Hombre The Gorilla Killed AT Cincy Zoo.

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

That's the barrier.
If thats the fence then the Zoo is responsible, thats ridiculous!

According to several articles I read, the child climbed over a 3-foot high fence, through some thick shrubbery, and fell down a 15-foot embankment.

Several witnesses have come forward to say that the child told his mother "several times" that he wanted to go "play with the animal", but she just kept telling him "No".

The zoo was asking for something to happen with that kind of setup.

My question still stands, as I didn't see anyone address it, what were the other onlookers doing as the kid was climbing towards the gorilla pit? Surely some people seen the kid and knew it was a dangerous thing for him to do. Has anybody heard any reports about that?
These are good questions - hopefully a full investigation will take place (but I used to work in the Safety industry and sometimes investigations start out full bore until people start to forget about the incident and / or the discoveries about the details start to point in uncomfortable directions... like some of the accountability starts to point back to the guy who was banging his fist on the desk a week earlier demanding a full investigation.)

Also, look at the height in the video between the level where the guy is filming and where the gorilla is. In addition to how did the kid get IN there, how did he get DOWN there?
Are there different levels that the kid could access? Did he climb down? Did he repel? Did he fall? (If he fell, it's amazing he wasn't seriously injured from such a fall.)

Harambe

Ive seen a bunch of pictures already of this gorilla, and didnt know this was the one that this happened to. I used alot of his photos in the Survivor game.

Straight up, they need to shut this zoo down. That lowassed fence, and them not even acknowledging that. They need to be shut down.

I don't buy the "lowassed" fence photo.
The photo may be authentic and it may be part of the area at that zoo, but how is that supposed to keep gorillas in?
And if the answer is, "the gorillas are at the bottom of a 15 foot deep embankment" ... gorillas can climb. Climbing is one of their main abilities. And "shrubbery?" - gorillas eat shrubbery for breakfast (literally).
So I'm not buying that the only thing between gorillas and the public is a ravine, some shrubs and a rail the height of a guy's groin. If that was the case, there'd be gorillas running around all over the zoo everyday.

Ive seen a bunch of pictures already of this gorilla, and didnt know this was the one that this happened to. I used alot of his photos in the Survivor game.
Seriously? Then I might have made love to Harambe as Peg Bundy.

TONGO, do you have some sort of affinity for gorillas? Like, are they your spirit animal or something?

You know people have been hunting gorillas for a century, plus, I mean, this is just one gorilla that was shot, I'd do that on a dare. People are only upset because it's news.

You know people have been hunting gorillas for a century, plus, I mean, this is just one gorilla that was shot, I'd do that on a dare. People are only upset because it's news.
People might as well put up their Christmas decorations when there's bad news. It's a celebration of the ugly kind.

That probably has something to do with why they're endangered.

I understand your point about media, but I think most people who hear about it find it a bit upsetting on principle - that the animal (which in this case is an endangered species primate - a great ape - a cousin to man and thought to be one of the most intelligent creatures on earth) was killed because he was a victim of circumstance (or possibly negligence). The gorilla wasn't doing anything "wrong," he was just reacting to a unique situation he had no idea how to deal with (in human terms). He didn't deserve to die. That's the upsetting part.

That probably has something to do with why they're endangered.

I understand your point about media, but I think most people who hear about it find it a bit upsetting on principle - that the animal (which in this case is an endangered species primate - a great ape - a cousin to man and thought to be one of the most intelligent creatures on earth) was killed because he was a victim of circumstance (or possibly negligence). The gorilla wasn't doing anything "wrong," he was just reacting to a unique situation he had no idea how to deal with (in human terms). He didn't deserve to die. That's the upsetting part.
People die everyday, Superman.

People die everyday, Superman.
Were upset because we have a deeper understanding than some that think this typical and boring. If thats the extent of your insight, wow gee thanks.

TONGO, do you have some sort of affinity for gorillas? Like, are they your spirit animal or something?
You definitely are in indian mode. Here -

I don't buy the "lowassed" fence photo.
The photo may be authentic and it may be part of the area at that zoo, but how is that supposed to keep gorillas in?
And if the answer is, "the gorillas are at the bottom of a 15 foot deep embankment" ... gorillas can climb. Climbing is one of their main abilities. And "shrubbery?" - gorillas eat shrubbery for breakfast (literally).
So I'm not buying that the only thing between gorillas and the public is a ravine, some shrubs and a rail the height of a guy's groin. If that was the case, there'd be gorillas running around all over the zoo everyday.
I can climb too but climbing is hard if there are no footholds or surfaces to grab onto.

Maybe this photo is more believable?

or this one?

The child fell down and was injured but nothing serious, which can only be put down to luck... or aliens.

Just putting things into perspective, folks.
No youre showing the dimmest perspective and seem to be proud of it. So the perfect response isnt to be infurated by things and it continue on like it has because...people die everyday? Give me a break.

You know what I just realized...the boy is going to be called Gorilla Killer for the rest of his life....I'm sure some could make a funny joke about that....but me, I feel sorry for the boy as he's the other victim...the other being the Gorilla.