Did you like Halloween III: Season Of The Witch???

Tools    

Did you like Halloween III: Season Of The Witch?
46.67%
7 votes
YES
53.33%
8 votes
NO
15 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Im gonna let it go cause I already did this poll thread today, but ugh. Brutal!

Temple Of Doom was better than Crystal Skull though.

....the greatness that is.. get the hell outta here with dat talk!

Donald Pleasance was a good actor, he killed his career starring in crap, but he was solid. Jamie Lee Curtis another good actress. Season Of The Witch had nothing. No John Carpenter in his prime. No Jaime Lee or Donald. No cool villain...nothing. It was a b.a.d. movie.

I....in all honesty the only thing I could see why people like it would be their disgust for the Michael Myers rehash. Thats the only thing I can think of. Nobody has told me the reasons why they liked it. I think its because it really has nothing.

I'd rather watch "Halloween II" over the first movie. I like the hospital setting. I like it when Michael is more violent and kills more people. Such as in parts 4 & 5. My fantasy "Halloween" movie for the future returns to that style and era of Michael Myers.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I'd rather watch "Halloween II" over the first movie. I like the hospital setting. I like it when Michael is more violent and kills more people. Such as in parts 4 & 5. My fantasy "Halloween" movie for the future returns to that style and era of Michael Myers.

Mmmmhmm.

Welcome to the human race...
Nobody has told me the reasons why they liked it. I think its because it really has nothing.
it's a fun, memorable, atmospheric blast.
Anyway, I voted yes because, like Swan, I do consider it the only Halloween sequel that I actually kind of like. As for reasons...leaving aside that fragment of Swan's post, I like the novel concept (which felt like a welcome change as Michael's appeal was starting to wear a little thin even in II, which felt pulpier than the original and was all the worse for it). I like Tom Atkins in the lead role - between this and Night of the Creeps, I do find him to be a fairly charismatic cult actor and a satisfactory replacement for Pleasance, plus you have Dan O'Herlihy of RoboCop fame as a crusty villain (one of my favourite moments in the film is when he applauds Atkins with an amazing amount of unspoken sarcasm). I also agree that the film builds a good atmosphere - while I'll grant that the original built a good one out of never knowing when and where Michael might appear, there is still something that I find effective about this film's deployment of the "town with a dark secret" trope that helps to sell some of the more outwardly surreal developments. Also, I remember the ending being a good one. Hmm, I think you've talked me into revisiting this next Halloween - it's been a while since my last viewing.

Also, Temple of Doom is a good film. Like Halloween III, it may have upset initial audiences because of how much it defied their expectations but it's definitely held up just fine even after taking into account its status as one of the weaker Indy films.

My favorite things about Halloween 3 are how darkly twisted it is and it's atmosphere. God, the atmosphere!

It's no longer tied. Mind you, now that I'm bumping this, that may very well change again. I don't mind, though. It is a fun film. I don't believe I've ever hated a film, talked about it to others who liked it, and told them they were wrong. I can't stand anything past Alien and Aliens, but as far as I remember, I simply make jokes about how no other Alien film exist. There's only Alien and Aliens.

I love the separate story, and if it had done better at the box office, John Carpenter was going to start a series of films like that. He only wanted to do the first Halloween movie, and was talked into doing Halloween 2. After that, he truly wanted it over with. It was Moustapha Akkad, and Donald Pleasence that said to each other, they'd make like 20 something, or 30 something films . . . Some wild number. They tried, but number six truly screwed them up, and it got the story all cockified.

So anyways, it's a fun film, that's a bit gory, but I love the tension with trying to get it all shut down . . . before that really cool song played on Halloween night.

A system of cells interlinked
One more day 'til Halloween,
Halloween, Halloween
One more day 'til Halloween,
Silver Shamrock
Clicked on the thread and though "Oh ****, someone is going to post the song, and then it will be stuck in my head for days..."

Screen immediately jumps to this post...

"DAMMIT!"

I love this film.

There are a lot of occult (meaning 'hidden') symbols and themes that delve a bit deeper into the meaning of Halloween/Samhain.

For those paying attention - there's even a nod to William Mortensen's work.

I saw an interview once with Debra Hill. After the initial success with the first film the idea was to create a film every Halloween with a new and different story. The audience became fixated on the M.M. character though so he ended up dominating the franchise. Season of the Witch was meant to be a beginning toward a new direction.

Still a favorite for me. I was 15 when it came out - saw it at the drive in with a friend - we were surrounded by a bunch of drunken hillbillies who were rather dissatisfied with the lack of M.M. in the film. Made it that much more surreal.