The greatest T.V. series EVER made really is.....

Tools    

What is the best ongoing Drama?

The Americans in my opinion.
I only saw the pilot for The Americans. It was good, but brutal. I kind of got a sense of Breaking Bad coming from it, the neighbor being in the FBI (I think it was the FBI).

Game Of Thrones and The Walking Dead are well known, but right now Id say its Westworld. Season 1 of WW may be the best standalone tv season ever made, or as good as.

I only saw the pilot for The Americans. It was good, but brutal. I kind of got a sense of Breaking Bad coming from it, the neighbor being in the FBI (I think it was the FBI).

Game Of Thrones and The Walking Dead are well known, but right now Id say its Westworld. Season 1 of WW may be the best standalone tv season ever made, or as good as.
Please watch The Americans next. I'd love to talk to you about an ongoing show; you know how much we enjoyed our The Wire conversations. I've not seen the full show yet, i'm on Season 3 of 4. Hope you join me with The Americans here's the thread i made -

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=47938

Just watch that video and tell me it's not the best sans The Sopranos opening
Yeah great opening credits, reminiscent of Homelands, I will watch it but am leaning towards finishing that up or start up Homicide next.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I started The Wire but couldn't get a handle on the street lingo. The guy who recommended it to me said it would take about 6 episodes to get into the language but I think I gave up at 4. Normally If I'm not hooked in the pilot I might give a show 3 episodes then I just totally disconnect from the characters.

Most recent shows that gave me back that BB experience with champing at the bit for the next episode

Westworld
Night Of
The Crown

Better Call Saul I'm desperately hanging out for. Love it!

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The Wire was fantastic. Some of my other faves were:

Deadwood
Peaky Blinders
Black Mirror
First 2 seasons of The Misfits
Better Call Saul
Fargo

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ha. Another Misfits fan. I dropped off shortly after Robert Sheehan left.

Yeah great opening credits, reminiscent of Homelands, I will watch it but am leaning towards finishing that up or start up Homicide next.
I watched the first two episodes of Homicide last year. I was enjoying it but it is just too damn long haha. Think i'll buy the dvds some time this year and run through them.

Rome.

Never found one that beats it. Got to know so many good actors that I'd never heard of because of that.

Games of Thrones and Black Sails are close seconds.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The first season of Carnivale. Not to be confused or lumped in with Carnivale season II.