The year of 2011

→ in
Tools    

2011 in film

Well its december and with the year coming to an end i thought i would look back at what movies have been the highlight of the year......and the worst. I know the year isn't over just yet but with nothing coming up this month thats interests me at all i dont see my picks changing. From comedy's to summer blockbusters, horrors to romance lets look back at the year of 2011.

Movie Of The Year.

Warrior

Warrior is my pick for movie of the year, Okay ime a big fan of mma and a big fan of Tom Hardy so i knew i would enjoy this movie..... But wow. Warrior is a really powerful movie with a solid story, Great acting and a very strong cast. The movie is based on MMA but you really don't have to be a fan because the movie is so much more than that. A torn up family is the setting to the movie and cage fighting plays a part in a emotional ride.

................................................................................

Horror of The Year

Insideous

Okay well my pick is Insideous. I know i slated this movie on the forums back when this was released and i still hold to my word that the first half of the movie is great, very scary, exciting, but then bang.... second half comes along. The movie for me was wierd it felt like it lost its way abit, but its still the scariest thing thats come are way this year.

Big Dissapointment of the year.

Hangover Part 2

Surprise Of The Year

Rise Of The Apes

Dumb Fun

Fast And Furios 5

.......................................................................................

Movie Soundtrack

Well ime picking a soundtrack from warrior for how well it fitted into the movie.

..................................................................................

Comic Book Movie.

Thor

Well this was a very easy choice for my comic book movie... Thor. Thor was a great example to how good a comic movie can be made.... take note captain America, great action, decent story and funny one liners is what we all love about these movie and Thor delivered. Chris Hemsworth delivers a great performance as our man with the hammer and is a reason to see The Avengers next year.

To be Continued

Haven't seen Warrior and don't intend to, doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Best of the year so far for me is probably Drive or We Need to Talk About Kevin, neither of which blew me away by any stretch of the imagination so I have a feeling the best will come pretty late. 50/50 looks promising, which I'll be seeing soon, and The Artist comes out here on the 30th, so that may well sneak in.

Haven't seen Warrior and don't intend to, doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Best of the year so far for me is probably Drive or We Need to Talk About Kevin, neither of which blew me away by any stretch of the imagination so I have a feeling the best will come pretty late. 50/50 looks promising, which I'll be seeing soon, and The Artist comes out here on the 30th, so that may well sneak in.
Thats the problem with Warrior everyones got that attitude but i would recommend it to everyone, my girlfirend was crying and loved it, my friends who are not fans of cage fighting at all loved it, you should really check it out.

My picks for the year 2011

Win Win (2011 ) - McCarthy
The Trip (2011) Winterbottom (although ineligible for any awards since it was reedited into a feature from a 2010 TV British series)
Bachelor Days are over (2011) - Lewkowski
Midnight in Paris (2011) - Allen
The Art of Love (2011) - Mouret
Melancholia (2011) - Trier
The Descendants (2011) - Payne
The Jewel (2011) - Molaioli
Wetlands (2011) - Édoin
The lincon lawyer (2011) Furman

However, this list changes at lot if I include films that I saw for the first time in 2011

Open hearts (2002) - Bier
Day of Wrath (1943 ) - Dreyer
Blue Valentine (2010) - Cianfrance
My brother is an only child (2007) - Luchetti
In the Year of the Pig (1968) - Antonio
The power of nightmares (2004) - Curtis
The names of love (2010) Leclerc
Certified copy (2010) - Kiarostami
The Red and the White (1967 ) - Jancsó
Black swan (2010) - Aronofsky

There's an underlying homoerotic vibe in the first three pics.....
Actually, there's four, doesn't Woody play a gay character in that film?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
But as that other Woody [Allen] says, he has "the type of body which excites both persuasions".