The Movie Watching Plan: Back From the Dead!

Tools    

The Movie Watching Plan: Back From the Dead!
54.55%
6 votes
Citizen Kane
9.09%
1 votes
Lawrence of Arabia
0%
0 votes
Casablanca
18.18%
2 votes
The Maltese Falcon
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Yay, it's here. Thanks to Miriam and LJB for bugging me into this; I'd never have bothered anyway. Alright, plain and simple: vote for one of the classic movies above. Once we've come to a consensus (for the most part), we can set a time (probably a whole weekend or something) in which we can watch it, and then talk about it. This serves as, among other things, good motivation for someone like myself to see long-overdue classic movies.

Begin the voting!

"Votes? We ain't got no votes. We don't need no votes. I don't have to show you any stinking votes!"
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
I voted for Citizen Kane, becuase * cringe* I've never seen it. But I want to!

No, but the Admin Center does have to show me votes, and you voted for Madre. I liked Madre...sadly, the only one on the list that I've completely seen. One of the reasons I need to get this thing movin'.

Now With Moveable Parts
I voted for Kane.

I voted for Maltese Falcon - mostly because my grandmother insisted that we were related to Dashiell Hammett.... and I've never seen it all the way through.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre would be my second choice (never seen it). I've seen Citizen Kane a bunch of times.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I voted for Kane simply because I've never seen it, but know I can get a hold of it here. Don't know too much about the availability of the others.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Sades, you caught the parrot virus?

I voted for Kane though I've already seen it, all up close, and analyzed scenes. Mainly cuz I wasn't moved by Casablanca and I'm not in the mood for any of the others. *cowers* don't hurt me! truthfully, other than the maltese falcon (second choice) i don't feel like seeing any of the rest.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

this awesome it must have got buy me today till this point good work TWT. I voted for Treasure of the Sierra Madre Holden got me with the stinking votes saying.

I've watched all of them but that one I haven't seen for quite some time so it should be fun if that the one that gets the most votes.

I voted for Madre because it's the only one I haven't seen.

How do we actually watch this thing?

I voted for The Maltese Falcon by the way because I would pay to watch Peter Lorre breath. I love the guy. And I've already got Casablanca on DVD.

Originally posted by bigvalbowski
How do we actually watch this thing?
Go out and rent it or something. If you're lucky enough to have AT&T Digital Cable, or something like that, old-time movies play day and night on some of the higher channels.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, but you can't plan the movie you're wanting to watch.

It's like needing to see it, doesn't come on til after you rent it/watch it. cruel joke.

gone
Wooo Citizen Kane is on this Friday for me (which is probably why I voted for it)

There's no set time...but I think we'll declare a winner on Thursday, and then give everyone Friday/Saturday/Sunday to check it out...and Monday probably, too, since I doubt discussing the movie will be over with in just one day.

So right now we have 12 people that have voted that cool so there so far 12 people in the movie watching plan very cool Guys & Gals very cool.

Now all we need is for 4 more to join and vote for Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Well right now it looks like it's going to be Citizen Kane which is cool cause I bought it on DVD and I haven't spun it yet only the second disc special documentary and I really i'm intrested in listening to Roger Ebert's Commentary.

Just wondering out of curiousty how do we choose the next movie picks does one of the members choose five and than we vote on those or I don't know i'm intrested to how we are going to do this.