The Walking Dead Episode Discussion

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
^Agree, last nights episode was not that great, how long are they going to continue on with the missing girl? It had a good ending but that's about it.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead
I did the personality test on the AMC ^ website to see which survivor I would be and apparently I am Glenn, guess it could have been worse.

The laborious pace in theory should benefit this particular genre of show more than any others, where it can be used to emphasise the futility of the situation. They don't seem to be utilising that as well as they could as there's very little interaction or any real situational acknowledgement. They need a big reason for this missing girl story as well, very contrived plot device at the moment.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead
I did the personality test on the AMC ^ website to see which survivor I would be and apparently I am Glenn, guess it could have been worse.
LOL, I got Rick Grimes!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Okay so they still haven't found the girl, and she seems to be taking a back seat to what is going on. But from what I heard I guess it is true that Glenn will be getting a little action sometime soon, good for him.

Definite dive in quality, i've not got far with the graphic novels but the narrative is completely stunted. I suppose in a lot of respects, that's the genre but still. I'd much rather watch Shane who's a far more interesting character than over-sentimental, righteous Rick. Good job there's zombies in it, otherwise it would be pretty poor

OMG Shaaaaaaannnne! And just when I was starting to come around, too! I forgave him for the affair with Lori, and I actually started to like him. But after the last episode and the shower scene/flashback of what REALLY happened to Otis...I'm thinking Shane is possibly going to lose it. I wonder if he's really going to leave..?

Anyway, better episode than the last. As usual, looking forward to next Sunday!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Yeah I could definitely see Shane snapping and doing something that nobody sees coming. I really like the actor that plays Rick but I don't really like his character anymore, the whole weepy dad character just killed it for me.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
When the episode opened with Shane, I knew what happened to Otis. I just expected him to shoot him in the head, not the leg. Make it so it don't hurt man.

Survival kicked in for Shane, it's what we do. Bad? Sure, but it happens. I just want them to move on from the kid stories.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm glad they're touching on the pragmatic approach to the situation and enjoying the contrast to Rick, just a shame Rick has to be so text-book good. I like Andrew Lincoln but the gimmick of him in the role has worn off and it's kinda shaking into me not buying it. He's doing a great job but just see

Yeah I could definitely see Shane snapping and doing something that nobody sees coming. I really like the actor that plays Rick but I don't really like his character anymore, the whole weepy dad character just killed it for me.
HAHA! If I have to sit through another weepy hug between Rick and Lori I'm gonna start to lose my patience!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I don't know if anyone here watches the Talking Dead after Walking Dead but I think it was 2 weeks ago that they had the writer of the comic series on there and he said that people will die and it will be suprising and not who you think, so I'm starting to wonder if the lost girl, when they find her if she will be a walker or if Rick's kid dies.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I was surprised at how Otis dies but I was not surprised that he died, I mean come on a really overweight guy running from fast zombies, I was not expecting him to make it as long as he did.

Are you basing this on the novels? It seems a Shane is going to the dark places so Rick doesn't have to. There just needs to be some drive or tension growing as it's treading far too much water. I'd be happy for Rick to go dark places but just wish it would happen sooner rather than later atm.

Are you basing this on the novels? It seems a Shane is going to the dark places so Rick doesn't have to. There just needs to be some drive or tension growing as it's treading far too much water. I'd be happy for Rick to go dark places but just wish it would happen sooner rather than later atm.
I just have a hunch that the costs of survival in their hellish new world is going to change him for the worse.

I think it will happen gradually, and the impact of the contrast between then and now will be far greater for it.

I just have a hunch that the costs of survival in their hellish new world is going to change him for the worse.

I think it will happen gradually, and the impact of the contrast between then and now will be far greater for it.
True but at this stage it seems THAT juxtaposition is between Rick and Shane and is very distinct, plus the fact they've changed the direction of the source to keep him alive, which makes me think that they're using these two to show the characterisation you describe. Not disagreeing and it is very plausible in the long term but the producers don't know how long they have so whether they've had that foresight...

True but at this stage it seems THAT juxtaposition is between Rick and Shane and is very distinct, plus the fact they've changed the direction of the source to keep him alive, which makes me think that they're using these two to show the characterisation you describe. Not disagreeing and it is very plausible in the long term but the producers don't know how long they have so whether they've had that foresight...
Perhaps the black & white characterizations are part of the foreshadowing.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I just realized that Andrea is played by Laurie Holden who played the hot cop in the Silent Hill movie, the one they burned alive at the end. Don't have a clue why that took me so long to put together but I just did not recognize her, she looks so different from her Silent Hill character.