A view from the Master.

→ in
Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Please put the Toy Story trilogy on your to watch list. It truly is one of the best trilogy's ever made.

I love Speed and consider it one of the top 5-10 action movies of all time.

I will be watching the Toy Story trilogy; I'm just focusing on the 70's right now.

The Lost Boys
Directed By: Joel Schumacher

Where the hell are you from? Krypton?

Well after re watching The Lost Boys over this past weekend I thought I'd give this movie another review. I wrote a little something about this movie in another thread a while back. It wernt nothing special, so I've decided to give a little more detail as to why this movie is one of the greatest movies of the 80's. And why it's one of my all time favourites.

Growing up as a kid The Lost Boys was one of the coolest movies I'd ever seen. It was a movie I loved to watch, even tho it scared the crap out of me. Even to this day I consider it one of the coolest movies ever. It's camp, cheesy, daft, but yet it still holds up rather well. The Lost Boys has a great cast, great story and some wicked soundtracks. It's a vampire movie like no other, and it's a movie I will never get bored of watching. To be honest id go as far as to say it's faultless. Nothing can make this movie any cooler, or anymore entertaining (in my eyes).

Fun Movie Trivia:
Executive producer Richard Donner originally intended to direct the movie himself, but as production languished, he moved onto "Lethal Weapon" and eventually hired Joel Schumacher for the job.
The Lost Boys is a teen movie like no other. It's a horror movie with a mix of humour, and adventure. Sounds strange, but it works. The young cast are all fantastic, and the two comic book kids are brilliant (Jamison Newlander, and Cory Feldman). Every scene in which these two appear offers humour, they bring a lot of comedy to the movie and there my favourite characters on the screen. Kiefer Sutherland is great as the head Vampire. You probably couldn't picture it now if you haven't seen this movie, but he was the perfect person to play the role, and his voice is scary as fu**. He actually scared me as a kid!.....To be honest I loved the whole cast in this movie. Everyone brought something to the table, and I can't really fault anyone.

Fun Movie Trivia:
Kiefer Sutherland was only meant to wear the black gloves he wears as David when riding the motorbike. However, while messing around on the bike behind-the-scenes, he fell off, breaking his arm so he had to wear the gloves through the whole movie to cover his cast.
Overall The Lost Boys is one of my favourite movies of all time. It's fun, entertaining, scary, funny, it's actually everything you could want in a movie. It's great cast, wicked story, and great soundtracks make for an awesome movie. I can't say a bad thing about this movie to be honest.

It's been far too long since I watched The Lost Boys. It was a permanent fixture on my 100 until my last version. I was listening to some of the tracks from the film just the other day.

Thanks guys. Nice to see lots of fans.

The soundtracks are all amazing. I love the song where there at the concert. The one with the shirtless man playing the sax.

Heat
Directed By Michael Mann

Well ya know, for me, the action is the juice.

Heat is a movie that has always reminded me of my big brother. I remember being around 8 or 9 at the time of its release. And I remember there being quite abit of buzz surrounding the movie. My brother was so excited at the time. He must of been around 18 and he was a huge Al Pacino fan. I remember him not stop talking about the movie, but at that time I was more interested in the power rangers than listening to him. Anyway, a couple of years later my movie world was turned upside down. No more Ritchie Rich, or Power Rangers. My brother introduced me to his movie collection and I've never looked back. Movies like Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Scarface, and Heat made there way into my dvd collection, and I soon found myself a huge Al Pacino and Robert De Niro fan.

Fun Movie Trivia
In a promotional interview for "The Keep", director Michael Mann stated that he wanted to see "Heat" brought to the screen (it was already written) but had no interest in directing it.
Heat has always been one of those movies I'd loved to have seen in the cinema. I would have loved to have been apart of the buzz surrounding this movie, and I would have also loved to have seen the dinner scene in which Robert De Niro and Al Pacino have there iconic scene. Even now when I watch the scene on Blu Ray I still get the tiggles. The scene is so intense, and very powerful. It's one of my favourite movie scenes of all time.

Michael Mann did a fantastic job with Heat. The cast, the story, and the concept worked amazing. Mann has always been abit hit and miss for me. I enjoyed Heat, Collateral, and Public Enemy's but everything was abit Meh. Out of all his movies i have seen Heat is by far his best work. It's on a whole other level to any of his other work, and it makes my top movies list everytime.

Fun Movie Trivia:
In the UK, the film was given a '15' rating for both its cinema and video release and passed uncut in both instances. It was re-released in 2000 with a new 'Underground Epics' video cover, bearing an '18' certificate. However, this was not a different version of the film - the content was the same as the '15' version. The '18' certificate was a mistake, and the video cover was withdrawn.
I see quite a lot people criticising Al Pacino's performance in Heat, and I don't understand why?. Okay his performance is over the top and shouty, but that fits his character perfect. He's a cop constantly on edge. His life is his job, his home is his work. And I think his performance really showcases how on edge his character is. Robert De Niro is fantastic (as always), the pair of these guys are two of the greatest actors ever.

Overall Heat is a fantastic movie, it has a great cast, great story, and some truly amazing scenes. This is another faultless movie to make my review thread.

Heat
Directed By Michael Mann

Well ya know, for me, the action is the juice.

Heat is a movie that has always reminded me of my big brother. I remember being around 8 or 9 at the time of its release. And I remember there being quite abit of buzz surrounding the movie. My brother was so excited at the time. He must of been around 18 and he was a huge Al Pacino fan. I remember him not stop talking about the movie, but at that time I was more interested in the power rangers than listening to him. Anyway, a couple of years later my movie world was turned upside down. No more Ritchie Rich, or Power Rangers. My brother introduced me to his movie collection and I've never looked back. Movies like Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Scarface, and Heat made there way into my dvd collection, and I soon found myself a huge Al Pacino and Robert De Niro fan.

Heat has always been one of those movies I'd loved to have seen in the cinema. I would have loved to have been apart of the buzz surrounding this movie, and I would have also loved to have seen the dinner scene in which Robert De Niro and Al Pacino have there iconic scene. Even now when I watch the scene on Blu Ray I still get the tiggles. The scene is so intense, and very powerful. It's one of my favourite movie scenes of all time.

Michael Mann did a fantastic job with Heat. The cast, the story, and the concept worked amazing. Mann has always been abit hit and miss for me. I enjoyed Heat, Collateral, and Public Enemy's but everything was abit Meh. Out of all his movies i have seen Heat is by far his best work. It's on a whole other level to any of his other work, and it makes my top movies list everytime.

I see quite a lot people criticising Al Pacino's performance in Heat, and I don't understand why?. Okay his performance is over the top and shouty, but that fits his character perfect. He's a cop constantly on edge. His life is his job, his home is his work. And I think his performance really showcases how on edge his character is. Robert De Niro is fantastic (as always), the pair of these guys are two of the greatest actors ever.

Overall Heat is a fantastic movie, it has a great cast, great story, and some truly amazing scenes. This is another faultless movie to make my review thread.

Good review. It's another film I've never seen but need to.

Good review. It's another film I've never seen but need to.
Your missing out on some great movies.

I like Heat, but I prefer Manns work of Collateral. Heat is my second favorite of his though.
Collateral is great too. Haven't seen it in a while tho.