Leaving MoFo For a Short While...

Tools    

I'll be taking a little time off of MoFo. It's kind of dead and dare I say ...boring now on Movieforums. Barely anyone posts anymore. I don't know if anyone has interest in the movies lately. That's exactly what it looks like when I look at what is posted (and not posted).

I could take my time and post for everyone and put up news and stuff, but that would be ridiculous. If I started now, this board will be filled with posts all by me.

Hopefully you all return back to posting like usual.

I posted this in the shout-box, but you moved it, so . . .

I take it you are only interested in "new" movie chat? You don't want to get to know any of us? What about your love for Morgan Freeman, and his work?

Seriously, what are you talking about? I am seriously late at doing my housework, because I am trying to catch up on here. Between the grill threads, top 100's, making things that I promised, etc . . . I am almost done, now that I am a few hours late at not being on here.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'll be taking a little time off of MoFo. It's kind of dead and dare I say ...boring now on Movieforums. Barely anyone posts anymore. I don't know if anyone has interest in the movies lately. That's exactly what it looks like when I look at what is posted (and not posted).

I could take my time and post for everyone and put up news and stuff, but that would be ridiculous. If I started now, this board will be filled with posts all by me.

Holy hell Batman (sorry, still shaking from Batman thread) you couldn't be wrong.

MoFo has been loaded with activity, just today there have been posts in 74 different topics, that is about 3 posts in 3 different threads (excluding a reply in the same thread) every 30 minutes.

That ain't bad

I take it you are only interested in "new" movie chat? You don't want to get to know any of us? What about your love for Morgan Freeman, and his work?

Seriously, what are you talking about?
No, but I have been here since almost the beginning of MoFo. And MoFo consists mostly of Movie chat....and it's what I'm talking about yes. And I have gotten to know some people within that time.

Morgan Freeman isn't dying...and what does he have to do with what I am taking about?

Morgan Freeman isn't dying...and what does he have to do with what I am taking about?
She was making a joke about how the Morgan Freeman accident thread is kind of turning into an appreciation thread.

Thanks Lennon!

I tell you what. I am about half past give a ***** with your tone with me. You have done this a few times now, and if you are going to go on and on about Holden, every chance you get, then you can take the time to speak to me respectfully. Those were good questions, and I'm not a dumb-ass, so spare me on the bold and underlined words, and get off my ass.

*EDIT*

I should have split that up, Lennon. I was too busy being pissed!

Thanks Lennon, and I tell you what. I am about half past give a ***** with your tone with me. You have done this a few times now, and if you are going to go on and on about Holden, every chance you get, then you can take the time to speak to me respectfully. Those were good questions, and I'm not a dumb-ass, so spare me on the bold and underlined words, and get off my ass.
Wait, was that to Jrs?

She was making a joke about how the Morgan Freeman accident thread is kind of turning into an appreciation thread.
Oh ok.

Well, no matter what threads were made, which i kept track for like 2 days now (maybe longer), the threads aren't as much as usual. Where is the upcoming movie talk? Not that I don't know any of it. It's just nobody talks about whats coming in the theaters anymore. If I don't start a thread on something....or continue talking about something it won't be talked about. And I am not exaggerating. If i wanna talk/read about a movie coming up or one out now. I have sites bookmarked in my favorites, but the place to talk with others used to be MoFo. Everyone just stopped.

Polls, top lists, grill a mofo and all that are fun yes, but this site is losing it momentum.

Originally Posted by jrs
I'll be taking a little time off of MoFo.
Don't let the virtual door hit ya'. I'd say you'll be missed, but instead I'll say...

Bye.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wait, was that to Jrs?
Of course, sweetie! I was thanking you, and going off on him for talking to me . . . yet again . . . as if I were stupid. Nothing pisses me off more.

Well, no matter what threads were made, which i kept track for like 2 days now (maybe longer), the threads aren't as much as usual. Where is the upcoming movie talk? Not that I don't know any of it. It's just nobody talks about whats coming in the theaters anymore. If I don't start a thread on something....or continue talking about something it won't be talked about. And I am not exaggerating. If i wanna talk/read about a movie coming up or one out now. I have sites bookmarked in my favorites, but the place to talk with others used to be MoFo. Everyone just stopped.
The upcoming movie talk has gone down because most of the summer blockbusters have come out and we've got next to nothing on next year's.

People usually only care about (normal) Oscar material once they have seen the movie.

Barely anyone posts anymore. I don't know if anyone has interest in the movies lately.
Last Thursday had the most posts of any day in over three years. We basically matched that total again on Sunday. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, dude.

Well, no matter what threads were made, which i kept track for like 2 days now (maybe longer), the threads aren't as much as usual.
Really? You've been keeping track? Then let's hear the numbers you've come up with. Because I'm looking at the site's statistics right now, and they don't seem to bear you out.

Where is the upcoming movie talk? Not that I don't know any of it. It's just nobody talks about whats coming in the theaters anymore. If I don't start a thread on something....or continue talking about something it won't be talked about. And I am not exaggerating. If i wanna talk/read about a movie coming up or one out now. I have sites bookmarked in my favorites, but the place to talk with others used to be MoFo. Everyone just stopped.
The exact opposite is true: we've had a huge influx of new threads in the Upcoming forum, mainly because of MorbidPig. He's posted around two dozen in the last week alone. Frankly, I think that's part of what this is really about, anyway. That and the fact that people have been calling you out a lot more than normal lately. I think you're using this silliness about activity as a smokescreen.

Polls, top lists, grill a mofo and all that are fun yes, but this site is losing it momentum.
I love my site, and it's never fun to admit when its activity is down a bit. But it's not even close to being true right now. You couldn't have possibly picked a worse time to make this stuff up.

If I would have to sum up what I thought on Yoda's post:

Pwned.

I tell you what. I am about half past give a ***** with your tone with me. You have done this a few times now, and if you are going to go on and on about Holden, every chance you get, then you can take the time to speak to me respectfully.....
I don't know what "tone" you're referring to, I was just answering your question. I'm sorry you took what I said as some sort of "tone" against you. If you still feel that way, you have to shake it off.

As for Holden Pike, I do not go on and on about him every chance I get.

..and I'm not a dumb-ass, so spare me on the bold and underlined words, and get off my ass.
I never said you were you a dumb-ass. Don't put words in my mouth. And watch your tone with me young lady.

The exact opposite is true: we've had a huge influx of new threads in the Upcoming forum, mainly because of MorbidPig. He's posted around two dozen in the last week alone. Frankly, I think that's part of what this is really about, anyway. That and the fact that people have been calling you out a lot more than normal lately. I think you're using this silliness about activity as a smokescreen.
This makes more sense. I've noticed a few of these this week. Not to mention, for someone who wants there to be more movie chat, why did Mrs. Darcy have to reply two times to you, asking you to explain your "movies viewed"? The ratings you give them, and why.

I've seen you on many occasion talk down to people, and the hell you don't rag on and on about Holden. You even did it once in a welcome thread, when nothing was said to you at all.

p.s. If you want to boss me around again, send it in PM. We'll have ourselves a little chat. Come on. I'm up for it. I'm past anything I need to say to you on this board, with children around.

Lets put a smile on that block
Jrs, i apologise in advance for the statement i am about to make as it will no doubt offend. But i feel its about time it really needs to be said. I have just been holding it in everytime i read one of your moany, whiney posts and, this time, its just popping out. I can feel it on the brim...hold on....oh.....here it comes....

You sir, are a douchebag.

Cheerio.

This is ridiculous jrs, not that i'm bothered just a little offended. Most of your posts constitute bragging about allegedly seeing movies before they're released without follow-up. And i noticed several times in the Movie Tab, when you were asked to validate a rating or give an earnest member an insight on a film, you ignored them! Bloody contradicting yourself bit there aren't you? Have you considered posting a Top 100 list or something other than date's of DVDs and posters, y'know, like opinions that spawn conversation. I remember after being caught for plagiarism in a review you said you were working on your own- i mean look how meatwad's grown, not like there isn't the support or opportunity for you to have done that. The only insightful thing i've seen you post is about Mutant Chronicle which i'm still a bit dubious you've even seen. I'm still think you're a plant tbh.

I remember you "left" before then "came back" so i imagine you're using this just to get a bit attention now and then when you "return".

Originally Posted by jrs
I just reread this bit and almost choked. We don't post here as a service for you, if you have an issue why aren't you doing something to improve the situation instead of telling us you're leaving? If you really don't like it, why not wait for something to spark your interest and then post instead of making stupid attention-seeking statements saying your jumping ship. I remember a dead period was addressed sometime ago and Sammy went and started some interesting debate threads. You clearly aren't a member of the community so, as harsh as it may sound- i won't miss you or welcome your inevitable "i'm back thread".

A system of cells interlinked
What is this, backwards day?

JRS - The traffic on the site is higher than ever, and people are posting like mad. Do you not believe Yoda's numbers or something? What else do you need to see that will make you realize the site is as busy as ever?

As a mod, I have been extra busy keeping up with the threads as they fill up with posts, yes, about film.

The Upcoming Film forum, which you claim is dead, has been extra busy as of late, with literally DOZENS of new topics in just the past few weeks.

We have multiple people who have signed on recently and expressed interest in starting and maintaining a review thread. Used Future has been especially prolific, and his writing is well done and insightful. Hell, even Meatwad has been posting higher quality reviews in the past few weeks.

But, whatever. For each complaint you register here, I have received a dozen positive comments about how well maintained and fun the site is, as well as comments about the ridiculous wealth of knowledge people have contributed to as a community. Just yesterday, Holden posted a massive treatise on French gangster pictures. Did you happen to check that out?

I seem to remember a recent complaint from you that there was actually too much traffic concerning The Dark Knight, and how it was annoying you.

So, what's the deal? Is there too much traffic or too little? I'm confused.