Is brad pitt one of the greatest actors of the last 25 years or not ??

Tools    

If you are saying that Brad Pitt is the best then you are disregarding a whole bunch of others.

Clooney, Di Caprio, Depp, Day-Lewis to name a few...

But the best thing about Pitt is he adjusts himself to a role very well. Since he can customize his looks so much, you can put him in a whole bunch of roles and he would do it.

I do think he's one of the best of the last 25 years if you only count major stars. For instance, I think Sam Rockwell may be a better actor, but he doesn't have the starring roles to prove it.

I totally agree that Pitt get slammed a lot merely because of his looks, but the guy can act and has screen presence for days. The guy literally became a star after doing just a few scenes in THELMA AND LOUISE and he's the one who did that. I don't think any actor could have made the strong impression in that film that he did. Loved him in the OCEAN movies, THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON, TRUE ROMANCE, KALIFORNIA, and he was robbed of an Oscar nomination for FIGHT CLUB. JMO.

He was fantastic in KALIFORNIA and yes, he pretty much did steal TRUE ROMANCE, which considering the talent in front of behind the camera, was quite the feat.

I think Brad Pitt is underrated because of his good looks. I have a lot of respect to him because unlike a lot of good looking/popular actors he doesn't just sell out and go to the best paid/popular project. He's worked with a wide range of directors - Tarantino, Fincher, Soderbergh, Dominik, Coen Brothers, Gilliam, both Scott brothers, Malick - how many other actors have worked with so many different style directors, in a number of critically acclaimed films, and is very versatile and great.

Here are how I rate his films, with his performance in brackets:

Fight Club
(
)

Killing Them Softly
(
)

Moneyball
(
)

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
(
)

Inglourious Basterds
(
- hilarious underrated role)

Burn After Reading
(
- best thing about the film)

True Romance
(
- I would give higher but for limited screen time, hilarious role)

Snatch.
(
)

Se7en
(
)

The Tree of Life
(
- not really an acting film though, need to watch again)

I would put him in top 5! Not #1!

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
He suffers from pretty-boy syndrome I think. People often disregard him because he's considered attractive, without realizing he actually has talent (Leo DiCaprio suffers from this as well). Every movie I've seen with him in it, he puts one hell of a performance, even if it's not the best in the film per se. His highlights for me are Moneyball, Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, Se7en, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

He's what I'd call a bankable star rather than a great actor. Don't agree he suffers from pretty boy syndrome either. He's had just as many decent roles as Di Caprio the only difference being Leo is on another level, and had to be in order to shake Titanic.

Christopher Walken steals True Romance for me; not Pitt. Slater is also great, and some of the other support from Michael Rappaport, Saul Rubinek, James Gandolfini, and Bronson Pinchot is equally memorable. Floyd is far less interesting to me than say Elliot, and Lee Donowitz. Their relationship in the movie is hilarious.

That said I like Bradley Pitts (to quote a character from The League Of Gentlemen TV show) and think he has great comic timing. He was the best thing about Burn After Reading, which makes me wonder why he hasn't done more comedy. Many of his roles are very tongue-in-cheek so it would be a smooth transition. Still can't forgive him for nearly ruining Twelve Monkeys though. He caught a bad case of overacting for me in that one.

So no definitely not one of the best of the last twenty five years in my humble opinion. One of the biggest, but there are plenty better.

Titanic.... When i saw him then i thought this guy is going nowhere. He would do same old lovey dovey romantic movies and will never become big. But my word i was wrong. Leo, has probably become one of the best of this generation.

As for Pitt, as i said top 5 definitely. He is not bad. Some of his acting are quite impressive. He does have the skills, but alas, no director tries to exploit it. Since he looks so good. People would give him movies like Mr. & Mrs. Smith rather than something meaningful. If that is what you call pretty boy syndrome, then i have to say, he suffers from it.

I think that Brad Pitt is very overrated...