'80s Song Tournament

Tools    

On the outside looking in.
I'm not sure what possessed me to pick that Whitney Houston song, but I'm just feeling it right now.
It was used to cute effect in 13 GOING ON 30:

I don't hate it, but it's awfully lightweight and Whitney was capable of so much more.

Okay, I changed one of my songs. I thought of something I had been planning to nominate but forgot about it. I might change Whitney, too.

Alright, I got rid of Whitney, too. It's a different woman now.

Let the night air cool you off
Can I nominate again? I am assuming that I can, also I don't think any of these have already been nominated, but I am not entirely sure.

Q Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses

Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

Madonna - Like a Virgin

All I know is -- the men (except maybe 7thson) are voting for the stupid, SAFE ***** again, even in the '80s. I mean, give me a break. John Lennon is not '80s. John Lennon DIED in 1980. The song was released after his death!

Yes, Jiraffe, I'll accept those. You're a regular here. You're okay.

Can you believe I posted this bitch in the wrong forum? I think that's probably why TylerDurden and maybe even 7thson found their way in here.

All I know is -- the men (except maybe 7thson) are voting for the stupid, SAFE ***** again, even in the '80s. I mean, give me a break. John Lennon is not '80s. John Lennon DIED in 1980. The song was released after his death!
Does this include me? Because I am trying to keep with the heart of the tournament idea. I eliminated anything that I thought could have been made in any other decade.

Actually, I was gonna say -- it doesn't include you, Jiraffe. Not at all. For once.

Tyler's songs aren't bad, though. They're just metal. But I like "Here I Go Again."

I feel like maybe we should have restricted this to pop/synth/upbeat/cheesy songs. It's too late now, but I felt that would have been a better representation of what I think we are going for.

You did not pick a good Madonna song, though. In my opinion. It's always been one of my least favorites from her. But then again, I picked one of my usual least favorites in the other tournament -- "Material Girl."

I'm honestly not that familiar with her stuff. I just felt like she should have a song in the race, and I kind of like it. Should we allow Billie Jean to be nominated? I think it would sweep the whole thing. Rightfully so, but it seems unfair....if it is allowed, I think someone should nominate it.

I wouldn't count on Billie Jean being an obvious winner. It wouldn't be for me.