total badass in this movie. i loved it, he drops three guys in like a second and a half, then takes the last one out execution-style, to the head. oh... and the acting by jaime fox was phenominal. that too.

Good movie but nothing that really grabbed me. I enjoyed the performances by Cruise and Foxx and the ending was quite good, but I'm not sure if I'll feel the need to watch it again any time soon. Overall a decent film but forgettable.

it was alright

I may be a little late, but i'll throw my hat into the ring and say that i thought it was a great movie.

I liked both Cruise and Foxx, but if you ask me any real greatness in this picture is due to Michael Mann. He did a lot of beautiful work with his digital camera on this one, including some experimentation on color which impressed me very much. The cinematography was more than competent, in my opinion. Any fan of Mann would appreciate what he did between the two characters, which was a devoloping dynamic which i appreciated.

i thought it was just okay. entertaining. worth a watch, but didnt blow me away.

Collateral was a pretty good movie I thought. Tom Cruise was an unlikely hitman, I agree, but I think that was the point to an extent, he was supposed to be an unassuming everyday guy.
Putting that aside as a given, I think he played a good part, but was a little overshadowed by Foxx who shone in his role. The ending wasn't as good as I thought it could have been tho, but we can't have everything, can we?

Now honey, let's not have a scene!

I went to see this movie last night, and I actually really enjoyed it! It's a typical mans movie in my opinion, but I thought it seemed pretty interesting.
Now I'm not really a fan on Tom Cruise, and I have read reviews saying that he couldn't pull the role of a hitman off, but I think he did it rather well. They greyed his hair (to make him look more serious?) and his dry mannerisms and dark sense of humour made his character work pretty well.
Jamie Foxx is one to watch! I was very impressed with his performance!

I thought it was a bit slow at the beginning, because you aren't told much about toms motives and what he's doing, but in the end it all gets explained!
There is an amazing action sequence in a club that I really loved!

I'll give it a B+

Anyone else like this movie?
Low-Band Noise. All I'll say about that.

It was an entertaining movie! I've enjoyed watching this one...

I saw it in theaters, absolutely loved it and bought the DVD. Since then I've seen it about 20 times. One of my favorites for sure.
It's a sleek, gorgeously shot character study with some fantastic action sequences. Cruise and Foxx are both at their best and Michael Mann's direction is as strong as ever. #4 on my top 10 of 2004.

See the trailer here:

Cruise took a calculated career risk here that paid off in spades...spellbinding film from beginning to end with Cruise and Foxx working like a well-oiled machine, thanks to Michael Mann's surprisingly articulate mounting of an overly complex screenplay.

a great film from a great director, the music was really atmospheric in this one, especially which lets you feel helpless as if you are the taxi driver jamie fox , there is great chemistry btw the two and the filming is superb from beginning to end, very gripping and brilliantly directed, i felt like i live in LA and that i spent a night there with so much places shown here, the setting couldn 't be any better.

Interested to see some more of Michael Mann I went for Collateral:

WARNING: spoilers below
I think having watched Heat all the way through for the first time recently the bar was very high. This is almost like a doodle on the sidelines of that story, with Vincent coming over as a peculiar after-image of De Niro's Neil McCauley. I'm not sure whether the character is a complete success – to me the grey hair is too much although I appreciate the wolf analogy made above; and at times Tom Cruise's mannerisms, particularly in the fight scenes, are a bit exaggerated.

The film starts well with Max and Annie's meeting and then goes along with mixed results. I was surprised not to recognize Mark Ruffalo straight away and I was impressed that he blended into the background like he did – I thought he was good. Javier Bardem was also great in his short role. However, in that scene I thought it was a bit difficult to accept Max developing such a steely presence and making it so convincing for Felix and his men. Jamie Foxx played the part well though, even with that kind of inconsistency and I was impressed with Jada Pinkett Smith as well.