Official Public Negative Reputation Tracker

Tools    

i'm starting to realize this thread doesn't need you.
Exactly what I'm talking about

Yet another inane/*itchy/childish remark

you can describe it however you want. it had its intended effect, and that's why it was said.

Semper Fooey
I'm starting to realize that this forum doesn't need neg reps.

Some members have a way of holding grudges for perceived slights; then making inane, *itchy comebacks days, or even weeks, later.
This forum needs neg rep more than ever.

You will realize it someday. You will.

I bet even Yoda misses it.

Nope.

The people who miss neg rep are a vocal minority. If they want it back, they should articulate some practical benefit that will be derived from it. I don't think anyone has yet, for all their protestations.

It seems that talk about negativity just breeds more negativity, instead of positive, creative discussion.

Semper Fooey
Neg rep was a dispenser of truth.

Our forefathers, Alexander Hamilton and Patrick Henry, would have approved and championed it.

Neg rep, as American as Apple Pie.

Semper Fooey
You are confusing personalities clashing and using this thread to hash out old grievances with neg rep.

Neg rep is a tool for good.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
heh

Nope.

The people who miss neg rep are a vocal minority. If they want it back, they should articulate some practical benefit that will be derived from it. I don't think anyone has yet, for all their protestations.

You are confusing personalities clashing and using this thread to hash out old grievances with neg rep.

Isn't it more in keeping with the premise of a discussion forum to explain why you do or don't agree with someone than to just click on a negative (or positive) icon?

Semper Fooey
Look how I used it. There is no point in getting into a long discusiion when someone does that. Neg rep takes care of the situation quickly and efficently and when done properly as was here without any bitter resentment or feuds ensuing.

I like Kirsten Dunst and yet I don't like Kirsten Dunst. I don't like Kirsten Dunst because she has had Jake Gyllenhaal's penis inside of her body.

Look how I used it. There is no point in getting into a long discusiion when someone does that. Neg rep takes care of the situation quickly and efficently and when done properly as was here without any bitter resentment or feuds ensuing.
Except it often did result in bitter resentment. In practice, people did not generally use it the way you're describing. And I'm not sure what's really "taken care of" in this example, anyway. You avoided having a discussion but still registered your disapproval. Awesome?

I'm fine with the no neg rep era personally. If however it comes back, i submit that it be mandatory to leave a post comment as to why the neg was dropped.

People, we are not gonna live forever. We are all gonna die one day. Let's not waste our time worrying about future eras of the return of the negative reputation system.