The Baker's Dozen Movie Game Thread

Tools    

13 Movies that have an important or climactic scene that falls short of satisfying (Explain why it fell short to you and Post Scene):

1. Creed II (Rocky comes face to face with Drago after so many years. The emotions were not as high as I expected. I wanted that scene to punch me right in the gut, but it didn't)
2. The Dark Knight Returns ("I came here to stop you" is such a dud of a line)
3. No Country for Old Men (After everything Anton Chigur did in this movie, he gets to just buy a shirt from a kid and walk away? Seriously?)
4. War of the Worlds (2005) (After all the death and destruction in the movie and getting separated from their son and brother during the final act, Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning finally get back home to find the son and the rest of their family perfectly safe)
5. Batman V. Superman (I never liked the film to begin with, but the one scene where Batman and Superman finally have their ultimate showdown, the fight ends just because of the name "Martha". Lame)
6. The Departed (him being shot comes across less like the ultimate punishment and more like him being conveniently put out of his misery, which stands in stark contrast to the same character being left alive to think on his sins in*Infernal Affairs)
7. Problem Child (Two words: Chekhov's prune)
8. Titanic (Not only the fact that Rose easily could have made Jack room on that door but that Rose lied to all those people about that neckace)

13 Movies that have an important or climactic scene that falls short of satisfying (Explain why it fell short to you and Post Scene):

1. Creed II (Rocky comes face to face with Drago after so many years. The emotions were not as high as I expected. I wanted that scene to punch me right in the gut, but it didn't)
3. No Country for Old Men (After everything Anton Chigur did in this movie, he gets to just buy a shirt from a kid and walk away? Seriously?)
4. War of the Worlds (2005) (After all the death and destruction in the movie and getting separated from their son and brother during the final act, Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning finally get back home to find the son and the rest of their family perfectly safe)
5. Batman V. Superman (I never liked the film to begin with, but the one scene where Batman and Superman finally have their ultimate showdown, the fight ends just because of the name "Martha". Lame)
6. The Departed (him being shot comes across less like the ultimate punishment and more like him being conveniently put out of his misery, which stands in stark contrast to the same character being left alive to think on his sins in*Infernal Affairs)
8. Titanic (Not only the fact that Rose easily could have made Jack room on that door but that Rose lied to all those people about that neckace)
9. Sneakers (The climactic action scene was over much too quickly)

10. Frozen 2 (While this could easily apply to the entire movie, the ending was particularly underwhelming)

10. Frozen 2 (While this could easily apply to the entire movie, the ending was particularly underwhelming)
11. 10 Cloverfield Lane (I wish they had left the ending ambiguous)

12. Queen and Slim (OK, I understand that these two people were fugitives, but I found the brutality of the finale unnecessarily cruel and brutal).

12. Queen and Slim (OK, I understand that these two people were fugitives, but I found the brutality of the finale unnecessarily cruel and brutal).
13 The Last Jedi (While it is my favourite of the new Star Wars movies, Luke’s death was just unsatisfying)
&app=desktop&persist_app=1

13 movies with an IMDB score of 5.0 or less that you consider good or 6.0 or less that you consider great

1. Wild Wild West

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
13 movies with an IMDB score of 5.0 or less that you consider good or 6.0 or less that you consider great

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3
5. Escape from the Bronx

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3
5. Escape from the Bronx
6. Joe versus the Volcano

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3
5. Escape from the Bronx
7. Not of This Earth

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3
5. Escape from the Bronx
7. Not of This Earth
8. Beneath (2013)

Welcome to the human race...

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3
5. Escape from the Bronx
7. Not of This Earth
8. Beneath (2013)
9. Escape From L.A.

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3
5. Escape from the Bronx
7. Not of This Earth
8. Beneath (2013)
9. Escape From L.A.
10. El penalti más largo del mundo

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3
5. Escape from the Bronx
6. Joe Versus the Volcano
7. Not of This Earth
8. Beneath (2013)
9. Escape From L.A.
10. El Penalti más Largo del Mundo
11. Damsels in Distress

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3
5. Escape from the Bronx
7. Not of This Earth
8. Beneath (2013)
9. Escape From L.A.
11. Damsels in Distress
12. Superman III

1. Wild Wild West
2. Lady in the Water
3. Nine Lives (2016)
4. Home Alone 3
5. Escape from the Bronx
7. Not of This Earth
8. Beneath (2013)
9. Escape From L.A.
11. Damsels in Distress
12. Superman III
13. The Experts

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Today marks 40 years since John Lennon's tragic death...

13 Movies that features a scene where at least one character mentions John Lennon or the Beatles OR a John Lennon or Beatles song is playing during the scene OR both (Post Video and Name the Song)

1. The Departed (Well, Well, Well by John Lennon)