TABOO, The Tom Hardy FX miniseries

Tools    

Im watching episode 3 now, the BBC version (I dont know if its airing the same time as the FX version). To all those that havent seen it, watch this. Its production is top tier, acted brilliantly, but the true draw is its a drama with true intrigue, a rarity in todays television.

Recognizing more actors now than I did the first episode as theyve introduced more characters, all of which serves a purpose to the storyline.

TONGO dialed in

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I've got this on my watchlist. In which episode is Mr Hardy n00d? I want to check out his...urmmm...tattoos.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I've got this on my watchlist. In which episode is Mr Hardy n00d? I want to check out his...urmmm...tattoos.
I'm on episode 5 and I think he only put his clothes on once, so far.

LOL overexposure springs to mind.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm somewhere around 4 or 5th episode. I really like the writing in this. It continues to go in unexpected directions to the point that I just sit back and fully enjoy this dark, gritty ride.

LOL @ hardy's grunt counter. That's almost as good as Sean bean's death reel.

The Adventure Starts Here!
How is FX getting away with dropping all those F-bombs in every episode? (I've watched all the current episodes On Demand, so perhaps the F-bombs aren't audible in the aired versions. Yes? No?)

Having binged these first half dozen episodes in the past two days, I can say that it's almost cloyingly bleak and dark -- literally. London is perpetually muddy, ugly, filthy, and sad. And although the story is mostly compelling and Hardy and the others are all marvelous (is Jonathan Pryce in everything all of a sudden?), I'm almost glad I'm caught up and now can only watch one episode a week. It was getting depressing.

Not sure how I feel about the odd supernatural elements (or hints of them, at this point) or even the title of the show itself (what taboo(s) are we talking about here? incest? cannibalism? others?)... but I'm still watching.

Oh, and you'll also recognize Oona/Zilpha as Mrs. Rob Stark from Game of Thrones.

Fantastic series, watched it twice already. Hilarious. I cracked up over his "I'm always like this." line. Bring on series two which knowing my luck'll never materialize.

Just finished. What a finale!! How far on is everyone else?
Finished it last night. Loved every filthy, muddy, tortured minute of it!

WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
poor Zilpha, I was hoping she'd survive. Poor Brace, denied passage on the boat. Poor Cholmondeley, and how touching that little scene with him all burnt and Godfrey in his Molly dress

Just finished it. I liked it a lot, it was beautifully done. I just felt it was missing something, like it was holding back. I hope there'll be more!

Just finished it. I liked it a lot, it was beautifully done. I just felt it was missing something, like it was holding back. I hope there'll be more!
Yeah, just what horrible deeds did he get up to in Africa? I don't think there'll be a second series. It's been panned by a lot of critics and I read that it's lost quite a lot of dosh for Hardy and his dad.