Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

I know Mike’s in every episode but I’m always so happy to see him.

I'm sure we'll do the same thing here. I recently rewatched all of "Breaking Bad" while I waited for this season of BCS to start. Gosh, that whole show stands up so well over time. I'm certain BCS will do just as well.
Ya know, I am too. Just starting the 4th season of BB after watching the first 3. I almost bailed after 2 & 3. IMO Anna Gunn was not well cast as Skyler White along side Bryan Cranston as Walter White. She's a fine actress, but I just never believed she and Cranston as a couple. They don't fit.

Consequently their pairing was a little bit of fingernails on a blackboard for me. It would be interesting (maybe) to hear the back story of how she got the gig. Of all the good actresses who could be more believable with Cranston, it's a wonder how she was picked.

I though Saul was the most interesting character in Breaking Bad; I was content they decided to make a series about him. Breaking Bad was released in 2008, I was 13-years-old. Time went by, things changed, I started to enjoy two other characters more: Mike Ehrmantraut and Ed Galbraith. Right now, from one episode to another I don't remind a single thing about the previews, things do change.

I know Mike’s in every episode but I’m always so happy to see him.
Yeah, but that ties into one of the reasons why I don't think BCS is quite as good as its parent show; since it's a prequel to the latter, that makes it so you always know at the back of your mind that any character who was still alive in Breaking Bad is never going to die in Saul (and by extension, you know anyone who wasn't in BB is more likely to die in this show). It does speak to the quality of the show that it still has tense moments at times despite that handicap, but it is still a handicap nonetheless for me...

Wow, what a mid-season finale that was.
WARNING: spoilers below
No disrespect to the "Huell" con from season 4, but the one with the fake judge may be the best one in the series. Also, I was no fan of Howard, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. Sure, he's condescending and pretentious, but what he said about Jimmy and Kim rings true and he definitely didn't deserve to go out the way he did. I'm probably stating the patently obvious, but Jimmy's involvement with Lalo may be what makes him completely transition into his Saul persona. I'm also thankful we still don't know why Kim isn't in Breaking Bad.

Wow, what a mid-season finale that was.
No disrespect to the "Huell" con from season 4, but the one with the fake judge may be the best one in the series. Also, I was no fan of Howard, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. Sure, he's condescending and pretentious, but what he said about Jimmy and Kim rings true and he definitely didn't deserve to go out the way he did. I'm probably stating the patently obvious, but Jimmy's involvement with Lalo may be what makes him completely transition into his Saul persona. I'm also thankful we still don't know why Kim isn't in Breaking Bad.
Yeah I enjoyed that. The 8th episode was shown at Tribecca and is apparently just as explosive as the 7th. There are still a few loose ends to tie with the main one being Kim.

The key is that there are certain characters that just steal the screen in every scene they are in - Lalo, Mike, Nacho. I mean even Huell is incredibly watchable. It's a really good show.

Wow. I'm glad we didn't have to wait months for the final 6 episodes. I wonder if Kim will finally accept just how toxic Jimmy is? Even though she was a willing participant in what they did to Howard her arc could still go either way. How does someone come back from something like that?

Wow. I'm glad we didn't have to wait months for the final 6 episodes. I wonder if Kim will finally accept just how toxic Jimmy is? Even though she was a willing participant in what they did to Howard her arc could still go either way. How does someone come back from something like that?
I don't think that's possible since Jimmy very well could have sent Kim to her death. It's an easy prediction to make, but I think that the main story for the rest of the series will be about the divide that grows between the couple as Jimmy warms up to Fring and company. They made a point to make Fring seem impressed that Jimmy talked Lalo out of making him be the one who goes to his safehouse.

My prediction as to what will happen in the final episode:
"Gene" will run into Kim, who escaped and went back to her home state. They didn't make her be from Nebraska for no reason.
Oh, and congrats to Rhea Seehorn for her Emmy nomination, even though it should have been a lead one rather than supporting.

I don't think that's possible since Jimmy very well could have sent Kim to her death. It's an easy prediction to make, but I think that the main story for the rest of the series will be about the divide that grows between the couple as Jimmy warms up to Fring and company. They made a point to make Fring seem impressed that Jimmy talked Lalo out of making him be the one who goes to his safehouse.
But it was a no-win situation. Stay there with Lalo and most surely end up dead? Or let her go and let her know to run and not come back? I think she knew what Jimmy wanted her to do right before she left. I agree with you about the rift that will form between the two. But I think it might come from Kim coming to her senses and her innate decency winning out. And I took Fring's surprise at Jimmy talking Lalo into sending Kim instead as Fring's Spidey-sense telling him that Lalo was up to something.

You know, I think that we both might be right. Fring followed his gut in going to the laundromat but maybe was also impressed with Jimmy. And Jimmy going for the big payday and cozying up to Fring will be the final nail in the coffin as far as their marriage goes.

BTS is easily the best show on TV, or even pay channels. Not even Yellowstone can match up. I'm gonna miss it.

I love it! Can’t wait for the next episode!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

This show is insanely good. If they land this ending, which I have all the faith in the world they will, I am prepared to rank it above Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad will always be more iconic but I think just about every aspect of BCS has been a hair superior. The story telling from every detail is unreal. Hell it's shot better and more cinematically than 90% of the movies that get pumped out today.

I sure will miss this universe once they call it quits. If they stick this landing I am prepared to call it the most impressive and complete accomplishment in film/tv history. It gets the nod over others because of it's duration (14 years) and most importantly it is all completely original material. That's what puts it over the top to me is not a hair of this is from any kind of source material. It's breathtaking story telling, acting, cinematography all of it through Breaking Bad, El Camino and Better Call Saul. Bravo.

Now watch them sh*t the bed the last 4 episodes hahaha

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Hmm, I don't know. I think everyone knew what was going to happen with Jimmy and Kim's relationship. But this came off a little anticlimactic. Almost cursory if you will. And then the fast forward to a full blown Saul. There's still four episodes left though so I'm not all that concerned.

Hmm, I don't know. I think everyone knew what was going to happen with Jimmy and Kim's relationship. But this came off a little anticlimactic. Almost cursory if you will.
Aw, I was afraid of that...

Hell it's shot better and more cinematically than 90% of the movies that get pumped out today.
It really is. The amount of nods to Scorsese (extreme close ups etc) in the latest episode is brilliant. What an episode. The word that keeps coming to mind when I watch this show is:

METICULOUS

Everything about it is fine tuned precisely. The writing, directing, cinematography and acting. All meticulous. Unreal stuff.

Loving it but can't help but wonder....what is left to do the next 4 episodes?

Truly hoping Patrick Fabian and Rhea Seehorns careers blossom after this.