The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Anyone else having a tough time finalizing your order?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Anyone else having a tough time finalizing your order?
I am. Do I put classics that I know will do well at the top because I love them, or do I put films I really like near the top to give them a fighting chance?

Suspect's Reviews

• NEW COUNTDOWN FEATURE: Guest Presenters. Up to Ten Guest Presenters will be allowed. If you are interested in being one, send me a private message. You will present one film, to be negotiated in Private Message once our List is finalized. The first ten to commit will be the ones chosen. The Top 10 (1-10) will be off limits, as will the Bottom 10 (91-100). No more than ten will be permitted. This is our list, and if there are members who want to be the entertainer for a movie they like, I think they should get that chance.
Reminder about this feature. Two have "put their name in the hat" so far

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	hb.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	52262   Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptainSpaulding.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	52263  

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Working on mine, think I have 25, now the order.

Manhunter listed as horror on imdb, won't be voting for it as I don't think it's a horror but one of my favourites.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm trying to ignore all the gore and excess violence, and base my list more on the actual story in the movie, and how well it kept my interest in the characters and the plot. This doesn't mean that all of the movies on my list will be actual "horror" movies, but it will allow me to come up with a much more respectable list.
I think there are lots of good films in the horror genre when judged by character, plot or technical attributes, it doesn't have to be a list of the scariest movies or the most horrible movies. That's a good thing about these lists, you can always basically decide your own criteria for choosing and ordering your list within the parameters of what is eligible.

Horror is not my favourite genre either, and I lean heavily towards certain types of movie within the genre (basically zombies and vampires, ngl). Some of the more "horror" horror movies don't hold my interest because the gore is over the top or the characters are too disposable. My list has classics, horror comedies and even musicals. As for ordering, I mostly went with what I liked best, so there are probably-won't-make-the-list zombie films sitting near the top with some of the more famous horror classics down in the 20-25 zone.

Looking forward to the list!

Does anyone here know what I need to do if I become a guest presenter? What do guest presenters do? I think Nostro expected me to know already.

Does anyone here know what I need to do if I become a guest presenter? What do guest presenters do? I think Nostro expected me to know already.
Whatever number you pick, you present the winner in the same fashion that he does.

They're not all one one post? Oh, so this is a one-movie one-post list again. That's where aI was lost.

Yeah. Every day a few are revealed.

Check out other countdowns to see how it’s usually done.

list is sent.

Glad I participate in this one

Whatever number you pick, you present the winner in the same fashion that he does.
A guest presenter wouldn't have to use "my fashion" or "format" at all. It's a chance for members who want to present a movie they like to display their own creative presentation on the list.