Guaporense and Zotis Review Animation

→ in
Tools    

lol, u talk about ejaculate pace from point A to B a good progress, world building? when they just reach the capital? - AoT still on the same wall but already takin more and more revelation with some twist and there more plenty stuff to come, eventho' it's not guarantee anything
I never said anything to the effect that Kabaneri's fast pace was good progress and world building. I said that it was more progress. They progress further in a shorter period of time. And I said this because you said Attack on Titan has more progress. So, am I correct in understanding that what you meant by Attack on Titan having more progress is that you meant it had better progress? Is that why when I said Kabaneri has more progress you thought I was saying it had better progress? I do think it has better progress by the way, but quality has nothing to do with quantity. How much progress there is has nothing to do with how good the progress is.

Okay I mistaken ur line there saying it "good or bad" - I'd thought I see you said it as "way more better" - my bad

. They progress further in a shorter period of time. And I said this because you said Attack on Titan has more progress.
that show has bit potency but too short as there could be more progress, there were more potency on their world behind them and I recalled it story in anime just end like that, that why I said it always stuck with the prince

So, am I correct in understanding that
what you meant by Attack on Titan having more
progress is that you meant it had better progress?
yup

Is that why when I said Kabaneri has more
progress you thought I was saying it had better
progress? I do think it has better progress by the
way,
so my bad sight wasn't bad at all , at least u acknowledged u thought it was good progress, apparently

but quality has nothing to do with quantity. How much progress there is has nothing to do with how good the progress is.
that's cool line, but tbh kabaneri didn't have both of that

Like I said both were bad -in story progress, as well- but AoT
show and foreshadowing more, what front and behind them , eventho' they can be simplified as stuck in the sampe place, literally

Oh I just see this,

I don't know how you can even watch Attack on Titan, it's so bad. Kabaneri obviously borrows themes from Attack on Titan, but the writing and artwork are vastly superior
Better artwork, checked. tho' some design of kabaneri characters way more lame on attributes and fashion -something personal- but I can see it suit well with the settng
AoT way worse but the studio did lot hardwork to fix it compare it to the chaotic grotesque artwork in the manga. The fashion way more minimalist but also still suit the setting as well.

Better writing, well no I don't think so.

Probably the most glaring difference is in the dialogue. When characters talk in Attack on Titan they use a lot of words to say very little, and often repeat themselves. They say very generic things like, "I don't want to fight those things, are you crazy? If we're all going to die I just want to spend my final moments with my family. Let me go, don't try to stop me, I've made up my mind. blablabla."
idk what u said lol, I thought kabane was just the same kind issue regard that, in way cliche and more boring as well.

[b]People don't talk like that in real life, it's the kind of writing a teenager comes up with in some online fanfiction or freeform play by post roleplay.[b]
everyone know that, no japanese talk the way they do in anime

In terms of the plot it's extremely linear, and it drags on and on. It moves very slowly. Let's say this is the plot for one part: The titans attack the city, and break through the wall. The civilians flee for refuge behind the inner wall while the soldiers fight to hold off the titans." That would take like six episodes, and there would be very little substance actually filling up those six episodes.
I don't consider it that way, especially when it binged lol. There more show that more severe in pace and chronically dragging - an earlier episodes already long praise as it establish the chaotic and horror of it world, like "no hopes for humanity" kind of vibe, more strong emphasized than kabaneri "road to safe place" kind of stuff

In Kabaneri the basic plot has some similarities, "The zombies attack the city, break through the wall, and the citizens flee for safety." The initial concept of having only one city in Attack on Titan with a massive wall around it, is absurd.
well I know u don't care and hate AoT but that sound more absurd as criticism, I'll put it in spoiler
WARNING: spoilers below
it was builded via-titan, and how was that happen? Hence the fact

There more revelation about history and fact regard how the world build and shaped that I consider mindblowing, shocking, and sickening. but how deep the conspiracy and it history can goes, I still can see it turn worse (AoT)

The territory is too large for what they describe in the history of the story. There is no way with titans eating everyone (the cause for them to flee to and build a walled territory) that they would have time to build such massive walls. The territory is way too large for them to build it when you see how quickly they are devestated as soon as the Titans attack. Now imagine how could they possibly survive long enough to build a wall that large when they can't even survive long enough to run away without a massive wall already existing to protect them? In Kabaneri there are many cities, all over the country, and the zombies are a threat that under normal circumstances can be kept from entering the cities. The initial concept is better written because it makes more sense. Train tracks and walls around normal sized cities are things that did not have to be built on the spot in the face of an overwhelming threat.
I guess it will be pointless to explain some more, as it
1. Spoiler
2. u don't/won't care about it afterall

When they flee from the zombies after they break into the city, this is something way more realistic than in Attack on Titan, it doesn't drag on and on, and there is a lot more going on between the characters (who have much more developed and distinct personalities, and talk like real people instead of generic fanfiction writing).
kabaneri was just like some bad arc happen in shounen. try to getting somewhere but going nowhere and then it die with the cliche prince -

- so the realistic was in context here - zombie stuff is close in that way rather than gigantic humanoid - but in the end not much of the show could be said, really something that's grounded on realism - tho' both could be said post-apocalyptic in nature -

They reach three times further in the plot within the same amount of time, and have more going on in between because they don't
lol, they got the train of course someway they should reach further, geographically, but it don't even make something and bring much as the plot goes, at the end, then how it supposed. It simply A must go to B , tried to convoluted somekind of weak plot like prince rebellion but then died with it

drag out the pace
opposite to that, I thought kabaneri was kind of premature in ejaculation.
*I don't denied AoT has the dragging, especially went it came from ongoing series of manga. but for 12 or 26 typical episodes out of pace was way too much to put as statement

Well obviously we disagree. I think you don't know what you're talking about, and I don't think you've watched as much anime as me. You certainly haven't reviewed as much, and I don't know if you watch good anime or just mainstream crap, but so far I haven't seen you talk about much good anime. I consider Attack on Titan utter trash. Kabaneri is at least decent, though it's not an artistic masterpiece like Angel's Egg or anything.

Anyway, I hope Guarporense watches it. I really want to hear what his thoughts are. In the meantime I'm watching Mob Psycho 100.

I also finished Saga of Tanya the Evil and I'll probably write up a short review of it at some point. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for season 2.

Well obviously we disagree. I think you don't know what you're talking about, and I don't think you've watched as much anime as me.
You have a serious attitude problem. Are you like 13?

No wonder you went drive by posting in the other thread.

100) Bakuon (2016)

One of my favorite 2016 series. So, what are it's strengths? It has girls and bikes. The girls are cute and they don't sing annoying songs like in an idol show like Love Live, is it's a plus. The show also has lots of bikes and it makes fun of itself all the time: when the all girls highschool motorbike club decides to run a race competition all the girls drive safe and even use the turn signal when making curves and stuff during the race.

The show ends with a dream exposing the absurdity of motorbikes: they are not safe and are overall an impractical mode of transportation. Why people still use then? Because they are cool.

So, it's K-On! with Bikes, like Girls und Panzer was K-On! with tanks. A solid and nice addition to the cute girls slice of life genre if perhaps not entirely original, specially if you take the look of the manga covers:

However, it's not remotely on the same level of quality as K-On! That show had an exceptional level of direction and art (just take a look at Digibro's video on K-On! The Ultimate adaptation.

Aldnoah Zero (2014-2015)

A mecha anime I watched a while ago. It stood out to me as something quite different from other mecha shows, although the Gundam influence was obvious, and they borrowed somewhat on the plot device of spacenoids declaring war on Earth and invading. The animation and artwork were top notch, although nothing mind-blowing. It's a single season from start to finish consisting of 12 episodes. The people of Mars have superior technology to the people of Earth, who they refer to as Terrans. One Terran lives among the Martians, Slaine, and is a close friend of the princess of Mars. When the princess is killed during her visit to try and establish peaceful relations, the Martians declare war and invade. Meanwhile on Earth, a highschool student named Inaho and his friends get caught up with a group of military personnel after their hometown is evacuated, and Inaho turns out to be a very gifted pilot. I thought the characters had well developed personalities, though there was quite a bit of naivete, and the plot was plentiful with twists and intrigue. The CGI blends well with the drawn artwork and doesn't look out of place. It seems to me that they used quite a lot of computer techniques in the visuals.

I also finished Saga of Tanya the Evil and I'll probably write up a short review of it at some point. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for season 2.
Oh yeah that show was really good. It's like the serious "war moe" stuff although the only moe thing is the visual of the main character (whose personality is of a 40 year old man ).

I think that the quality of anime today has been consistently superior to manga although that's because a lot of trashy manga never gets adapted into animation and another problem I have with manga is that it's hard to know whats the good stuff when western manga criticism is so scant. While anime criticism today is quite well developed in the west.

everyone know that, no japanese talk the way they do in anime
That's a completely invalid generalization, super realistic anime like Re-Life, Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart, for instance, reproduce the way Japanese people talk.

Stuff like K-On! has obviously super exaggerated cuteness dialogue but does indeed represent in an super-exaggerated way the way high school girls talk when they want to talk in a cute way.

Overall, there is a lot of variance in anime like there is a lot of variance in live action film. But it's true Japanese fiction tends to be more dramatic and theatrical than Western fiction (in Kurosawa's film Rashomon the way the actors portray the characters is super exaggerated as well).

Anyway, we cannot say anything about "anime" in general because Japan's animation output is 2/3 of the world's and is by far the most heterogeneous animation in the world. So, despite having some patterns (such as the massive influence of shoujo manga aesthetics), it's hard to make any generalizations regarding anime (which is a mistake many anime fans themselves make).

Oh yeah that show was really good. It's like the serious "war moe" stuff although the only moe thing is the visual of the main character (whose personality is of a 40 year old man ).
You're forgetting about this character:

Garden of Worlds (2013)

I didn't get around to watching this for a very long time because the only thing I ever heard about it was that it was very detailed and well drawn. It just wasn't enough to reel me in. It was enough to put it on my to-watch list, but not enough to quite get me to put it on top and watch it. One of my friends told me a little about the premise, the romantic attraction between a high-school student and a teacher with the barrier of their age gap. Suddenly I wanted to watch it desperately, and so I just finished it. I'm really glad I finally watched it. It's very atmospheric and slow paced (or has an ejaculated pace if you compare it with Attack on Titan). But I must say that I actually shed a few tears when the plot reached it's apex. I did find the ending a little unsatisfying. But I appreciate the writer's approach to the story. This short film, 46 minutes long, is a must see.

Well obviously we disagree.
obviously

I think you don't know what you're talking about
well, I thought opposite

and I don't think you've watched as much anime as me.
lol, wtf is that xD , so in this case you already seen "thousands" anime then, but why that quantity seems not correlated with quality of your opinion?
In the end I'm not some random guy that'd seen couple mainstream like OP or naruto , so to be clear, if you thought that quantity have something to do with legitimacy of opinion.. Well No I am not what u thought
https://myanimelist.net/profile/karambia

You certainly haven't reviewed as much,
lol, yeah, I don't like articulate my thought into paragraph that;s for sure.

and I don't know if you watch good anime or just mainstream crap, but so far I haven't seen you talk about much good anime. I consider Attack on Titan utter trash. Kabaneri is at least decent, though it's not an artistic masterpiece like Angel's Egg or anything
I don't consider angel's egg masterpiece, personally. but surely something pinnacle and essential like that can't be compared to forgettable stuff like kabaneri (imo)

In the meantime I'm watching Mob Psycho 100.
I wonder with ur opinion next if I said I like mob psycho

why that quantity seems not correlated with quality of your opinion?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

In the end I'm not some random guy that'd seen couple mainstream like OP or naruto , so to be clear, if you thought that quantity have something to do with legitimacy of opinion.. Well No I am not what u thought
https://myanimelist.net/profile/karambia
That is exactly the kind of anime watcher I expected you were. I never figured you for someone who had only seen a couple mainstream shows like Naruto. But it's no surprise that you actually watched Duel Masters, lol.

I don't consider angel's egg masterpiece, personally. but surely something pinnacle and essential like that...
Okay, you don't consider it a masterpiece, but you do consider it "pinnacle and essential." Then why can't you see my point?

I wonder with ur opinion next if I said I like mob psycho
Why do you think that might change anything?

That's a completely invalid generalization, super realistic anime like Re-Life, Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart, for instance, reproduce the way Japanese people talk.
you did take that literally, but well, in context, how percent shows you'd seen/found have something relied on realism in comparison with things that is not?
Even for thing "suppa realistic" like omoide poroporo, something that I called a "close one" for real life representation(but also a glimpse one), I can't guarantee all of it depict the correct way 100 percent close to how real life japanese behave and talk, thing like the logic and nature of conversation, the dialect, the punctuation, or in simply said how organic was the dialog itself? Can you assure it?

Stuff like K-On! has obviously super exaggerated cuteness dialogue but does indeed represent in an super-exaggerated way the way high school girls talk when they want to talk in a cute way.
that's completely invalid generalization too about high school girl.

Overall, there is a lot of variance in anime like there is a lot of variance in live action film. But it's true Japanese fiction tends to be more dramatic and theatrical than Western fiction (in Kurosawa's film Rashomon the way the actors portray the characters is super exaggerated as well).
apparently

Anyway, we cannot say anything about "anime" in general because Japan's animation output is 2/3 of the world's and is by far the most heterogeneous animation in the world. So, despite having some patterns (such as the massive influenced of shoujo manga aesthetics), it's hard to make any generalizations regarding anime (which is a mistake many anime fans themselves make).
nah, it's depend. you can generalize it on context like what the trend and tendency of it - as I don't think it was so hard to spot lack of proper and organic conversation just from experience from the nature of dub itself, it's just like everywhere -

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
okay, I try articulate it more : if you really had seen that much anime (thousands) I don't see so much different with other ppl's opinion that'd seen much less stuff, per se

That is exactly the kind of anime watcher I expected you were. I never figured you for someone who had only seen a couple mainstream shows like Naruto. But it's no surprise that you actually watched Duel Masters, lol.
yup, that one is my childhood gem

Okay, you don't consider it a masterpiece, but you do consider it "pinnacle and essential." Then why can't you see my point?
what point?

Why do you think that might change anything?
lol, I'm just teasing you if you were not the same dude that'll get a grudge with someone that have different opinion with his

Sounds like a nice place and moment to comment the animation I've been watching in 2017. So I will start with my very first viewings of the year and one of my fondest discoveries.

Birdboy (Pedro Rivero & Alberto Vázquez, 2010)

A short film with bleak aesthetics and a depressing setting that adapts the same comic as the full-length film Psiconautas by the same authors, which I haven't watched but I assume it will be way better because this one finds its major issues on the feeling that it's an abridged version of a much larger story, lacking context and immersion. Still, it is really interesting and manages to transmit a feel of uneasiness that can be quite intense. I haven't watched much animation from my own country but the style of storytelling and artwork of Alberto Vázquez immediately stood out as something with a lot of potential. Which was further confirmed by my other two viewings.

Unicorn blood - Sangre de unicornio (Alberto Vázquez, 2013)

Okay, so here we have an edgy retelling of typical child-oriented elements, like unicorns and teddy bears. Lots of blood, swearing and subversion of tropes. Nothing that stands out on paper. So how does it work? Well, from the setting and atmosphere being portrayed as delightfully disturbing and sinister to the voiceover narration making the whole thing look like an ancient devil invocation, this short makes a lot of right aesthetic choices that capture a mood one can only describe as satanic. Add some of the most legitimately evil dialogues I have heard in a long while and you have an outstanding work of pure edginess and perversion.

Decorado (Alberto Vázquez, 2016)

The aesthetics keep being impressive and this time they are reasonably detailed but equally dark and distressing, to recreate something that is half dystopy half nightmare. In terms of narration this is by far the most complex with an intricate storytelling following a fragmented and non-linear development. What it tells could be summed up as a satire about existence, and our meaning and purpose in life, the superficiality of our society and forms of communication. But far from being preachy, it is absurd and ironic, filled with black comedy and references to modern trends. It is a work that can be enjoyed in various levels, that leaves a lasting aftertaste, and that, if the previous two weren't enough, sold the author to me, definitely and absolutely.

One Piece Film: Gold (Hiroaki Miyamoto, 2016)

Well, the highly anticipated One Piece movie that had the potential to be the next Strong World or Z was, indeed, better than expected. Note that I'm not specially fond of the former, specially Z. This one does not fix all the flaws of the former completely, of course. The villain keeps making lots of convenient decisions, the drawings are irregular with wonderful backgrounds and sometimes way too sketchy or deformed character designs, the climax is overdone and cheesy, and of course there's a lot of moments that wouldn't be less subtle if they had a voiceover narration shouting "BUY THIS!! BUY THIS!!" to the audience. But on the other hand this one actually managed to offer a narrative that at times is truly absorbing. It fixes the main issue I had with Strong World and Z (over-dependence on the Monster Trio) and highlights the role of the rest of the Straw Hats, giving them a main role in the fights and the development of the story. Another good thing it does is keeping always something to itself, which makes things more interesting in contrast with the often too straightforward narration of the One Piece movies.

This one was the first One Piece movie to ever be shown in theaters here and it was very curious to read the professional reviews on it from people who clearly hadn't experienced the style of the series. The talk about zany and overacted animation was interesting because I have become so used to this that I didn't notice how out of the norm its style actually is and how crazy and creative it may look for newcomers. I'm somewhat glad that it earned positive reactions and it finally cleared the pathway for the arrival of the rest of the movies, in domestic format but hey, it's something.

As always with these kinds of movies I can't blindly recommend this to anybody, and like any other film in the franchise it has its fair share of flaws and inconsistencies, but still, it's a great ride and a lot of fun that I'm sure fans can always appreciate.

you did take that literally, but well, in context, how percent shows you'd seen/found have something relied on realism in comparison with things that is not?
Even for thing "suppa realistic" like omoide poroporo, something that I called a "close one" for real life representation(but also a glimpse one), I can't guarantee all of it depict the correct way 100 percent close to how real life japanese behave and talk, thing like the logic and nature of conversation, the dialect, the punctuation, or in simply said how organic was the dialog itself? Can you assure it?
The same lack of adherence to reality applies to American movies and TV shows (or stuff from any country): they also don't speak exactly the same English as spoken by people on the streets. Yet, people never talk about that.

While it's obvious that the degree of realism in Only Yesterday is much higher than 99.9% of movies made in the world, therefore the director obviously wouldn't try to make the language spoken in the movie to differ from the actual language people speak. Why would he?

It's true that in some cases anime goes further into stylization of voice acting than the animation and film of any other country as the Japanese have developed the art of voice acting to a much higher degree and so have levels of aggression or cuteness that you will never see in daily conversation (or in the voice acting of any other country). It's similar to their higher development of the artforms of comics and animation overall since it attains many forms of expression you will never see outside of Japan in any artistic medium.

But that's kinda obvious that characters from a show like Bakuon will never reflect reality (I mean, it's about little schoolgirls riding super large and expensive motocycles) and so are a purely artistic endeavour. It's like the vocals in death metal: which express aggression that reflects the expressive objective of what they are trying to accomplish. In the same way the voice acting in Only Yesterday is realistic because the movie is realistic whole the voice acting in K-On! is extremely cute because the show aims for that effect. So, it depends.

nah, it's depend. you can generalize it on context like what the trend and tendency of it
Anime and manga is too large a world to have a single trend. The type of stuff I watch and read is very different from the type of stuff other fans watch and read. It's like saying "European music is like X", as if European music was a single homogeneous thing. Like European music, Japanese animation and comics is a big world and so one cannot really make any generalizations about it, even though many fans do.

Well, that's called ignorance and also the fact fans usually associate the type of anime they are interested in with the whole medium or the fact people have the tendency to stereotype, since it's easier to stereotype than to actually see the reality and think with their own heads. When people say "anime is X" they always and everywhere are talking about the very specific subset of anime they know, but even fans who know a lot of shows tend to stereotype, well, it appears to be human nature to stereotype foreign cultures: it's a way to fake understanding, instead of actually perceiving that they do not know.

101) Saga of Tanya the Evil (2017)

I believe this kind of show might be a good representative of the particularities of otaku subculture. It's one of those series adapted not from manga which is consolidated as a mainstream entertainment medium but adapted from light novels (called "ranobe" in Japanese) which are a by-product of otaku subculture. And one of exceptional quality in that (it's in my opinion one of the best light novel adaptations I know, as usually light novel adaptations are inferior to manga or (normal) novel adaptations).

Now that's an interesting plot: in 2013 a 30 year old atheist Japanese salary man is killed in a train station by god who is trying to make him believe in him. To bake his soul into a believer god reincarnates the soul as a girl living in Germany before WW1 (here the dates are moved about decade later from the historical dates to justify the use of more advanced technology, and the names are changed, Germany = Empire, France = Republic, etc), in a much harsher world than in a 21st century country. Interestingly, the soul still retains its previous memories so Tanya remembers her previous life and as a little child already acts as an adult. Giving a certain justification for the habit common in anime since the early days of Miyazaki in the 1970's of putting children in adult situations. In this case, Tanya become a military officer at the age of 10.

Also, since this is an otaku product it also contains a heavy dose of fantastical elements, so the military discovers Tanya has talent for magic and in this case magic means being deployed in the flying mage squadrons in the military. Interestingly, the French flying mages ride things resembling horses. Anyway, to make Tanya into a believer god endows her with a special extremely destructive spell but also forces her to enunciate her faith in god every time she user her special spell, forcing her to pray against her will given that she is an atheist if she wants to survive the war:

Anyway, the show also features the first serious depiction of lolis in warfare. Before we had military moe of the style of Girls und Panzer, High School Fleet and Strike Witches which were comedy series that made fun of their own absurdity (look at how cute it is that bunch of little girls trying to run a battleship or a tank battalion). Here the cute characters are also extremely serious, aggressive and cruel:

The series also features excellent art and animation and I loved the look of the battlefields.

Interestingly, despite Hollywood's obsession with WW2, WW1 was in fact a perhaps better example of the destructive effects of warfare since it involved a larger number of countries suffering the full effects of large scale warfare (in WW2's most of the actual combat involved only 2 countries: Germany and USSR). So when one wants to do a more serious war movie they usually do a movie about WW1 (like Paths of Glory, All Quiet in the Western Front,etc). This is the animated version of such serious WW1 movies but combined with lolis and magic but still taking itself very seriously. It also reminds me of the psychiatrist Tamaki Saito's book on the common use of beautiful fighting little girls in anime (he attributes it to the anchoring effects of little girls on anime on the human psyche by their capacity to produce a "reality" alternate from the daily reality).

Also, they modified the history a little bit allowing Germany to fight only half of the countries they fought at once: in WW1, Germany was at a point fighting simultaneously France, UK, Russia, Italy and the US. Here this doesn't happen in the plot
WARNING: "events of the plot" spoilers below
as France surrenders before Russian enters in the war, which was partly caused by Tanya's brilliant strategy
, which makes it more interesting as Germany is given a fighting chance in WW1 which it never had historically (being suffocated by the commercial blockade while being at war with the entire rest of the world simultaneously). Also, this show among others shows the Japanese Wehrmacht fetish (such as the ending I posted in the beginning of this review).

I would give this show a very high ratings, it keept me interested all the way (even though the Japanese emo band hair style of a couple of officers made me cringe, while lolis don't make me suspend disbelief some weird hair styles do (which are inconsistent with the show's tone) look at this:

what an awfully unrealistic hair!).

Also, for curiosity the voice actress who performed as Tanya also did Madoka.

okay, I try articulate it more : if you really had seen that much anime (thousands) I don't see so much different with other ppl's opinion that'd seen much less stuff, per se
I guess I need to take a step back. I was being arrogant. Let me try to be more honest now. I think I have seen maybe around 700 anime. I'm not sure because I don't keep track, but I also spend a lot of time making myself aware of what's out there, and I'm selective with what I watch. I'm guessing you binge quite a fair amount of mainstream series though, judging from your myanimelist and the way you talk. I try to watch more important works and things by the great directors. I also look for obscure gems. I really can't stand stuff like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, DBZ, Digimon, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Gurren Lagan, and all that stuff. I just consider it mainstream garbage. It's uninspired, talentless, mediocre. Now, for someone like you who does enjoy that stuff, I think I can understand why you like Attack on Titan and call Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress mediocre, and criticise it's pace for being too fast. Because you're used to watching material that dumbs down it's audience, you probably don't even notice half of things wrong with most of those shows. And they are long shows with slow pacing and lots of dreary filler, which you probably don't mind or actually enjoy. So you wouldn't think anything special of a work that actually uses proper pacing techniques, because you don't even notice that stuff. And of course I wouldn't then expect a person like you, who doesn't consider Angel's Egg, one of the only true Arthouse Animes that exists outside of short films, a masterpiece, to understand.

How much a person watches really doesn't matter, but it does account for experience. However, what you watch is much more important than how much you watch. Even though Guap watches a lot of slice of life, cute girls doing cute things, and mediocre mainstream anime, he also knows about the great works and has seen many of them. He is able to identify their flaws and merits, and doesn't merely praise them because he likes them or criticise them if he doesn't like them. He's able to identify their merits and flaws separately from his personal taste. And that is not something that what you watch and how much you watch can give you. That is something you have to realise about life. I can do it, and Guap can do it, and that is why I like talking with Guap about movies. But you can't do it. You don't do it with anime, you don't do it with music, it is just something you have not yet learned about life. It's something most people don't understand. Most people here who are 40 and watched over 10,000 movies don't even do it. Some kids who are 16 and have watched only a few hundred movies can do it. You have to learn that. Then you'll be able to understand why Angel's Egg is a masterpiece, because something like that has nothing to do with your opinions, and nothing to do with whether you like it or not, it has everything to do with art, which every media of "entertainment" is.