My top 10 Music Groups/Individuals Youtube ed.

Tools    

I love Queen... and would be hard pressed to pick my favorite by them...
I was listening to this one earlier today:

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

That is my fav song from that soundtrack. It is an amazing piece.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Queen were always a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, growing up. They may well have been desperately uncool for an ego-ravaged teenager but the fact remains that they wrote some classic, barnstorming pop songs. With guitars. Made from sideboards. Played by physicists.

I'll never forget the night that Fred died either. I was listening to John Peel on Radio 1 - the champion of, sometimes appalling, 'indie' music, may he rest in peace - and he suddenly veered off from airing the latest Moroccan Gabba Hardcore to play Crazy Little Thing Called Love. It was a genuinely affecting moment for me and the next morning I 'came out' and bought both the Greatest Hits albums, which still get an occasional airing, chez Tat.

Oh, and I also got thrown out of a bar once for playing The Invisible Man on the jukebox...

Most of the links in this old thread are broken, but the words are still here as is my love for a lot of what Prince has published. I cannot say I ever liked him as a person. I mean I did not hate him or anything, but I never connected to him like I did many of the others in this list. However, I loved him as an artist of music and to me he always seemed to be a victim of his own saviance (I guess that is not a word but it should be).

Nothing against Lady Gaga, I like and hate her too in many of the same ways - but Prince achieved what she is still looking for.

I saw Purple Rain in theaters, quite a few times - and the funny thing is I did not really love the movie, but I did love the story.

My favorite prince song is Darling Nikki and dammit I am not ashamed to say it turns me on every time I hear it.

It is difficult not to smile when I meet a girl named Nikki cause all I can think of is how good she can grind.

RIP