The Movie Forums Top 130 Albums Countdown

Tools    

That's all for now will continue posting a few every hour or so until i've posted the first 30. I only got into King Crimson a few years ago, they're great and i briefly considered voting for one of their Albums but i haven't listened to them often enough to do so. I've heard songs by Cat Stevens but never an Album.

King Crimson vs Kendrick Lamar for the 128th Place was the first of three to be decided by release date as suggested by Chyp who will welcome your hate mail.

I had Maggot Brain on my list but had to cut it... Love King Crimson...and Pixies. But nothing from my list has appeared yet.

Sorry about pulling my avatar. Having a very tough day.

Let the night air cool you off
Voted for different Kendrick and Crimson albums, both of which are pretty obvious. I am not sure, but Butterfly might be the better Kendrick album, I just listened to the other one so much and it has one of my all-time favorite songs on it. I won't say which one, but I sure am getting thirsty.

Voted for different Kendrick and Crimson albums, both of which are pretty obvious.
I'm quite surprised if the other, obvious, King Crimson album doesn't make it. None of my albums or bands have appeared yet.

I love that clip. I love the idea that he deliberately picked out a white person to set it up even more The genius of that is either they actually say it or they awkwardly sing n-word or something making their rap even more white than it already is.

Kendrick rules.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
It's really frustrating that this clip is what Kendrick is reduced to in the eyes of a lot of people. He's much more than this awkward moment.

No it's not. He's a great rapper, but this is part of him too. Jerry Garcia once kept thousands of people from rioting by his influence. I don't think there was malice in the girl. He owns some of the responsibility for putting her in that position. Even more, if he is as insightful and thoughtful as reported, he really should have known better. Should she have not said it, I guess. Then again, she shouldn't be a Kendrick Lamar fan then.

We can't ignore living in the hot take world now. Whatever has the most eyes on it bubbles to the top. I take a slant like I do with comedy and many of the comedians live by. There is no line in art.

I love that clip. I love the idea that he deliberately picked out a white person to set it up even more The genius of that is either they actually say it or they awkwardly sing n-word or something making their rap even more white than it already is.

Kendrick rules.
Nah, it makes him look like an assh*le. It gives people who can't wait to take a swipe at a black guy or a rapper ammo. I don't think that he deliberately picked out a white, ticket-buying fan of his to embarrass onstage and all over the internet. I think it was a heat of the moment incident that is hard to blame him for, but still looks bad on his part. Probably because he is a man and she is young girl, so it looks like he is a bully. She's clearly not free from blame either, but her guard was clearly down and she thought she was "in". Not a good look for anybody.

Nah, it makes him look like an assh*le. It gives people who can't wait to take a swipe at a black guy or a rapper ammo. I don't think that he deliberately picked out a white, ticket-buying fan of his to embarrass onstage and all over the internet. I think it was a heat of the moment incident that is hard to blame him for, but still looks bad on his part. Probably because he is a man and she is young girl, so it looks like he is a bully. She's clearly not free from blame either, but her guard was clearly down and she thought she was "in". Not a good look for anybody.
Was joking about him doing it deliberately, i heard some racists (genuine blatant proud racists) theorizing that he did so i flipped it. I don't give a crap if she was embarrassed tbh she shouldn't have said it, but i did think after i made that post about the abuse she possibly suffered and i agree both of them were wrong because of that.

Remarkable though. I remember there was a video of some white dude at a rap battle who said it, always thought that video was fake because it cuts out before anything is said.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I don't think it makes him look like an *******. Musicians, actors, athletes have never been role models in my book. Very rarely do you have a high-level operator in any field that is Mr. Rogers.
I think this is a perfect example of how things get blown out of proportion by every side now. This was a thing. It happened. Nothing major, but hot take artist used it to fill their sails.

The issue I have is how this is art. Art transcends to me. I'm not a great thinker or writer, but this is so easy to see to me. It really isn't an issue.

Before anyone takes anything the wrong way, I wanna make clear that I mean this in how it applies to art. Not the real world, not day-to-day life, but art.

Welcome to the human race...
Lolita Nation was my #50 and a somewhat deliberate attempt to get onto the one-pointer list. A delightfully weird piece of indie-rock obscurity from the mid-'80s that mixes poppy melodies with complex lyrics and disjointed stabs at experimentation to result in a rather singular beast that could never quite be replicated. (Speaking of one-pointers, I did consider Maggot Brain for the list but ultimately didn't - currently wonder if it's better that it made the one-pointers rather than the void between them and the main list).

Surfer Rosa is pretty good, but I never considered it a major favourite, let alone a contender for my list. I've always ever-so-slightly preferred it to Doolittle, though.

To Pimp a Butterfly is obviously masterful and was on my list of contenders but I ultimately didn't pick it.

Red was my #49. It was a toss-up between this and In the Court of the Crimson King but I opted to go with this one's hard rock vibe (dat title track) over the latter's more fanciful tendencies. They're both great albums, though.

Haven't heard Tea for the Tillerman.

No it's not. He's a great rapper, but this is part of him too. Jerry Garcia once kept thousands of people from rioting by his influence. I don't think there was malice in the girl. He owns some of the responsibility for putting her in that position. Even more, if he is as insightful and thoughtful as reported, he really should have known better. Should she have not said it, I guess. Then again, she shouldn't be a Kendrick Lamar fan then.

We can't ignore living in the hot take world now. Whatever has the most eyes on it bubbles to the top. I take a slant like I do with comedy and many of the comedians live by. There is no line in art.
The reason I say it's frustrating that this is what he is reduced to is because his music is so much bigger than this moment. He is fair in his music, he doesn't have to set anybody up in his music. He paints the truth in his music. Tricking a drunk white girl who loves Kendrick's music into saying a word he knows is used quite frequently in his song just to make a point about anything feels dirty. And I do think Kendrick is thoughtful, so I hope that what I just said isn't the case. I hope that Kendrick had a moment of poor judgment, whether that be putting a microphone in that girl's hand or choosing to put her on blast the way he did. She clearly wasn't being malicious. And nobody is immune to poor judgment. That said, I can't wait for whatever Kendrick comes out with next.