Hombre The Gorilla Killed AT Cincy Zoo.

Tools    

No youre showing the dimmest perspective and seem to be proud of it. So the perfect response isnt to be infurated by things and it continue on like it has because...people die everyday? Give me a break.
There's a reaction and then there's an overreaction.

You know what I just realized...the boy is going to be called Gorilla Killer for the rest of his life....I'm sure some could make a funny about that, but me....I feel sorry for the boy as he's the other victim...the other being the Gorilla.
This'll all be forgotten about by next month.
What gorilla? Have you heard about The Emoji Movie!?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
That gorilla exhibit has been there since 1978 with no other incidents, so obviously the enclosure was good enough for almost 40 years.

Witnesses said the child told his mother SEVERAL TIMES that he was going to try to go into the exhibit and play with the gorilla, so at what point is it the mother's fault? Shouldn't she have been holding the child's hand if he was trying to climb into the exhibit?

Was there a school shooting? I blame the parents
Seriously -- parents of school shooters don't go to jail, do they? But some of you want Gorilla Kid's parents to die from lethal injection.

Just putting things into perspective, folks.
Perspective is always a matter of... um... perspective.

You can always claim that people should not focus on a particular point of interest when there are so much more important, wide-spread or all encompassing things going on.
The problem is you can provide that kind of perspective to almost anything (and therefore, it could be claimed that no one should ever focus on or discuss anything except the most important, all encompassing things, but they shouldn't discuss those because there will always be something MORE important or all encompassing).

Shoot, even that Aurora movie theater killer - from back in 2012, the Dark Knight Rises shooter - he didn't get the death penalty.

But the Gorilla Kid and his parents deserve to die?

Perspective is always a matter of... um... perspective.

You can always claim that people should not focus on a particular point of interest when there are so much more important, wide-spread or all encompassing things going on.
The problem is you can provide that kind of perspective to almost anything (and therefore, it could be claimed that no one should ever focus on or discuss anything except the most important, all encompassing things, but they shouldn't discuss those because there will always be something MORE important or all encompassing).
What can we do to remedy this? The universe is huge, there is no real truth, let's watch some movies.

To push the subject into bordering territories - has anyone seen the stories of how the Black Lives Matter movement is saying that shooting the gorilla was an example of "white privilege"?
Seriously, someone in the group said that if the child had been black, they would not have shot the gorilla; the zookeepers would have only tried tranquilizers because a black child's life wouldn't have been worth as much (... only problem is... the child was black)!

Look it up!

What can we do to remedy this? The universe is huge, there is no real truth, let's watch some movies.
People are dying everyday, Banality... and you want to go watch some movies?
(See what I mean?)

Shoot, even that Aurora movie theater killer - from back in 2012, the Dark Knight Rises shooter - he didn't get the death penalty.

But the Gorilla Kid and his parents deserve to die?

James Holmes (the Aurora movie theater killer) deserved the death penalty, but Colorado doesn't use it anymore. He was sentenced to 12 consecutive life sentences plus 3,318 years without parole.

The mother of the child should be held responsible for what happened, but death is a bit of an extreme penalty. (As far as I know, the father was not at the zoo when it happened.)

That gorilla exhibit has been there since 1978 with no other incidents, so obviously the enclosure was good enough for almost 40 years.
So if this happened in 1979 it would be different? What's your point?

I KNOW you would not be praising that zoo if you happened to be the mother of that Gorilla Kid.

You call the cops on a restaurant if your hamburger comes with onions on it. If your kid fell into a gorilla enclosure... Jesus himself could return to Earth to solve the mess, and you still would not be satisfied. Of course, you are Jewish.

Scott Bakula could Quantum Leap into that gorilla and walk up and hand your child back to you... you'd still be so mad you'd call North Korea and ask for their intimidation against that zoo.

Sounds like the point is there are some details we don't know about yet.
Was something left open? Was that 4-year-old able to find some never before discovered weak-link? Seems odd that after 40 years of no one getting in, a toddler is the first to breach the security.

If this happened in 1979, then the enclosure could be considered inadequate, but since there have been no incidents in almost 40 years, and the zoo followed all the regulations, it obviously did it's job all these years and kept the animals in, and the people out.

Maybe the child's mother should have been paying more attention to a young child who obviously didn't understand the danger AND expressed a desire to go into the enclosure where the dangerous animals were.

My point is to put the blame where it belongs. The zoo workers had no choice but to kill the gorilla to save the child. The child didn't know any better, but the mother should have.

I KNOW you would not be praising that zoo if you happened to be the mother of that Gorilla Kid.

You call the cops on a restaurant if your hamburger comes with onions on it. If your kid fell into a gorilla enclosure... Jesus himself could return to Earth to solve the mess, and you still would not be satisfied. Of course, you are Jewish.

Scott Bakula could Quantum Leap into that gorilla and walk up and hand your child back to you... you'd still be so mad you'd call North Korea and ask for their intimidation against that zoo.

Man! I am not up on the past relationship inside jokes on this board!

I'm not praising the zoo. I'm just saying that the mother is more responsible than the zoo.

I don't have any kids, but if I did, I'm sure that I would pay more attention to them if they were trying to get into the gorilla exhibit at the zoo.

Originally Posted by gbgoodies
James Holmes (the Aurora movie theater killer) deserved the death penalty, but Colorado doesn't use it anymore. He was sentenced to 12 consecutive life sentences plus 3,318 years without parole.
James Holmes could have had the death penalty.

What happened was one STUPID juror was firmly against the death penalty and would not budge. So they had to sentence him to life in prison instead of death.