The Election News and Predictions Thread

Tools    

I know about Jefferson and Sally Hemings, but his wife was dead by that time - don't know if he committed adultery beyond that.

FDR was married to his own cousin! White House incest. Yet people still want to deny the same marriage rights to related couples that everyone else has!

im not talking about cheating though,im talking about sexual assaults.major difference
and theres not few of them
im talking about someone who rates someone on their looks
im talking about someone who describes a troubled teen as probably great in bed on a radioshow
im talking about a person who cant talk better for himself than "blood coming out of her wherever" when hes in a debate

genuinely if people defend that then im disgusted

I know about Jefferson and Sally Hemings, but his wife was dead by that time - don't know if he committed adultery beyond that.

FDR was married to his own cousin! White House incest. Yet people still want to deny the same marriage rights to related couples that everyone else ha
s!
its still legal in most countries to marry your cousin though isnt it?

I'm with you Topsy. No doubt more harassment charges will come out in the future against Trump and some will go to court. It could be his downfall.
over 11 women came forward while he was campaigning,if they didnt care then i doubt they`ll care in the future.sadly

They would have to file charges in court and have a hearing and then a judge would decide if there was enough evidence to take the case before a jury. I'm just saying this is how the U.S. judicial system works, I'm not defending Trump, please don't think that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm trying to comment on multiple posts here.

There were indeed protests against Obama, which were more racially targeted. I specifically remember seeing a protester holding a sign reading "Hang in there Obama" with a noose on the poster. Disgusting. My whole point was that the anti trump protests are on a massive scale. Why? Because the man is a hypocrite and promotes hate and divide, over unity and love. Don't deny this.

There are a lot of people arguing over the question of "Is Donal Trump racist?" Does it matter? He uses racism as a tactic to earn the vote of those people, which is dangerous because it gives the message that it is perfectly okay. What makes me scared...is that there are A LOT of people out there that voted for him based on this message. People are genuinely afraid of what America will be in the next 4 years. Again, whether or not he is racists doesn't change the fact that he is perceived that way. How many people from other countries are now not going to bother going to America? How many students, people training to become doctors, lawyers, whatever, will feel unwelcome or simply afraid. America is going to be perceived as a country that does not want outsiders and it will hurt it in the next decade.

Am I scared of Trump? Sure, even as a Canadian I'm scared. But I'm more scared of the people that surround him. Trump doesn't know what to do and the people around him will take advantage of that. People like the VP, Mike Pence. Here is a man who believes in conversion therapy and supports a bill that allows business to discriminate against the LGBT community.

When Trump was asked, would he appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage, his response : “I would strongly consider that, yes.” What??? For a man who has gone on record as saying he does support gays....this seems a tad hypocritical. So who knows what he really thinks, but all the signs point to....well, not very good.

But hey, let's forget about the LGBT community for a second, because that might not affect everyone. But what will? Maybe the EPA? Who has Trump put to spear head that? Myron Ebell, a climate-change denier. Good God.

Who's next Sarah Palin???? Oh wait.....

People out there saying that voting doesn't matter? I think this election proves that it does.

Suspect's Reviews

over 11 women came forward while he was campaigning,if they didnt care then i doubt they`ll care in the future.sadly
There's probably some truth to it, and there's probably some lies. He was already a huge public figure, so the timing of these women coming out stinks all to hell.

But seriously, rating women on their looks? What guy hasn't done that at some point?

Remember that Trump was in the entertainment business, and sex is in pretty much every artistic medium. You don't think your idols Britney and Shakira use sex? Was there anything wrong with Megyn Kelly talking about her breasts' nicknames and her sex life on the Howard Stern Show?

If Clinton won, would you be saying the same about her husband, who would have had a role In the economy?

There's probably some truth to it, and there's probably some lies. He was already a huge public figure, so the timing of these women coming out stinks all to hell.
Not really. A persons influence/power increasing makes more sense for someone to come forward than if they were already spiraling, if someone abused me and i saw him/her promoted to higher positions of power making it easier for them to cover up the abuse i know they are capable of i think that would probably make me feel i should come forward more than me seeing them being indicted for unrelated charges.

Don't think there's much to the Trump sexual abuse accusations but yeah that doesn't make sense at all.

I'm with you Topsy. No doubt more harassment charges will come out in the future against Trump and some will go to court. It could be his downfall.
Oh-em-gee you're right, I found the next one!

Not really. A persons influence/power increasing makes more sense for someone to come forward than if they were already spiraling, if someone abused me and i saw him/her promoted to higher positions of power making it easier for them to cover up the abuse i know they are capable of i think that would probably make me feel i should come forward more than me seeing them being indicted for unrelated charges.

Don't think there's much to the Trump sexual abuse accusations but yeah that doesn't make sense at all.
You don't think the Clinton campaign team had anything to do with it? The same team that sent troublemakers to Trump rallies? If it's possible that these troublemakers were paid, is it possible those women were also paid?

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
That's exactly why I'd be terrified of him as well Suspect, he's placing his trust in people like Pence, who, like you said, regards the LGBT community (amongst others) with extreme contempt. I'm gay myself (shock) and I'd be petrified right now, I wouldn't go protesting about it, but I can understand why people are when Trump places his trust in the likes of Pence and Palin, who hardly advocate tolerance and acceptance.

You don't think the Clinton campaign team had anything to do with it? The same team that sent troublemakers to Trump rallies? If it's possible that these troublemakers were paid, is it possible those women were also paid?
The hell are you talking about? I wasn't commenting on the validity of the accusations but your characterization of them as obviously suspect. The "they must be lying because they've just came out years later against a well known figure" defence has been shot to pieces with people like Bill Cosby and Jimmy Saville so please don't attempt to use it.

That's all i'm saying and i made that clear by saying i don't think there's much to the accusations.

The hell are you talking about? I wasn't commenting on the validity of the accusations but your characterization of them as obviously suspect. The "they must be lying because they've just came out years later against a well known figure" excuse has been shot to pieces with people like Bill Cosby and Jimmy Saville so please don't attempt to use it.

That's all i'm saying and i made that clear by saying i don't think there's much to the accusations.
I'm not saying there can't be zero truth to the accusations, but I do believe the timing coincides with another party's desire to make him look bad.

I'm not saying there can't be zero truth to the accusations, but I do believe the timing coincides with another party's desire to make him look bad.
Well rape accusations are always going to make you look bad. My point is you could be calling sexual abuse victims liars and too many people are quick to jump on them than vice-versa which makes it depressingly understandable how many sexual assaults go unreported each year. Maybe they are lying but i find it equally likely that they felt they had to come forward before he became even more powerful.

Well rape accusations are always going to make you look bad. My point is you could be calling sexual abuse victims liars and too many people are quick to jump on them than vice-versa which makes it depressingly understandable how many sexual assaults go unreported each year. Maybe they are lying but i find it equally likely that they felt they had to come forward before he became even more powerful.
I would not have any guess as to the truthfulness of their claims. I just don't think it would have happened the same way had it not been for the Clinton campaign team. I believe they had something to do with it.

So? I don't see the point. How much truth does there need to be? If there is any truth to any accusation of sexual assault should they be allow to fondle to nuke codes? If there is any truth to walking into womens change rooms when underage women are getting dressed, should they be allowed to lead the country? Insulting women, Mexicans, Muslims, build a wall that'll cost probably 20 billion dollars, tear up trade agreements, scrap Obamacare that covered an extra 20 million Americans, etc, etc, etc, etc

Well I guess so since it's all old news and still 50 million American's went he's the man. He is the one we want as a world leader, representing America and welding power that affects the world. He may not of got the most votes but he still got plenty. So plenty want him there or don't care that he is.