Deadwood

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
God I love this show. Finished season 1 last year. Started season 2 couple weeks ago. Then I thought, maybe my partner would like it. So just rewatched season 1 with her in about 5 days. The characters, the dialogue. It's very special stuff. I was 7 episode into season 2 before restarting so I'll have to watch them again but season 1 was better the second time. Hope the last season stands up.

C$#%sucker

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
God I love this show. Finished season 1 last year. Started season 2 couple weeks ago. Then I thought, maybe my partner would like it. So just rewatched season 1 with her in about 5 days. The characters, the dialogue. It's very special stuff. I was 7 episode into season 2 before restarting so I'll have to watch them again but season 1 was better the second time. Hope the last season stands up.

C$#%sucker
A truly amazing show I always come back to. Need to make some time for a rewatch. Loved all the characters and the story lines and simply LOVED the swearing!!!

C$#%sucker
A truly amazing show I always come back to. Need to make some time for a rewatch. Loved all the characters and the story lines and simply LOVED the swearing!!!
It's superb. Although I'm yet to watch the third series the cynic in me is almost happy it didn't drag on and lose its lustre. Still I will be sad when it ends.

I wasn't sad, when it was playing on HBO and they pulled it. I was infuriated. LOL
did NOT want it to end.
Ok I finally finished it last weekend. Oh My God. One of, if not the greatest TV shows I've seen. By far the best characters I have ever "gotten to know". So sad its over, I thought maybe I'd be ok with it because when things start dragging on...(the Simpsons even the Sopranos and now Game of thrones has dropped the balll IMO) but this was different, there really needed to be another season. Not that the ending wasn't pleasant or that it left on some kind of cliff hanger, It was pleasant and there was no cliff hanger but there were plenty of loose ends and budding storylines that, IMO were meant to be continued. I believe this was written as a 4 part series at the least. It's over though....its been years now, there wont be a movie, that doesnt make sense, how could it function independently. What a shame. It'll be going back to it though, rewatching it is very rewarding as I rewatched season 1 with my partner. This is the type of timeless classic i would plan to watch in my retirement.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Bump mostly just to get these pics here for an ongoing obsession of mine brought up in the Shoutbox. Same actor?

New Hotel Clerk

Telegraph Operator
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	deadwoodClerk_A.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	77349   Click image for larger version

Name:	deadwoodTelegraphOp_B.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	77350  

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hey, @ynwtf !

That "Farcus" actor from A Christmas Story is NOT the guy/character you're trying to identify, despite being called "Hotel Desk Clerk" in the credits. He IS a hotel desk clerk--but he works for Farnum. I just watched that scene, from season 1, episode 9. He's the character who tells Farnum he never delivered Hickock's letter to his wife and gives it to Farnum still sealed. He uses a thick Irish accent in that scene, and he still has the reddish hair.

So, when I get to the later scenes with the hotel owner who harasses Joanie, I'll let you know. They DO look like the same actor. Sadly, IMDb has a few characters in the cast list that have either no character name or designation and/or have no photo of the actor so you can identify them properly.

I'll update once I hit that episode to see who's listed.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hey, @ynwtf !

That "Farcus" actor from A Christmas Story is NOT the guy/character you're trying to identify, despite being called "Hotel Desk Clerk" in the credits. He IS a hotel desk clerk--but he works for Farnum. I just watched that scene, from season 1, episode 9. He's the character who tells Farnum he never delivered Hickock's letter to his wife and gives it to Farnum still sealed. He uses a thick Irish accent in that scene, and he still has the reddish hair.

So, when I get to the later scenes with the hotel owner who harasses Joanie, I'll let you know. They DO look like the same actor. Sadly, IMDb has a few characters in the cast list that have either no character name or designation and/or have no photo of the actor so you can identify them properly.

I'll update once I hit that episode to see who's listed.

The plot thickens!

"Dan Hildebrand is a British actor best known for playing the roles of Tim Driscoll (in the first season) and*Shaughnessy*(in the third) on the HBO series*Deadwood, as well as the role of Sean Casey on Sons of Anarchy"

Shaughnessy, I believe, is that hotel owners name.

YES! That's his name! I'm still in season 2 (episode 6 is playing on my second monitor right now), but as soon as I read your post I remembered that was his name! And it's another double-character... just not the two someone had originally mentioned.

My favorite thing about Deadwood was the super-sexy romance between Tim Olyphant (swoon) & Molly Parker.

My favorite thing about Deadwood was the super-sexy romance between Tim Olyphant (swoon) & Molly Parker.
Especially when Sofia is downstairs in the restaurant and chips of plaster from the ceiling start falling on the table.

@John McClane ... don't forget to watch the movie that wraps up a lot of the dangling storylines from the end of season 3! I was pleasantly surprised at how good the movie was.