Game of Thrones Season 7

Tools    

There were a few seconds where I wondered if it was a flashback, but suspected it shortly after that. I was 99% sure the moment the servers started appearing carrying jugs.

Shows of this size and scope are shot so deliberately, and they almost never make those kinds of things visible from multiple angles and/or consecutive shots unless they're about to matter.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Eh I thought it was kicking off next sunday Derp.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Nice opening episode. It set up all the necessary parts to move forward, reminding us of a few things along the way. We're SO close to all those Stark kids being in the same place, finally.

I'm ready for a little Tyrion/Varys banter, though. Weird to see them both silent in this episode, though that was the right move for the looming emotions of that homecoming for Danaerys.

Didn't notice this at all, but apparently Sansa, in exactly the scene where she's talking about Cersei with Jon ("you almost sound as if you admire her..."), has the same hairdo she used to:

Worth noting that, early in the series, she seems like a pretty awful kid, reflexively siding with Joffrey out of a desire for prestige and power. Obviously she's been a good guy far more often than not, but there's some groundwork there for her innate character, should they choose to go that way.

This might just do nobody any good.
We're SO close to all those Stark kids being in the same place, finally.
Given the tension between Sansa and Jon I wouldn't expect a happy family reunion.

I look forward to more Jaime/Euron bickering and Tormund's... admiration for Brianne.

A match to rival Rosenfield and Constance Talbot.

I'm wondering if they're setting up conflict between Sansa and Arya, the former becoming and more like Cersei and Little Finger.

I really dug the first episode.As soon as Walder said that winter had come, I knew what was about to happen since it ruled out a flashback. I liked Dany going home and I thought the Hound's new character development was pretty damn good.

I really look forward to how Cersei and Jaime will continue to develop. Cersei is in a very dark place and Jaime is more then a little unnerved by Cersei's newest development. I wonder if the show will follow the prophecy in the book about how Cersei is foretold to die? If so that will be quiet the scene.

I also can't wait for Jon to see Tyrion again and to first meet Dany. And I eagerly await the reveal of Jon's true parentage.

And now I must wait a week for the next episode.

A system of cells interlinked
Cool stuff about Sansa and Cersei. I didn't notice the similarities when I watched.

And I eagerly await the reveal of Jon's true parentage.
That happened last season, yea?

Cool stuff about Sansa and Cersei. I didn't notice the similarities when I watched.

That happened last season, yea?

Yeah but only Bran knows. I am waiting how Jon, Dany, Sansa and the 7 kingdoms will handle the news. lol

One thing I've been talking about the last few years is the fact that nothing can really be verified in the GoT world: if Arya vanishes, she has no way to really prove she is who she says she is, no way to prove someone impersonating her isn't really her, etc. The best you can do is find someone who claims to have known them, who can vouch for them, and even that isn't anything close to proof. So I've been wondering how a lot of these things--identities, parentage, whatever--would shake out, even if they did come to light. There's no DNA tests. We might have something come out...and people just straight-up don't believe it.

Bran, however, could fix this. The fact that he knows so much could be used to establish credibility that would carry over into other pronouncements.

Yeah but only Bran knows. I am waiting how Jon, Dany, Sansa and the 7 kingdoms will handle the news. lol
Who are his parents? I forget.

WARNING: spoilers below
Han Solo and Princess Leia

Han Solo and Princess Leia
Now it's coming back to me, you tricky dicky.
No seriously, who are they?

Lyanna (Ned's sister) and Raegan Targaryen (I think I spelled that correctly)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
so how long did it take everyone to figure out what was gonna happen in the cold open?
Like 0.1 seconds, as soon as the camera panned to old Walders chin I knew what was going down