The Guitar Guild

Tools    

@ynwtf: thanks, that is helpful information. What Iím finding is I donít know anything about the stuff/brands Iím reading so I canít process it correctly.

I think Iíve known all along that the AD30 is going to be with me forever. Guess itís time to get a banjo.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about any of that until you discover what it all means yourself. Don't fret (ha!) until you know what you need/want. The guitar you posted on page one will cover a lot of styles and sounds. Experiment with the knobs and figure what combinations of sound setting you prefer. That will sort of dictate the next purchase whenever/if ever it comes. What you got is pretty versatile IMO.

Oddly enough I have my suspicions something is wired wrong on it because I swear two of those knobs donít do anything. If they are I canít hear it.

I care more for the steel string acoustic sound, but my JF-1 is actually at the shop right now getting a setup. I was barely touching it because it was kind of a disaster. Thankfully, Iím not being charged for it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=94-U8K3a5RQ
Get the banjo or a mandolin. I had a steel resonator (think Dobro), but it didnít stay in tune and playing that was a whole different ball game. So skip that.

Mandolins are great. Just donít think about what you look like playing one 🙃

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Get the banjo or a mandolin. I had a steel resonator (think Dobro), but it didnít stay in tune and playing that was a whole different ball game. So skip that.

Mandolins are great. Just donít think about what you look like playing one 🙃
I seriously want a resonator guitar. there's one on the local craigslist but I do not want to spend money =\ it's electric!!! that kinda terrifies me though. metal and electricity i thought were SUPPOSED to be dangerous.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy."
- Captain Steel

https://youtube.com/watch?v=94-U8K3a5RQ
The greatest sound a guitar ever made came from one of steel. The jangle strangs have the truest ring.

Professional horse shoe straightener
Cool soundtrack feel to them. Better than what Zimmer does these days anyway.
Thanks, Yeah I was going for the old score feel. I couldn't sound like Zimmer if I tried!

Most definitely. You got the ear for soundtrack vibes. I dig it. Keep sharing!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Professional horse shoe straightener
This is a snippet of a piece I did recently. Most of it is using a guitar - which triggers MIDI notes that can be converted into synths and all sorts. Such good fun to muck around with.

https://voca.ro/1jT5bcnswGO3

I'm trying to NOT buy another guitar at the moment.

So far I have been successful. But I feel my bones jonesing.

It's a sickness I tell you: GAS!