No Country For Old Men on DVD and Blu-Ray March 11th

Tools    

Buena Vista Home Entertainment will releasing Joel and Ethan Coen's No Country For Old Men on standard DVD ($29.99 SRP) and Blu-Ray disc ($34.99 SRP) March 11th. Nominated for 8 Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Director, No Country for Old Men is based on the novel by author Cormac McCarthy.

The film follows Llewelyn Moss (Josh Brolin), a husband out hunting near the Rio Grande who comes across a drug deal gone sour - leaving behind a cache of heroin, two million dollars and several bodies. When two more men end up murdered, the local Sheriff (Tommy Lee Jones) realizes Moss and his wife Carla Jean (Kelly MacDonald) need protection. Things turn dangerous when various men, ranging from ruthless freelancers to ex-Special Forces members, turn up to find out the truth and destroy all evidence.

Both Standard DVD and Blu-Ray Disc Features include:
  • 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
  • 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 (Blu-Ray)
  • English DD5.1 Surround
  • English PCM 5.1 Surround (Blu-Ray)
  • French and Spanish Subtitles
  • Working with the Coens: Reflections of Cast and Crew - Learn more about Joel and Ethan Coen from the perspective of their collaborators, cast and crew
  • The Making of No Country For Old Men - Take a journey through the Coen Brothers’ process and back to their roots as storytellers with a unique voice and vision
  • Diary of a Country Sheriff - Explore the relationship between the compassion of Sheriff Bell and the brutality of Anton Chigurh
  • Theatrical Trailer

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
bah, I think that is a bad cover

Originally Posted by Lennon
bah, I think that is a bad cover
Yes, the floating heads rear their ugly...floating heads.

For anybody waiting to see this one for the first time on DVD, I encourage you to see it in the cinema. I know the power and beauty, especially of those opening scenes in the desert, just plain ain't gonna be as impressive on TV. I don't care how big and amazing your set is.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
No english subtitles ? booooo
just turn your volume up

Meatwad couldn't understand much of what Tommy Lee Jones' character said, and as he revealed somewhere else he watches most movies with the subtitles turned on. I was shocked he could even read.

I'm sure the DVD will at least be close captioned, no matter what these early specs say. You'll be able to read what they're a-sayin', I reckon.

I don't like the cover, but I can't wait for it to come out.

LOL im like the only person who likes the cover art. Anyways brilliant film, brilliant book, and i cant wait to have this DVD.