1994 was the greatest year in film history what are your top 10 films of 1994?

Tools    

Leon
Pulp fiction
The Shawshank Redemption
Il mostro
Forrest gump
Hong kong express
Il postino
Natural born killers
The lion king
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

I watched the Crow last night again, after almost 10 years. It felt pretty average! Movies like these are released every now and then. There is nothing "special" about it. It is just a good movie for me.

Another year that comes close and is good, which i would take over 1984, at least, is 2010.

1. The King's Speech.
2. Black Swan.
3. Inception.
4. Toy Story 3.
5. The Counterfeiters.
6. The Social Network.
7. True Grit.
8. 127 Hours
9. The Kids Are All Right
10. Winter's Bone

These are all the Oscar nominations from that year ranked in order of my preference. There may have been other good movies released that year. Just cant recall.

i'll take 1984 over 1994

1) a Nightmare on Elm Street
2) Gremlins
3) the Terminator
4) Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom
5) the Natural
6) the NeverEnding Story
7) Ghostbusters
8) the Karate Kid
9) the Last Starfighter
10) Revenge of the Nerds
No Killing Fields or Amadeus. At least, it should knock out Gremlins or The Last Starfighter or Revenge of the Nerds.

No Killing Fields or Amadeus. At least, it should knock out Gremlins or The Last Starfighter or Revenge of the Nerds.
haha yea, i didn't include some of the more "scholarly" picks from 1984 such as
Amadeus
Blood Simple
Paris, Texas
Once Upon a Time in America

the only one i've seen of those is OUATIA, and while it was a good movie, it was overly depressing for my taste

and a cult classic i've yet to see from that year as well, This is Spinal Tap
haven't seen Killing Fields either

i did like the King's Speech a lot, from your 2010 list. That one was great

Give Counterfeiters a try. You would just love it.

I've not seen enough from enough years but right now I'd go with 2007.
I think I agree. There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men are both brilliant, and I have still got to see The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (got it recorded). Then there's a handful of other great films like Ratatouille, Hot Fuzz, Zodiac, 3:10 to Yuma and Death Proof. And then finally there's a nice few comedies too, I love The Simpsons Movie, then there's Knocked Up, Superbad, Blades of Glory, Juno and Lars and the Real Girl although the last two are more dramas than comedy.

1994 is my favorite movie year so far. Pulp Fiction,Clerks.,Forrest Gump,Leon are one of my favorite films of all time and I also like more or less Shawshank Redemption,Ace Ventura,The Mask,Natural Born Killers,Ed Wood.

Another year would be 2008 - The Dark Knight,The Wrestler,Burn After Reading are also one of my favorite films ever made.There's also Iron Man,Taken,RocknRolla

I think I agree. There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men are both brilliant, and I have still got to see The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (got it recorded). Then there's a handful of other great films like Ratatouille, Hot Fuzz, Zodiac, 3:10 to Yuma and Death Proof. And then finally there's a nice few comedies too, I love The Simpsons Movie, then there's Knocked Up, Superbad, Blades of Glory, Juno and Lars and the Real Girl although the last two are more dramas than comedy.
Assassination of Jesse James... is a gorgeous and brilliant western.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

haha yea, i didn't include some of the more "scholarly" picks from 1984 such as
Amadeus
Blood Simple
Paris, Texas
Once Upon a Time in America

the only one i've seen of those is OUATIA, and while it was a good movie, it was overly depressing for my taste

and a cult classic i've yet to see from that year as well, This is Spinal Tap
haven't seen Killing Fields either

i did like the King's Speech a lot, from your 2010 list. That one was great
Spinal Tap is overrated, imo. Not bad, though.

2007 also has Gone Baby Gone, American Gangster, Reign Over Me and The Bucket List
Yup... Now that you mention it, they were good movies too. I think i have seen Gone baby gone. Just cant remember the plot or the story line.

Believe it or not, I've only seen 4 films from 1994, and I only really genuinely like one of them.

1. The Client
2. The Mask
3. Dumb and Dumber
4. Forrest Gump

I still really want to see The Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction, and to a lesser extent, Natural Born Killers, Clear and Present Danger, The Hudsucker Proxy, and True Lies.

You are missing something in life... when you haven't watched Shawshank!

Give it a shot!

A system of cells interlinked
You are missing something in life... when you haven't watched Shawshank!

Give it a shot!
I did...and it wasn't a great movie. Not a bad film, by any stretch, but it's pretty manipulative stuff. It drifts into sentimentality a little too much for my taste, and some of it is downright cliche. That said, I enjoyed some aspects of it and it had a couple of great scenes in it.

I guess it depends a lot on the preference.

For me, it is something that cannot be matched as a movie ever again (see the difference in opinion?)! Watched it over 40 times, still don't get bored. Whenever i feel a little depressed or sad, i just put the DVD in and wala.... i feel a little lighter!

Who knows... Frightened Inmate No. 2 may just fall in love with it or may think its another dull movie.

Assassination of Jesse James... is a gorgeous and brilliant western.
..and boring. :P

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The ending is pretty powerful!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Shawshank is a movie which you see with your ears not eyes!

Still to this day it is considered as one of the biggest disaster of Oscar history along with Taxi Driver not winning it in its year.

I am pretty open to everyone having their opinion, but when it comes to shawshank if I hear someone say its not the best or not there favorite it bothers me but I can handle that, but when someone tries to say that its really not a good movie...that completely baffles me...but hey that's why I am here to be baffled...but seriously if anyone badmouths shawshank again..I'll have them cast down with the sodomites...they'll think they've been F#%&#D by a train. LOL just kidding Sedai I love opposing opinions and thinking outside the box...I just "HOPE" that one day you may change your mind about the greatest film ever made...I "HOPE" that one day it will be possible for Hollywood to make movies like shawshank again...CHEERS!!