Stallone Wants An Expendables Sequel

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
It's so weird that Chuck Norris is 71 years old, just mind blowing. I am not a big fan of Chuck but for being 71 I will definitely give him props.

Chuck Norris on The Expendables 2 set

Oct 24, 2011

With Simon West looking to bring even more classic action stars in The Expendables 2, one actor many have been begging for (other than Jean Claud Van-Damme) is Chuck Norris. Worst Previews has now posted a new set image of Norris posing with the cast.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Not sure what to say about this except that the death of anyone (with a few exceptions) is tragic.

Major Accident On "Expendables 2" Set

October 28th 2011

One stuntman has been killed and another critical injured after an incendiary went awry during filming of Nu Image/Millennium's "The Expendables 2" in Bulgaria reports E! News.
The unidentified stuntmen were shooting a second-unit explosion scene on Thursday night at the Lake Ognyanovo reservoir outside Sofia when the accident occurred. One died at the scene, the other rushed to hospital where he is now in a stable condition after undergoing a five-hour operation.
None of the cast was present when the accident occurred as principal photography was taking place a few hours away at the mountain resort village of Bansko.
A statement from Nu Image/Millennium says "Our hearts go out to the families and those on the production affected by this tragedy. The filmmakers are working closely with the authorities in responding to and investigating this accident".

If you ever wondered whether Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis and Chuck Norris would ever share the screen together, then you may finally have your answer.
Over at The Legend Of Chuck Norris, they’ve got their paws on a Japanese film magazine (Eiga Hiho), which has revealed how The Expendables 2 gets started. With lots of testosterone appears to be the answer.

Apparently, the film kicks off with Arnie’s character being rescued, as he’s being held captive in Burma. Then, up pops Bruce Willis again, to give the Expendables crew another mission to do (or, more to the point, he "forces" them to do it), albeit one that’s supposed to be a bit easier. Which we’re guessing it won’t be.
The piece also confirms that Norris, Arnie and Willis will be sharing the screen. It's not quite De Niro and Pacino in Heat, granted, but it's reason for joy nonetheless.
It seems to confirm that Jean Claude Van Damme is on villain duties for the film, and suggests that Schwarzenegger’s involvement in The Expendables 2 is restricted to the first act of the movie.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm a bit disappointed to find out that thanks to Chuck "internet meme" Norris, this film will be a PG-13.

So sayeth Norris:

"In Expendables 2, there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. For this reason, many young people wouldn’t be able to watch this. But I don’t play in movies like this. Due to that I said I won’t be a part of that if the hardcore language is not erased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13."

I could ldeal with the toned down language, but honestly? What about the crazy ass violence that this movie just about PROMISES with the cast? I hope that's not toned down, though it's guaranteed to be without the original's R rating. Why does EVERY film need to be able to be shown to kids nowadays? Adults like myself who have no children like to see movies too!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I'm very excited to see this. I grew up with Schwarzenegger, Stallone and Willis films, and, if anything else, I would to see them blow ***** up together. I don't care if its crap, just the chance of seeing those three action icons, on the same screen, doing more than talking, is worth the price of admission for me. Plus it's got Van Damme, Norris and Lundgren, who I don't particularly care for (except for Lundgren in Rocky IV), but their status as action stars can't hurt.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
The new trailer of Expendables 2 seems awesome. The star cast is wet dream for any action movie lover.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
And there shall be three.

Third "Expendables" In 2013?

Saturday March 24th

Action fans have cheered that the upcoming "The Expendables 2" is aiming for an R-rating after all, and today comes the first word of something that may make them even more excited.

Randy Couture recent spoke with BJJ Addict in Ottowa and dropped the following quote during the interview - "we're probably going to start shooting Expendables 3 in the fall after 'The Expendables 2' comes out in August."

This is the first we've heard of a possible second sequel and of course the box-office for the second film will determine if another film gets the go ahead. Couture also added that most of his scenes in the second film are with Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews.

ivo
Movie Forums Extra
The firs movie was great

Movie Forums Insomniac
Shouldn't this thread be changed to Expendables 2 ?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
VAN DAMME!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he lives for the third, but since he's one of the bad guys, I doubt it.

Suspect's Reviews

Not sure what to make of this now.
Was really looking forward to it, the first film is a comic book, OTT actioner with massive heaps of 80s cheese and definitely an entertainer.
Certainly one of my fave action movies of the past decade.

Doing the research on this sequel and seeing it's been turned into a sodding kids movie because big bad Norris doesn't like swearing, has seriously put me off.

I can't help but think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.

The other thing is that Arnie's apparently 'expanded role' was filmed in only 4 days.
Whether that's down to him not putting much effort into it, or that there wasn't much there for him to work with, is a question that can only be answered when the film is released in local Community Centres and After-School-Clubs.

Not sure what to say about this except that the death of anyone (with a few exceptions) is tragic.
Agreed.
When I read about a tragedy like this it reminds me of the first one I remember from way back.

Vic Morrow and 2 others were killed during the filming of The Twilight Zone movie by decapitation and being crushed by a helicopter being used on the set.

Like anything ~ it's a roll of the dice. Things like that simply happen.