MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

It would've normally gone through between the Thursday and Sunday games, which means I would've gotten to use Robinson and Hill. Neither of us realized but apparently Yahoo's system is smart enough to detect that (if one of the players involved is started) and wait until the week is done automatically.

Oh I get what you mean. One of the guys played Thursday? So yahoo automatically does that. That kinda makes sense I guess.

Yeah, I was surprised, I figured I was gonna have to do some complicated roster fiddling to make it fair to Josh and all that but Yahoo's apparently doing it all itself. Still pretty dumb neither of us even noticed.

Lost with third best score of the week. Oh well luck of the draw.
You don't have to outrun the grizzly, you just have to outrun the poor bastard standing next to ya.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The fantasy football matchup system is dumb dumb dumb, always has been, always will be. One of these years I'll try to talk everyone into something wild (but way more equitable).

Also, just in case some of you guys don't check your email, waivers are gonna work differently because of all the Tuesday game stuff:

Here’s how we will proceed with transaction/waiver processing and other weekly items for Week 5. This info will also apply to future weeks that have a Tuesday game added to the schedule:

Waivers: Players that would have cleared waivers on Tuesday or Wednesday morning will now be processed on Thursday morning. This will give you time to make roster changes in the new week before waivers are processed
Trades: If your league uses a voting period for trades, pending trades will not be processed until Thursday morning.
Other notes:

Stat Corrections: With no Thursday game in Week 6, stat corrections for Week 5 may be applied up until Sunday morning.
Scoring Issues: For leagues using first downs as a stat, we are looking into the scoring issues. We expect to have that resolved shortly.

A system of cells interlinked
Bogus. Brown a last minute scratch before the game. I think I would have had a decent chance at the win if he played, as the other Brown is having a good game. Oh well!

LOL! I won week 5 vs Joshua's Chuggars by .32 lol! .32! If it makes him feel any better I remember losing the MoFo Championship match by that much vs Fabulous's Empire.

Edit in - is that trade ever gonna process or what? I'm not even involved and it's starting to irk me.

Read the post above or the big ol' popup they have on the league site. All transactions, waivers and trades, are processing tomorrow. Gonna be different going forward to accommodate the Tuesday games, too.

0.32 would be the fifth-closest margin in league history, by the way.

You lost that MoFo Bowl by 1.38. Yeah, pretty wild, though.

Meanwhile, this is the 9th time a team has started 5-0 or better. The all-time win streak record is 11 (ended with the season, 2014) and the all-time win streak to start the year is 8-0 (2017). Nearly 10-0, but the ninth game was 129-127 .

Of the previous eight, six made the MoFo Bowl, with three winning and three losing. The other two made it to the Semifinals.

Now it is truly not unrealistic to say I will not get another win. At least until I meet another team with as many catastrophic injuries as I have taken. I think the last team with this many injuries was The Dirty Dozen. Dak is done, his ankle shattered, twisted in a way ankles simply do not twist. Or they twist only once, anyway. He joins Saquon Barkley and Courtland Sutton in my fantasy football morgue. Only Chris Carson and Kenny Golladay remain among my top five draft choices. And they had best get their affairs in order. I fear my draft choices are all now playing through a Final Destination type scenario. They should have been killed by the cheap celebratory champagne I served on the private jet home after the draft, and now death, cheated, is stalking them. Devious Rube Goldberg injuries await the others. Electrocuted in the tub, perhaps? Car crushed by a piece of Skylab reentering the atmosphere? You Poor bastards.

This week The Chargers Mike Williams, a waiver wire pickup cast off by the Iron City Chuggars, got me closer than I had any right to be when he gathered 109 yards and a pair of TDs as my top scorer. Chris Carson had a late score in the Seahawks' narrow win against Minnesota to salvage his day, and Robby Anderson, my twelfth pick in the draft, continues to be unexpectedly among the league's best receivers with another 100-yard performance. Dak got mangled just as The Cowboys were ramping up to dig out of yet another hole leaving with only 12.94 fantasy points. Had he made even just his projection, much less the thirty and forty-point orgasms he had been firing off since Week 2, I would have eeked out the victory. Instead I lost by 8.14 points as Stefon Diggs caught ten frippin' balls in the Tuesday night game for Russell Wilson's War.

As I begin to sink like a stone in the standings I'll be muttering to myself, "It was such a beautiful draft. Beautiful...."

Meanwhile, several positive COVID tests have shut down the Falcons' facility. So, uh, heads-up there.

Been like whack-a-mole, more scares like this, but all it keeps doing is shifting and pushing things back without the entire schedule breaking. So far...

It's difficult to keep up with all these scheduling changes. I picked up the Chargers defense last week with the intention of playing them this week against the Jets, but now that game doesn't take place until week 11 and the Chargers instead find themselves with an early bye.

Yeah, it sucks. There was a list of changes last week, and I swear I read it four times before I was even slightly confident I understood the fantasy/lineup implications.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, the schedule changed pretty much cost me a victory. When I went to bed Saturday night, Denver’s game was still on. I woke up the next day but didn’t log on to check updates until around 1 and discovered that it was now postponed.
I had Gordon in the lineup.
Nothing I could really do about it.
Even if I had caught it, I wouldn’t have had anyone to replace him anyways. So it’s a moot point, I guess