2016 Mofo Film Awards - The Nominations

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Updated my list with Hidden Figures bottom of the 33 i've seen. Going to watch the five BP nominees i have left, Moana and Jackie then i'll send my list.
The bottom? Harsh.

Legend in my own mind
Mine will be done by the end of the week. Just need to rewatch a couple.

I'm glad you're bumping this thread, as I really have worked hard to try and participate more this time around, than in years past. I'm still watching 2016 movies! So I will send in my nominations, but what to wait tell the last minute. I hope I don't forget.

Have you seen it? Why is that harsh, just because it was nominated for BP? I didn't think it was good.

Updated my list with Hell Or High Water at #14, going to try and watch Arrival tomorrow then i'll only have Fences, Lion and Hacksaw Ridge left.

Welcome to the human race...
It's not Camo's fault that he's managed to avoid watching anything especially terrible over the past year.

It's not Camo's fault that he's managed to avoid watching anything especially terrible over the past year.
Don't know if you're serious here but that's what i'd say for me anyway. I'd call about 5 or 6 films below average but i haven't hated anything. I always avoid films i think i'll hate, i get people who want to see everything but i just can rarely pull the trigger on watching something i think i'll despise. I do think i've been lucky this year though; there's usually at least one film i thought i could like that i end up hating.

Here's all the ones i've watched ranked (also posting it so i don't have to keep going back to Page 3 to update it):

01.American Honey - Andrea Arnold
02.I, Daniel Blake - Ken Loach
03.Everybody Wants Some - Richard Linklater
04.Manchester By The Sea - Kenneth Lonergan
05.Certain Women - Kelly Reichardt
06.Krisha - Trey Edward Shults
07.The Witch - Robert Eggers
08.13TH - Ana DuVernay
09.Your Name - Makoto Shinkai
10.Moonlight - Barry Jenkins
11.Sing Street - John Carney
12.Elle - Paul Verhoeven
13.The Eyes of My Mother - Nicholas Pesce
14.Hell Or High Water - David Mackenzie
15.Zero Days - Alex Gibney
16.Silence - Martin Scorsese
17.Loving - Jeff Nichols
18.Swiss Army Man - Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert
19.Hunt For The Wilderpeople - Taika Waititi
20.Blue Jay - Duplass Brothers
21.The Edge of Seventeen - Kelly Fremon
22.Julieta - Pedro Almodovar
23.The Nice Guys - Shane Black
24.Zootopia - Disney
25.Midnight Special - Jeff Nichols
26.La La Land - Damien Chazelle
27.Deadpool - Tim Miller
28.Green Room - Jeremy Saulnier
29.Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Gareth Edwards
30.Finding Dory - Pixar
31.10 Cloverfield Lane - Dan Trachtenberg
32.The Secret Life of Pets - Illumination
33.Captain Fantastic - Matt Ross
34.Hidden Figures - Theodore Melfi

I dunno, i didn't find any of them weaker than Hidden Figures. I know you really don't like Deadpool which is understandable so you'd have that lower; personally i thought it was alright, a few laughs will most likely never watch it again but it didn't bother me. I could have Hidden Figures above Captain Fantastic and The Secret Life of Pets; i felt around the same with those three. The rest i found something i liked more than anything in Hidden Figures at least.

Have you seen it? Why is that harsh, just because it was nominated for BP? I didn't think it was good.

Updated my list with Hell Or High Water at #14, going to try and watch Arrival tomorrow then i'll only have Fences, Lion and Hacksaw Ridge left.
I haven't, but you've been the first person to give it a negative reaction. At least from what I've seen.

I haven't, but you've been the first person to give it a negative reaction. At least from what I've seen.
Yeah, i guess. I've not seen anyone rave about it either. I didn't completely hate it just thought it was bland and uninteresting and i don't understand why it was nominated for BP; or at least i don't think it deserves it. Rated it
+ i think.

thought it was bland and uninteresting and i don't understand why it was nominated for BP; or at least i don't think it deserves it. Rated it
+ i think.
Backlash from the previous years #OscarSoWhite ????

Yeah, HK mentioned that. Guess that's what it is but then again others might think it deserves it on its own merits. Either way i didn't think it was good. Watching Arrival tomorrow then just three more Best Picture nominees and i'll send my list.

With my recent viewings of Swiss Army Man and Sing Street, I've seen 39 films from 2016 so far. I plan to go see Manchester by the Sea this weekend while it's still playing in the smaller theatre outside town, and Hacksaw Ridge (which I missed in theatres) is out on DVD soon, so I'll definitely have over 40 seen while nominations are still open. There are still a few other films I plan to watch as well.

I put my list together. Still think I can get to Lion and Hacksaw Ridge so I will wait till aroind the 25th to send it.

With my recent viewings of Swiss Army Man and Sing Street.
Wow, my top two films of the year!!!!

What did you think, hopefully, at the very least, you liked both of them.