Female Song Tournament.

Tools    

Oh how sad.

Mr. Donuts is a hilarious name BTW. I'm Mr. Pancakes BTW.
Is it because you've got a nice set of pancakes?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Let the night air cool you off
Somebody left out one of their noms, we are at 127. So the first person to nom something (complete with youtube link) gets the last spot.

I'll be sending all of the round one winners into random drawing to determine round two matches.

Here are the round one matches.

Round 1, Day 1

vs

vs

vs

vs

vs

vs

vs

vs

1. Janelle Monae - Tightrope
2. Bats for Lashes - Laura
3. The Velvet Underground & Nico - All Tomorrow's Parties
4. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
5. Etta James - At Last
6. Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
7. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
8. Janet Jackson - The Pleasure Principle

1. Lone Justice
2. Sarah Brightman
3. Patti LaBelle
4. Katrina and the Waves
5. Sheila E.
6. Kim Carnes
7. Bette Midler
8. Janet Jackson

Looking at the upcoming matches, I expect to lose at least 4 in this round. Also match Y (Day 4, Match 1) just makes me sad. They're both my nominations but the one I like more is probably doomed.

I'm not counting on winning. I'll be surprised if I do. I don't have a lot of faith with y'all voting for my selections. That doesn't mean that I won't end up freaking out a few times over votes -- I can't promise that. I do have some ideas about what might win, though.

I'd crown "Stop! In The Name of Love" the winner right now if I could.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
1. Janelle Monae - Tightrope -Did not like that other song.
2. Bats for Lashes - Laura I hadn't heard this before today, but I really liked it. Pretty
3. Patti LaBelle- Somewhere over the rainbow - Crap. I wanted to nominate Nico and now my song is up against it
4. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
5. Etta James - At Last
6. Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
7. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
8. Janet Jackson - The Pleasure Principle

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm not counting on winning. I'll be surprised if I do. I don't have a lot of faith with y'all voting for my selections. That doesn't mean that I won't end up freaking out a few times over votes -- I can't promise that. I do have some ideas about what might win, though.
A woman needs to win this tournament. Hopefully me. None of my songs will win. The only shot I have is Because the Night and it's a long one.

A woman needs to win this tournament. Hopefully me. None of my songs will win. The only shot I have is Because the Night and it's a long one.
I think you and I are the only women who signed up. That said, I doubt any of mine have much chance of making it all the way.

1. Janelle Monae - Tightrope vs Lone Justice - Sweet, Sweet Baby (I'm Falling)

2. Sarah Brightman - Think of Me vs Bats for Lashes - Laura

3. Patti Labelle - Somewhere Over the Rainbow vs The Velvet Underground & Nico - All Tomorrow's Parties

4. Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine vs Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

5. Sheila E - The Glamorous Life vs Etta James - At Last

6. Bonnie Tyler - It's a Heartache vs Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes

7. Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings vs Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

8. Rihanna - Take a Bow vs Janet Jackson - The Pleasure Principle