Allied releases 2/28/2017
Manchester by the Sea releases 2/22/2017
The Light Between Oceans releases 2/22/2017
Loving releases 3/7/2017
Silence releases March 2017
20th Century Women releases March 2017
Jackie releases April 2017
Paterson releases April 2017

I won't be able to watch most of these before the deadline. Hopefully I can get a few of them.

While I finally have a list of nominations I'm happy with (mostly that is, I don't have anyone for Best Supporting Actress, and I'm not sure if some of the actors I have should go in the Best Actor or Best Supporting Actor category). But I won't be sending my list until I at least see Hacksaw Ridge. I'm still kicking myself for not seeing it in the theatre.

Speaking of the local theatres, Manchester by the Sea is still playing in a small theatre outside town here, so I managed to catch it last night with my room mate. There was no one else there.

One thing i've quickly noticed for me anyway Female Performances>Male Performances in 2016.
I have the exact opposite. I just said that I don't have anyone for Supporting Actress, but I've now noticed that I only have one person for Best Actress.

Maybe I'm unconsciously super misogynistic? Or I should just watch more diverse films haha.

Did you like Machester?

I've only got one thing left to do that i'm waiting for a PM about then i'm sending mine. Left Trailer and Visual Effects blank coz i don't care about them.

It was good. It didn't blow me away or anything, but I liked it. The locations looked like a fancier, less miserable version of here, which both my room mate and I found very amusing.

I voted just now. Doubt the vast majority of my picks will be nominated but whatever. This was my final ranking when i sent my list so you could guess some picks:

01.American Honey - Andrea Arnold
02.I, Daniel Blake - Ken Loach
03.Everybody Wants Some - Richard Linklater
04.Manchester By The Sea - Kenneth Lonergan
05.Certain Women - Kelly Reichardt
06.Krisha - Trey Edward Shults
07.The Witch - Robert Eggers
08.13TH - Ana DuVernay
09.Your Name - Makoto Shinkai
10.Moonlight - Barry Jenkins
11.Sing Street - John Carney
12.Elle - Paul Verhoeven
13.The Eyes of My Mother - Nicholas Pesce
14.Hell Or High Water - David Mackenzie
15.Zero Days - Alex Gibney
16.Silence - Martin Scorsese
17.Loving - Jeff Nichols
18.Swiss Army Man - Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert
19.Hunt For The Wilderpeople - Taika Waititi
20.Blue Jay - Duplass Brothers
21.The Edge of Seventeen - Kelly Fremon
22.Julieta - Pedro Almodovar
23.The Nice Guys - Shane Black
24.Zootopia - Disney
25.Midnight Special - Jeff Nichols
26.La La Land - Damien Chazelle
27.Deadpool - Tim Miller
28.Green Room - Jeremy Saulnier
29.Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Gareth Edwards
30.Finding Dory - Pixar
31.10 Cloverfield Lane - Dan Trachtenberg
32.The Secret Life of Pets - Illumination
33.Captain Fantastic - Matt Ross
34.Hidden Figures - Theodore Melfi

@seanc Actually did you ever see Loving? What did you think of it? Just curious coz i know you love Nichols and i thought it was the better of two disappointing films from him this year.

@seanc Actually did you ever see Loving? What did you think of it? Just curious coz i know you love Nichols and i thought it was the better of two disappointing films from him this year.
I saw it last weekend. I liked it much better than Midnight Special. Great performances. Loved the score and cinematography. It's simple and I don't know if it will stick with me but it was a nice watch.

I saw it last weekend. I liked it much better than Midnight Special. Great performances. Loved the score and cinematography. It's simple and I don't know if it will stick with me but it was a nice watch.
My post about it - http://www.movieforums.com/community...70#post1610470

I think you know me well enough by now to know that i often get hung up on really random stuff like that one scene but yeah i liked it, kinda. You'd agree his two 2016 films are his weakest right? Shotgun Stories is his best not his weakest btw

My post about it - http://www.movieforums.com/community...70#post1610470

I think you know me well enough by now to know that i often get hung up on really random stuff like that one scene but yeah i liked it, kinda. You'd agree his two 2016 films are his weakest right? Shotgun Stories is his best not his weakest btw
I agree about them being his weakest and about that scene. Bugged me too but it must have happened. I actually am a big Mud fan. Shotgun Stories two and Take Shelter three.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Sorry man, got really burnt out on 2016 films as i've watched quite a few since November.
I think I am too. And I didn't even see that many!

Was going to see Hidden Figures this week, then realized why be in a hurry to see something I probably wouldn't like a ton anyways.

Manchester will win. Calling it now. I see more love for that one on here than any other movie of 2016. I, Daniel Blake is going to be the big dark horse that might come in high, I don't see it as much, but everyone on here who watched it ranks it very, very high.