Another Scorsese Boxed Set!

Tools    

I doubt I'll be buying any of the box sets... I've pieced together After Hours, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, etc and will be picking up Raging Bull and really can't justify such a large purchase for movies I already have.

I really don't buy many box sets b/c I buy films as the come out... I guess it's just the impatient SOB in me. Rather than wait 2 or 3 years for a box set I'd rather buy each film as it comes out.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Originally Posted by Mose
I doubt I'll be buying any of the box sets... I've pieced together After Hours, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, etc and will be picking up Raging Bull and really can't justify such a large purchase for movies I already have.

I really don't buy many box sets b/c I buy films as the come out... I guess it's just the impatient SOB in me. Rather than wait 2 or 3 years for a box set I'd rather buy each film as it comes out.
But in the case of the first Scorsese boxed set, they all came out as individual DVDs the same time as the set. After Hours, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore and Who's That Knocking at My Door? streeted on the same day as they were avaialble in the box, as did the SEs of GoodFellas and Mean Streets.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
I just ordered Raging Bull, so I probably won't be picking up the newest boxed set. I had to buy the first one, as I didn't have any of the films. I refused to buy Goodfella's on the 2-sedied dosc, or I would have owned that vefore the boxed came out. The Scorsese boxed set is one of the crwon jewels of my DVD collection, I must say

i was planning to just buy the SP edition of Raging bull but it was $20 so i thought for $20 more i could get 3 other scorsese films so i just went for it