The greatest T.V. series EVER made really is.....

Tools    

HBO series that premiered in 2002 to 2008, and has had an influence plus opened doors in storytelling for many different shows after. I did a review on this series giving it 5 stars, it was ahead of its time, but the point is it still is ahead of its time. A drama lasting 5 seasons 58 episodes near 600 hours, there is not a facet of life untouched in Baltimore, Maryland. The series examines the lowest points of the streets, all throughout the schools, newspapers, dockworker unions, police department, city hall, drug empires, prison, it really goes on and on.

The first series where no one character appears in every episode, and nobody is safe, especially for the street characters. There is some comedy, its dark comedy, and most every story arc & character is based off a true event / person, many of which guest starred in this series. The good guys mostly lose, and nothing makes sense. Very realistic. The acting power committed to this series is as good as any show Ive ever seen, even Game Of Thrones. Many careers were started from this series.

I created this thread to drum up as many MoFo's as I can to finally watch this. Yes folks, it is that damn good.

Has anyone not seen The Wire?

My wife and I watched the first episode and haven't gotten back to it. I'm sure it gets good but we weren't drawn in by that little sample.

What does everyone think is the best drama on right now? Since Breaking Bad finished there hasn't really been a general consensus. For the record i always thought Mad Men was a better show than BB but i realize i'm in the minority. I think the closest thing would maybe be Game of Thrones or Fargo.

My pick is Mr Robot but i know it has it's problems and again i'm in the minority.

It's a pretty good show yes but it's not my favorite...

The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Supernatural and Lost are better imo

What does everyone think is the best drama on right now? Since Breaking Bad finished there hasn't really been a general consensus. For the record i always thought Mad Men was a better show than BB but i realize i'm in the minority. I think the closest thing would maybe be Game of Thrones or Fargo.

My pick is Mr Robot but i know it has it's problems and again i'm in the minority.
Game Of Thrones.

Better Call Saul really picked up in the second season, at least it seemed to for me. Id say that or House Of Cards comes in second.

I think House of Cards has gotten worse every season personally. The first two were really good though. Westworld has been great so far; it's only 3 episodes in though. My runner up to Mr Robot would be Rectify.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's certainly on the shortlist for GOAT, a very short, shortlist. Contenders for me, Sopranos, Game of Thrones (much depends on how these last 2 seasons go), the Shield.

It's a pretty good show yes but it's not my favorite...

The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Supernatural and Lost are better imo
Don't think i have or will ever hear someone say The Walking Dead or Supernatural are better than The Wire again haha.

Gotta be South Park, just about the only show capable of sending me into a hysterical laugh.

Sometimes they really just hit the bullseye with a piece of satire and it strikes my funnybone like a bolt of lightning. Nothing else comes close.

Mm. I disagree. South Park may make me laugh hysterically at will, but it hasnt scared me, enthralled me, made me run to the next episode, or scream in anguish from a bad story turn. There is so much more to greatness than just that one aspect.

No, like Tongo says I don't go out of my way to watch it but sometimes I put it on and sometimes legendary hilarity ensues.

I remember coming across the Jennifer Lopez hand puppet episode, the part where Ben Affleck (a recurring object of SP hilarity) falls for the puppet instead of J-LO can still set me off laughing to this day.

The songs they came up with too. Taco Taco Burito Burito hahahaha

Mm. I disagree. South Park may make me laugh hysterically at will, but it hasnt scared me, enthralled me, made me run to the next episode, or scream in anguish from a bad story turn. There is so much more to greatness than just that one aspect.
We were talking about favourite comedy shows. Laughter is obviously the most important aspect there. Of course i realize South Park isn't going to be manys favourite though, it is mine anyway. Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny, Community, Seinfeld and Nathan For You would be my next five.

No, like Tongo says I don't go out of my way to watch it but sometimes I put it on and sometimes legendary hilarity ensues.

I remember coming across the Jennifer Lopez hand puppet episode, the part where Ben Affleck (a recurring object of SP hilarity) falls for the puppet instead of J-LO can still set me off laughing to this day.

The songs they came up with too. Taco Taco Burito Burito hahahaha
Great episode. The Mitch Connor reveal kills me every time

We were talking about favourite comedy shows. Laughter is obviously the most important aspect there. Of course i realize South Park isn't going to be manys favourite though, it is mine anyway. Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny, Community, Seinfeld and Nathan For You would be my next five.
Ah, I thought you were talking about fav show ever, including all genres.