Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tools    

Going to see this tomorrow or Wednesday, can't wait! Kate Mckinnon is apparently the best thing about it, fabulous.
We all hope you have a miserable time.

I've yet to read a good review.

Horrifying mess, a shadow of the original, a movie needs life before it can have ghosts... and Roeper said it's a horror movie, but the word "horror" doesn't mean scary.

3.6 out of 10 on IMDb.

Also, anyone notice that it was released on a Monday?

Every mainstream big budget movie is released on a Thursday or Friday, so why has this been done on a Monday?

My mate went to see it yesterday... he won the tickets in a competition.

You know, there's been a few of those promotions going around recently. I think the studio is trying to get people to go for free, and get people to go along with them who have to buy a ticket.
The studio is actually trying to dupe people into getting tickets.

My mate said, after watching the movie, not to go see it.
He said if he had bought the ticket, he'd have been pissed.

Horrifying mess, a shadow of the original, a movie needs life before it can have ghosts... and Roeper said it's a horror movie, but the word "horror" doesn't mean scary.

3.6 out of 10 on IMDb.
Seems to be getting decent reviews actually, 76% on Rotten Tomatoes so far. Not saying that means anything but it does show it hasn't been panned. Here's a positive review, 4 stars actually - http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7130641.html

I wouldn't be surprised if it's IMDB score was at least partially effected by pissed people giving it low scores without having seen it.

Welcome to the human race...
76% "fresh" on RottenTomatoes from 72 reviews (as of writing), so that's 54 positive reviews against 18 negative ones. You can start there.

Tell that to the dudes who claim that the original Ghostbusters was actually a straight sci-fi/horror with comedic elements instead of an actual comedy.

3.6 out of 10 on IMDb.
This is the same IMDb that calls The Dark Knight the fourth-best film of all-time, plus the fact that half of the votes are 1s only lends credence to the theory that it's the same guys who turned the trailer into the most downvoted video in YouTube history.

Also, anyone notice that it was released on a Monday?

Every mainstream big budget movie is released on a Thursday or Friday, so why has this been done on a Monday?
Speak for yourself. If the release dates on IMDb are any indication, only the UK and Ireland get a release on July 11, while everywhere else is getting it on July 14/15. We can't all be as fortunate as you.

Have you guys heard this sh*t?

This is the official version they're using for the movie.

If you are going to take the logo, why would you not at least keep the iconic theme song, sure jazz it up but don't kill it and play with the corpse. Even the last few notes sound like the song is glad it is over.

Indeed, plenty of good reviews out there. Rodent, you either haven't looked very hard or fibbing because you don't like the fact that there are decent and good reviews out.

Went to see it today and apart from a few bits of toilet humour that doesn't do anything for me I absolutely loved this and had a smile on my face throughout, lots and lots of fun.

It was nice to see the two things I was not looking forwards to that might have spoilt the film for me didn't occur - Leslie Jone's character Patty and her over the top shouty character(see the trailer with the slapping scene) turned out not to be so over the top and I actually loved her character - she may not be a scientist but she's intelligent and a New York 'history buff'. Also the second thing was a rumoured finale dance sequence, nah, didn't appear in the actual film itself.

Lovedddddddddddddddd it.

Also the second thing was a rumoured finale dance sequence, nah, didn't appear in the actual film itself.
I actually think it should have been in the actual film. It looks weird when the army soldiers are stuck in the dance positions despite having not seen the dance sequence until the credits.

I actually think it should have been in the actual film. It looks weird when the army soldiers are stuck in the dance positions despite having not seen the dance sequence until the credits.

Well, the score is slowly dropping on Meta, RT and IMDb... and the Sony have been told that a China release is not happening.

China has a strict censorship on movies that have ghosts in them, and if they have the word "Ghost" in the title. Also, after the last big budget Hollywood, Force Awakens, didn't do well over there, the Chinese Government have basically banned Ghostbusters.

Well, the score is slowly dropping on Meta, RT and IMDb... and the Sony have been told that a China release is not happening.
The score is still 74% and it is certified fresh by Rotten Tomatoes so there is no way it will enter the rotten category now.