whats your #1 gutwrenching scene from a movie that just rips your heart out everytime

Tools    

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
I really think I have to agree with anyone who has said Schindler's List.

The moment when Neeson looks into his right-hand man's eyes and says "I could have got more". GUT-WRENCHING.

Reviews

A system of cells interlinked
The Fountain - When Jackman starts tattooing the ring to his finger while grieving over the death of his wife.

Imitation of Life - the scene where Juanita Moore finds her daughter and pretends to be her old maid in front of the daughter's friend so as not to embarrass her. A lot of people site the funeral scene at the end as the saddest part in this movie, and it's certainly gut-wrenching as well, but this one really got to me for some reason.

Cries and Whispers- The scene where Anges is on her bed and just screaming from the pain for a ten minutes (maybe it wasn't that long, but it felt like it was).

Clean,Shaven- The nail scene

Surely it's the scene in The Bicycle Thief when the father, having searched several days for the stolen bicycle that was his only ticket to a job, tries to steal someone else's bike in desperation, only to be arrested while his son looks on.

It induced a state of real despondency.
Indeed. Bicycle Thieves surely ranks among the top most powerful films I ever watched. The scene is pretty much unsurpassed in intensity.

No wonder why it topped the first time a Sign and Sound pool was made. It dropped places the subsequent pools I think that because critics increasingly tend to value style and subtlety over raw emotional power. Of the current top 10, only 2001: A Space Odyssey and Tokyo Story rivals Bicycle Thieves in emotional power.

The scene in My Neighbor Totoro where Satsuki tells Mei that she doesn't care whether their mother is going to die gets me every time. I guess it's my favorite scene in a movie, ever. There are a dozen very powerful scenes in Nausicaa that gets me every time I watch it as well.

3. "Please boss, don't put that thing over my face, don't put me in the dark. I's afraid of the dark." - John Coffey, The Green Mile
Yes.

The moment when Neeson looks into his right-hand man's eyes and says "I could have got more". GUT-WRENCHING.
**** yes. I'm nearly in tears just reading this.

Dunno whether anyone else is with me on this, but that scene in The Pursuit of Happyness where Will Smith and Jaden are in that tube bathroom using it to sleep and someone keeps banging on the door and Will is tearing up.

Friends Don't Let Friends Pay Movie Prices for Rentals
Billy Elliot. I know it's an odd pick, but he dances in front of his father in the gym. That gets me. Then when his father go against union and hops on the bus.

Scenes of defiance always gets me

Don't know if I can narrow it down to one but a couple do come to mind:

In TITANIC, when Rose jumps off the lifeboat and climbs back onto the ship and rushes into Jack's arms and he smothers her with kisses, telling her how stupid she is, I lose it every time.

The finale of THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO destroys me every time I watch it.

In A STAR IS BORN (1954) when Judy Garland is in her dressing room explaining to Charles Bickford how difficult it is for her to watch her husband drinking himself to death.

When Dustin Hoffman is questioned in the courtroom about his son's fall from a jungle gym in KRAMER VS KRAMER and he realizes that his ex-wife used a private moment against him in court.

Marial Hemingway explaining to Woody Allen why she's moving to Paris during the final scene of MANHATTAN.

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Pianist. the whole film basically.

Life is Beautiful.the ending

the end of american history x

Marial Hemingway explaining to Woody Allen why she's moving to Paris during the final scene of MANHATTAN.
It's London, but that's indeed a great scene. I wouldn't call it gutwrenching, though, as Woody's character had it coming.

My #1 gutwrenching scene from any movie:

Together with the scene where he's asking Sam to play As Time Goes By, while he's drunk and thinks of this moment.

i have no heart to rip im a heartless

anyway only one that really did much was like others green mile

i dont recall anyothers

i have no heart to rip im dead inside lmao

i would have to agree green mile was a good one and a favorite

Michael Clarke Duncan (December 10, 1957 – September 3, 2012) was a great actor did you see the tv series the finder he was in always was great performances like Patrick Wayne Swayze (August 18, 1952 – September 14, 2009)they always made even bad movies good

MAJOR SPOILERS

The Wrestler - whenever Randy The Ram is rejected or misunderstood by his friends and daughter.

Johnny Got His Gun (1971) - when nurse opens the window and sunlight comes into the room.Joe feels so happy to feel the sun although he has no legs,hands or face.

Forrest Gump - mother's and Jenny's deaths,Lt. Dans accident and basically all Jenny's and Forrest's meet and break up scenes.

Green Mile - haven't seen in ages but there's that maybe more scary than sad scene,when Percy didn't wet the sponge and execution goes all wrong.