1994 was the greatest year in film history what are your top 10 films of 1994?

Tools    

Some great '94 films yet to be mentioned... And just some that I like.

Three Colours: White/Red, The Last Seduction, La reine Margot, Eat, Drink, Man, Woman, Little Women, Fresh, Serial Mom, Death And The Maiden, Wes Craven's New Nightmare, Jimmy Hollywood, Bad Girls, Hoop Dreams, In The Name Of The Father, Exotica, Immortal Beloved, Red Firecracker, Green Firecracker, Sirens. And that's not even including the 'great' films I've not seen.

I've thought it's either 1994 or 1999 for the title Greatest Year In Film.

The Straight Story, Sleepy Hollow, Boys Don't Cry, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, Bowfinger, Being John Malkovich, Cruel Intentions, The Blair Witch Project, The Sixth Sense, American Beauty, Man On The Moon, Girl, Interrupted, Girl On A Bridge, Go, 10 Things I Hate About You, Dick, Election, Never Been Kissed, The Green Mile, The Insider, Any Given Sunday, Beyond The Mat, Lake Placid, Memento, Office Space, Simon Magnus, Stir Of Echoes, Summer Of Sam, The Thirteenth Floor, The Virgin Suicides.

Again, plenty of that year I've not seen and are supposed to be very good.

I think I agree. There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men are both brilliant, and I have still got to see The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (got it recorded). Then there's a handful of other great films like Ratatouille, Hot Fuzz, Zodiac, 3:10 to Yuma and Death Proof. And then finally there's a nice few comedies too, I love The Simpsons Movie, then there's Knocked Up, Superbad, Blades of Glory, Juno and Lars and the Real Girl although the last two are more dramas than comedy.
Haven't seen 3:10 to Yuma or Death Proof, and Blades of Glory doesn't appeal to me at all. I like/love all the others you mentioned though. I'd add:

The Savages
Into the Wild
The King of Kong
An American Crime
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
The Visitor
Sunshine
Teeth
Charlie Wilson's War
The Bucket List

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I wouldn't call it anywhere near the best year in film-history, but it did have The Lion King, Wes Craven's New Nightmare, and more notably, The Crow. The Crow is my sixth favorite movie of all-time, and I am obviously very fond of it.

I've not seen enough from enough years but right now I'd go with 2007.

1994:

1. Heavenly Creatures
2. Forrest Gump
3. Pulp Fiction
4. The Lion King
5. Quiz Show
6. Crumb
7. Leon
8. The Crow
9. Three Colours: Red
10. Ed Wood
ILL GIVE YOU THAT 2007 WAS A PRETTY GOOD YEAR BUT BETTER THAN 94 I DUNNO?

HERE ARE MY TOP 10 FROM 2007.

1984:
1. The Terminator

2. Once Upon a Time in America

3. A Nightmare on Elm Street

4. Threads

5. Nausicaä

6. Stranger Than Paradise
7. Repo Man
8. C.H.U.D.
9. Ghostbusters
10. In the Middle of the Night

1994:
1. Chungking Express

2. Crumb

3. Through the Olive Trees

4. Hoop Dreams

5. Pulp Fiction

6. The Kingdom
7. Ed Wood
8. Faust
9. Nightwatch
10. The Lion King

2000:
1. Werckmeister Harmonies

2. Outer Space

3. In the Mood for Love

4. Songs from the Second Floor

5. Dancer in the Dark

6. Little Otik
7. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
8. American Psycho
9. Code Unknown
10. Battle Royale

2007:
1. My Winnipeg

2. There Will Be Blood

3. No Country for Old Men

4. The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

5. Zodiac

6. The Darjeeling Limited
7. Timecrimes
8. Ratatouille
9. [Rec]
10. Earth

Greats from '94 (films I'd give +:

Chungking Express

Hoop Dreams

Three Colours: Red

Pulp Fiction

1962: the year I consider the greatest:

The Exterminating Angel

La Jetée

Jules et Jim

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Vivre sa vie

Lawrence of Arabia

The Trial of Joan of Arc

Knife in the Water

(Although the greatest decade is the '50, by far.)

The 1950's is probably the greatest decade, that's because TV didn't damage the film industry to a great extent at the time. By the 1960's the film industry declined irreversibly. In Japan, for instance, revenues increased up to 1960 and then collapsed over the next 10 years due to the evil box in the living room.

40-50, gave us some classics. I like the 40's as well. Just like for music it was 70's.