WHERE THE HECK AM I?

Tools    

Right state ( or at least, one of them) , spookie. Can you name the national park where the largest free range herds of these beautiful animals live?

Right state ( or at least, one of them) , spookie. Can you name the national park where the largest free range herds of these beautiful animals live?
I can it's Yellow Stone. I camped there a few years ago and there were buffalo everywhere! Even seen a bear and her cub.

Yes Yellowstone it is - a beautiful national park which spans 3 states. Wyoming Montana and Idaho.

What a wonderful experience
@Citizen Rules. These Yellowstone buffalo are considered to be one of the few herds that have continuously lived there for centuries, Before they were hunted to near extinction in the late 1800s they were the most plentiful large land animals on earth.

Glad to know there's still a place where the buffalo roam.

Your turn CR.

Right you are CR. I was originally asking for the name of the park, but I see I didn't make that clear in my first post. So spookie did get it first.

Let spookie take it,
if he's around.

We have Stunning Pictures and this thread. How about a thread that depicts the unusual things and places of our amazing planet. Anyone interested in that?

I was just going to say this picture could also be posted on the stunning pictures thread. Stunning photo.

Well this looks to me like an aerial shot of an island, which hosts a mountain, which is perhaps a volcano as well. Is it part of Australia?

How about a thread that depicts the unusual things and places of our amazing planet. Anyone interested in that?
Wouldn’t that be the same as your “Oddities” thread, which you closed down after a week?

I was just going to say this picture could also be posted on the stunning pictures thread. Stunning photo.

Well this looks to me like an aerial shot of an island, which hosts a mountain, which is perhaps a volcano as well. Is it part of Australia?
Correct LL. This is one of the most remote islands on earth. It is a Brit protectorate in the Atlantic.

lol Could be, as it is considered to be the most photographed scenic lighthouse in North America. But where is it? - here's another view of the area:

Correct LL. This is one of the most remote islands on earth. It is a Brit protectorate in the Atlantic.
LL I may have confused you. No it is not a part of Australia. Any idea of its name?

Ah I thought you said I was okay when my eagle eyes figured out what the place was, and where. Can you tell us the name?

And can anyone say where that lighthouse is situated? The bird society of this place recently donated seven islands so there'd be a safe haven for these guys:

Someone should know this, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if @Citizen Rules had been there on a trail like this. Scenic place in North America.

Someone should know this, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if @Citizen Rules had been there on a trail like this. Scenic place in North America.
Beautiful spot, but I haven't been there. I can tell it's the Pacific Ocean because it's on the right side of the photo. It must be in Northern California. It's not in my state of Washington, I can tell that much.

Other side of the continent @Citizen Rules. In fact, , so far east it's in a separate time zone. I myself have never been to this particular beautiful part of the country but would like to visit. Whale watching nearby too. If no one gets this, I may be forced to post a folk music song about the area, so maybe someone like @GulfportDoc will make due haste

Btw although you can take a photo from any angle, CR, wouldn't the ocean be on the LEFT side for the Pacific? Not to embarrass, you b/c my own misguided internal sense of navigation is only exceeded.by my consternation with just about any calculation that has something to do with math.