so far, what would you call the "greatest" movie of the 2010s?

Tools    

Its definitely Holy Motors that does it for me!

Other notable films are stuff like Aurora by Cristi Puiu, Stranger by the Lake by Alain Guiraudie, Camille Claudel 1915 by Bruno Dumont, Barbara by Christian Petzold and The Turin Horse by Béla Tarr and Ágnes Hranitzky.

I will try to make a list of my favorites later!

The Tree of Life is from my perspective the worst Terrence Malick film i have seen. Oslo, August 31 is good but not great. Uncle Boonme is great but im planning to rewatch it later, i think i underrated it. WoWS and The Social Network are imo decent but not that great.

Its definitely Holy Motors that does it for me!

Other notable films are stuff like Aurora by Cristi Puiu, Stranger by the Lake by Alain Guiraudie, Camille Claudel 1915 by Bruno Dumont, Barbara by Christian Petzold and The Turin Horse by Béla Tarr and Ágnes Hranitzky.

I will try to make a list of my favorites later!

The Tree of Life is from my perspective the worst Terrence Malick film i have seen. Oslo, August 31 is good but not great. Uncle Boonme is great but im planning to rewatch it later, i think i underrated it. WoWS and The Social Network are imo decent but not that great.
interesting list. what didn't you like about tree of life? disagree strongly with oslo, that movie stuck with me like few others ever.

Its a long time since i have seen it, but i have it on dvd, so i should probably revisit it at some point.

From what i can remember it was really the cgi / dinosaur sequence that really turned me off.

I should say im a big Terrence Malick fan, for me, its The Thin Red Line that stands as his biggest achievement, though i haven't seen The New World, which some people have a high regard for.

I can definitely understand that Oslo, 31st made a big impact on you. It is in no way a bad film

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Shame, Tree of Life and Uncle Boonmee away, The Turin Horse is arguably the greatest masterpiece of 2010s!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'd have to give this a lot of thought, but for now I'll just say that I saw The Social Network again a few months ago, and it holds up awfully well.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
2011 for me has probably the three strongest.

Drive
Moneyball
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Inception
Toy Story 3

Silver Linings Playbook
TDKR
Looper
Zero Dark Thirty

Nothing that really blew me away yet. Prisoners was good though.

Shame, Tree of Life and Uncle Boonmee away, The Turin Horse is arguably the greatest masterpiece of 2010s!
Tried just about a thousand times to get through The Turin Horse. Always ended up falling asleep on the couch an hour in.

1. Before Midnight (2013) - Richard Linklater
2. Confessions (2010) - Tetsuya Nakashima
3. Shame (2010) - Steve McQueen
4. Poetry (2010) - Lee Chang Dong
5. Blue is the Warmest Color (2013) - Abdel Kechiche
6. I Wish (2011) - Hirokazu Koreeda
7. Amour (2012) - Michael Haneke
8. Django Unchained (2012) - Quentin Tarantino
9. Detachment (2011) - Tony Kaye
10. Spring Breakers (2013) - Harmony Korine

I'd have to go with Adam Sandler & Adam Sandler in Jack & Jill (2011).

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jack Jill.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	13385  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Turin Horse, The Master, and Before Midnight.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The Descendants holds the top spot for me. Flight, Inception, and Gravity right on the heels. The Avengers and American Hustle round out the race.

Kick-Ass
The King's Speech
Kill The Irishman
Drive
Harry Potter 7.2
Shame
Behind the Candelabra
Rush
Wolf Of Wall Street

I might get a lot of hate for this one, but The Dark Knight Rises haha. Also, Django Unchained, The Tree of Life, and Drive would make my list too. Still have to catch up on tons of "modern classics" from this decade so far but that's where I'd stand for now.