Logan

Tools    

I watched this trailer earlier today and shared it with several of my friends. I am beyond pumped for a hopefully R-rated Wolverine film. It looks like a “Last of Us”-type storyline set in a post-apocalyptic X-men universe. Can’t wait!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I can't watch the trailer without several questions popping into my head,

Why does he look old?
Why does he have scars?
Why does he say "mutants they are gone now"? is that an example of the trailer mashing a line that isn't in the film?
Why is Xavier in it?
Why is Xavier alive if Logan has gotten old?
Where are the rest of the X-Men?
Is this another apocalyptic future type deal? didn't DOFP just do that?

Why does he look old? Wolverine does age... but slowly, very slowly. X-Men Origins showed him and his brother fighting the civil war etc. He is around 200 years old.
Why does he have scars? Look above. He is getting older and worn out and his powers begin to fade. Read the comic 'Old Man Logan' for more (this film is slightly based/inspired by that)
Why does he say "mutants they are gone now"? is that an example of the trailer mashing a line that isn't in the film? I guess they are all dead, I dunno
Why is Xavier in it? why not
Why is Xavier alive if Logan has gotten old? well he was born way after Logan. He is old too now so they kind of caught up with each other i guess
Where are the rest of the X-Men? dead I guess. Will probably be explained in the movie.
Is this another apocalyptic future type deal? didn't DOFP just do that? I'm pretty sure this is the same timeline established by DOFP. But again, why all the mutans are gone/dead (except Xavier appearently) i don't know...

Wolverine does age... but slowly, very slowly. X-Men Origins showed him and his brother fighting the civil war etc. He is around 200 years old.

Sure I know all this but it just seems a rather sudden ageing.

Suppose it answers a lot of questions though, if his powers are starting to fade, and fade quickly by the looks of things. Will allow Jackman to play Wolverine again maybe, or could this be his last outing.

The above though is slightly contradicted by DOFP which was clearly set into the future with an old Prof Xavier and Logan didn't look nearly as old as he does here.

Sure I know all this but it just seems a rather sudden ageing.

Suppose it answers a lot of questions though, if his powers are starting to fade, and fade quickly by the looks of things. Will allow Jackman to play Wolverine again maybe, or could this be his last outing.

The above though is slightly contradicted by DOFP which was clearly set into the future with an old Prof Xavier and Logan didn't look nearly as old as he does here.
Ive noticed Marvel Comics has started going away from continuity when they can pair a choice writer and artist for one story arc. This movie may be unattached from everything, but just a great story from familiar characters.

Yeah looking forward to it, the Wolverine standalone's have been a little lacking. Would be nice to say goodbye to a great character that has been strong since the beginning of the comic book movie boom with a great film.

New B&W photo released from Logan

Im really excited for this movie as it looks like its going to a storytelling tone rather than the standard Crash-Boom-Pow formula of superhero movies.

The same director behind The Wolverine is doing this one as well, James Mangold.
The Wolverine is the strongest of the X movies, so I'm pretty excited about this one tbh.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

The one thing that has always bothered me about these movies is the LACK of continuity. It all started with First Class and the entire series is messed up. So many questions that I doubt this film will answer.

It does look good though. A stand alone flick that will be a perfect send off (hopefully) for Jackman in his iconic role. Fassbender recently stated that he does't know if he'll return for another film because he doesn't know the future of the franchise. They need to let these films rest, no reboot or anything, or at the very least follow a different set of mutants.

Deadpool showed that it can work, give some lesser known mutants a shot at the limelight.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Why does he look old?
Why does he have scars?
Why does he say "mutants they are gone now"? is that an example of the trailer mashing a line that isn't in the film?
Why is Xavier in it?
Why is Xavier alive if Logan has gotten old?
Where are the rest of the X-Men?
Is this another apocalyptic future type deal? didn't DOFP just do that?
His AGE and his scars go hand in hand. His power is weakening, so he ages more now and he takes a long time to heal...if at all.

I'm assuming the mutants have been wiped out, which is why they live in an abandoned whatever and not the school. The girl could be the "one to save" the mutants, no idea.

I was surprised to see him in this as well. Wolverine aging the way he does, Xavier should pretty well be dead by now. But we'll have to wait and see if they address this in the film. I have no idea what timeframe this film takes place in, all I know is that it's after everything we've already seen.

The other X-Men are most likely dead.

DOFP did do that, but this looks like an inevitable future, where they could change DOFP.

In the Beginning...
I don't know... something just feels off. The trailer is stylish, sure, but why does Wolverine look like Danny Ocean? Also, I question the R-rating. It'll appease those who feel the need to see Wolverine eviscerate someone in fine detail, but that satisfaction only goes so far. Did James Mangold want to make a spiritual sequel to Drive and decided to use Logan to do it?

I don't know... something just feels off. The trailer is stylish, sure, but why does Wolverine look like Danny Ocean? Also, I question the R-rating. It'll appease those who feel the need to see Wolverine eviscerate someone in fine detail, but that satisfaction only goes so far. Did James Mangold want to make a spiritual sequel to Drive and decided to use Logan to do it?
Honestly I can handle a little Danny Ocean in a superhero movie right now. I enjoy the Avengers and Marvel movies but theyve been at a consistent level of outragousness that I long for a superhero story, something which has real character development and pacing. I liked X-Men 1 & 2 and Days of Future Past, Im hoping LOGAN joins that group.

Welcome to the human race...
This excerpt from this end-of-year list about the first 40 minutes definitely has me interested (and at least the movies cited are more intriguing than Drive)...

Logan is a gorgeous-looking movie with overwhelmingly intense action sequences. I actually misted up during one of them. I don’t want to overhype Logan — after all, I’ve only seen forty minutes of it. But I’m still thinking about those forty minutes, its grit and grimness with notes of Mad Max and Unforgiven and Children of Men.

One of the most awaited movies of the year 2017.

Hugh Jackman Reveals The Official Synopsis of Logan

The Australian actor Hugh Jackman is very excited and emotional at the same time about playing Logan/Wolverine in the final standalone movie of the franchise directed by James Mangold. He has given over a decade of his life to this character, and have played it like a boss. He has been revered by both critics and fans for his masterful performances in successive X-Men and independent Wolverine movies.

Hugh Jackman recently said “I’m really really proud of this movie. I was really keen that I didn’t leave the party feeling like I could dance more. I think I’m pretty much danced out, and I had a great time. It’s been an unbelievable ride, but it feels right.”

It’s almost unimaginable to even think of any other actor besides Hugh Jackman to bring Wolverine character to life. In the last installment, we might see “berserker rage” of Wolverine in Logan. It’s a mental state when Wolverine turns absolutely crazy, goes on a rampage, without thinking about the moral consequences of the act.

It’s confirmed that his character is inspired by “Old Man Logan” story based on a dystopian future where villains finally prevailed after Wolverine was caught in a trap laid down by Mysterio.Previously, the antagonist character had been described as “a relentless, calculating and intense head of Security for a global enterprise who is set against Jackman’s clawed Wolverine/Logan hero”. Well, Boyd Holbrook(of Narcos fame) is a cyborg supervillain Donald Pierce who is running a unit of criminal cyborgs hell-bent on mutant’s blood.

The official synopsis of the movie Logan is as follows:

“In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hide out on the Mexican border. But Logan’s attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are upended when a young mutant arrives, being pursued by dark forces.”

The movie opens on March 3 directed by James Mangold starring Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Richard E. Grant, Boyd Holbrook, Stephan Merchant and DafneKeen.

http://www.quirkybyte.com/blog/2017/...ynopsis-logan/

After not having seen a movie in a theater for almost 2 years, I wonder if itll be Scorceses' Silence or Logan that will bring me in. Itll be one of the two.

Ill probably see them both back to back, same day.

One more tweet for the road....