Lars Von Trier

Tools    

I love Dancer In The Dark and would watch it a zillion times.
Indeed. And as for Mr. Fart's comments, well, I just don't like them at all.

But really, I felt like I knew the character. However, I can understand why others wouldn't. So there.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Indeed. And as for Mr. Fart's comments, well, I just don't like them at all.

But really, I felt like I knew the character. However, I can understand why others wouldn't. So there.
I think I'm just not a big fan of Lars Von Tier. I've seen Antichrist too and the most obscene scenes hadn't had that much of an impact on me.

Dancer in the Dark is one of my all time favourite films, Bjork's performance in it is heartbreaking. I also absolutely adored Melancholia.

I like most of his films but I'm not looking forwards to Nymphomaniac at all, even with Charlotte Gainsbourg in. I really don't want to see Shia Laboffinwoffin apparently having 'real sex' on screen...

He's releasing a new movie this year: Nymphomaniac

Also since my last post I've seen Dancer in The Dark, which is my second favorite from the four I've seen.

Von Trier is one of my favorite working directors, with Breaking the Waves being one of my all time favorite films and Dancer in the Dark not too far behind. Only seen Antichrist once which I liked but didn't love. I felt like Melancholia was a piece of cake for Lars to make, which is incredible considering how so many other directors would have screwed it up. I can't wait for Nymphomaniac. Sounds really intense.