The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Donna Reed Show, was my 1 pointer.

I haven't seen "The Donna Reed Show" in years, but as I recall, it was a pretty good show.

I think a lot of the old classics may end up missing out on this list, even though they deserve to be on it. It's hard to compete with the newer shows that are fresh in people's minds.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Sweet.

Not to be picky but you should do it like 100 then 99, not 99 then 100. Just sayin. Thanks for doing this!
I'm glad you mentioned that. I've had my thread setting inverted for years, so I forget sometimes it's not like that for everyone. I fixed it now and changed my thread setting for the duration of the tv list so I don't have to remember to put the numbers so that they look backwards to me. It's actually really hard to get used to. I'm very comfortable with being backwards.

Yeah, it started. I love all the tidbits Goddoggo. As usual you do good work and it is appreciated. Both of these are shows I have only watched a couple of times. Shandling has never done much for me in anything I have seen him in. I really haven't given Ferguson much of a chance to. He is on too damn late, and I am old.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I haven't seen all the shows that made the list so some may have better tidbits than others, but I'll try to find something interesting about each show.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I haven't seen all the shows that made the list so some may have better tidbits than others, but I'll try to find something interesting about each show.

Just a suggestion. For any shows that you haven't seen, you may want to ask the people who included it on their lists. If they like the show that much, they may be able to help you with the trivia.

Also, IMDB and Wikipedia are usually pretty good for trivia.

I had Craig Ferguson at 17th, and I'm pretty sure Sarah had it too. Ferguson is a wizard at spontaneous interviews, riffing with Geoff, or remembering/eulogizing his lost family and friends (for example, Michael Clarke Duncan).

Yes, it was you Jiraffe and Sarah that voted for it.

Just a suggestion. For any shows that you haven't seen, you may want to ask the people who included it on their lists. If they like the show that much, they may be able to help you with the trivia.

Also, IMDB and Wikipedia are usually pretty good for trivia.
Yeah, but then they know it made the list. I'm pretty good at researching things. I'll find something to include, it just may not be as in depth as a show that I'm really familiar with.

On another note, I'm really surprised at p'oed that 101 didn't make it. I'm not going to let those cats out of the bag yet, but there were some surprising near misses. I'll be adding those to the second post either after the list is done or before the top ten.

Just here for the free donuts
I am surprised we have two late night talk shows already.

By the way, I think that bald guy is Jeffrey Tambor, who's also in Max Headroom and was pictured in the picture I showed from that show.

It's either Jeffrey Tambor or Dr. Phil.

I think it's Jeffrey Tambor, who now plays a transsexual on the Amazon.com show, Transparent.
It is Jeffrey Tambor. He is hilarious in the show. And The Larry Sanders Show actually isn't a late night talk show, it's an HBO sitcom that is based around a fictional late night talk show. One of my favorite shows of all time and I'm happy that someone besides me voted for it. It deserves to be on the list.

I am surprised we have two late night talk shows already.

By the way, I think that bald guy is Jeffrey Tambor, who's also in Max Headroom and was pictured in the picture I showed from that show.

It's either Jeffrey Tambor or Dr. Phil.

I think it's Jeffrey Tambor, who now plays a transsexual on the Amazon.com show, Transparent.
I didn't know Jeffrey Tambor was in Max Headroom. I've only seen a couple of episodes and I don't remember much of it.

I watch David Letterman almost every night, but I used to pull tendons from reaching for the remote so fast when the Worldwide Pants logo flashed on the screen and Ferguson's show followed. I thought Ferguson was obnoxious, annoying, unfunny and a terrible interviewer. Then I came home drunk one night and didn't bother turning the channel, and I actually found myself somewhat amused by his antics. Since then I watch his show on occasion, usually while I'm surfing these forums late at night. Geoff the gay skeleton robot is hilarious. To be honest, I wish he was the host instead of Ferguson, but the latter's don't-give-a-f**k approach and improvisational style provide a lot of amusement and fun. I wish I had given the show more of a chance early on since it will soon be coming to an end.

I've seen bits and pieces of The Larry Sanders Show. It seems like something I might like.

thread setting inverted
What kind of witchcraft are you practicing?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I didn't know Jeffrey Tambor was in Max Headroom. I've only seen a couple of episodes and I don't remember much of it.
He played Murray.

Matt Frewer (Edison Carter/Max Headroom), Amanda Pays (Theora Jones), Jeffrey Tambor (Murray McKenzie)

As Wiki puts it, "Edison Carter's high-strung producer."
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	20100810-maxheadroom-4501.jpg
Views:	2378
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	17984  

What kind of witchcraft are you practicing?
The kind with human sacrifice and goat blood drinking

But I don't need any of that to make the last post on top. I just change it in my edit options.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I forgot to add that Sarah won tickets to the last Ferguson show. She had to write why she was a big fan and should go to the finale and hers was deemed good enough to be chosen for two tickets.

Let the night air cool you off
I forgot to add that Sarah won tickets to the last Ferguson show. She had to write why she was a big fan and should go to the finale and hers was deemed good enough to be chosen for two tickets.
Jealous. So jealous.

Let the night air cool you off
100. The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson

Memorable funny moment: A remark from Geoff causes Ferguson to lose it.
Watching him try and fail to regain his composure made for a, albeit unintentional, hilarious moment.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
????????

I thought everyone in the world except me was obsessed with this show? How did this only get 1 point?! Is it considered a different version?
Apparently this is one, like Blackadder, that imdb has split into different 'versions'. I didn't realise that when I made my list though.

Never Mind the Buzzcocks got one point from me. It's gone off the boil a bit since they started getting guest presenters, but it used to be really good.

I've never watched either of those first two on the countdown.

Really good to see Ferguson's show here. I don't watch regularly so I didn't vote for it, but I count myself a fan. Completely fresh and unique among the stale talk show format. Shame he's leaving and being replaced by the utterly unfunny James Corden. It's a step backwards.

His laid-back, truly conversational and entertaining style is exemplified by his interviews with Ewan McGregor, IMO.

98. Dragon Ball Z 1996 - 2003

theme song

Quote: How do you like the taste of despair, eh?!! It is the last taste you fools will ever know... ~ Raditz

Dragon B Z picks up where Dragon Ball left off and is based off the last 325 chapters of the manga. Decapitations and spine-severings abound as Goku and his gang defend the Earth from various villains.

Let's get rich moment Dragon Ball Z was a merchandising powerhouse. You could literally dress from head to toe in Dragon Ball Z apparel while playing with the action figures.

Legacy The "It's Over 9000!" meme is apparently the most used meme in internet history. I personally had never seen the meme before researching the show, but the internet told me so it must be true.

Points 44 placed 3rd, 14th & 17th

Don't worry. You still get two today, but I'm doing one now and one at night.