Can we do a Movie Forums Best Films list 2011?

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Everyone list their best films of 2011. Lets say top 10 in order.

We will then allocate points, 10 points for first, 9 points for 2nd, 8 points for third etc etc. Maybe even give the top 3 films bonus points like 15 points for first, 12 for 2nd 10 for 3rd then 7,6,5,4,3,2,1.

Then in a few months when everyone has had a chance to see the films they want from 2011 and placed their votes we will write up a Top 10 list based on points allocation from everyones personal top 10 choices.

Much the same way a film magazine has a reader's top 100 list.

I would go first but there are a few films I'm still waiting to see.

Also if you want put your Worst 3 films and we will do a "razzies" for 2011.

Best:

1. The Artist
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
3. Carnage
4. Midnight in Paris
5. The Help
6. 50/50
7. Bellflower
8. Take Shelter
9. The Descendants
10. The Muppets

Worst:

1. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
2. Terri
3. Thor

It's a bit early for normal people to make a definitive Best of Year List, as this side of the pond hasn't had a lot of releases that seem likely to make the cut. Not to mention time to see them all

It's a bit early for normal people to make a definitive Best of Year List, as this side of the pond hasn't had a lot of releases that seem likely to make the cut. Not to mention time to see them all
I did say give it a few months to allow people to see everything. Say April ish. Besides you can always edit your post, before we do a final count of the votes.

1. The Artist
2. Melancholia
3. 13 Assassins
4. Black Swan
5. The Illusionist
6. Poetry
7. Incendies
8. Hugo
9. Drive
10. 50/50

As for the rest of the films of 2011, i couldnt care much about them. All I can say is that this is a crappy year for films.

BEST:

1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
2. Super 8
3. The Descendants
4. Hugo
5. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part II
6. The Help
7. Source Code

WORST:

1. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
2. Something Borrowed
3. Green Lantern

I'll have to work out that top ten soon, but there haven't been many other films this year that I've really liked. Though I still have to see Drive, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and The Artist.

So Far......

BEST
1. Paul
2. Gnomeo and Juliet
3. Tangled
4. Rango
5. Cars 2
6. Transformers 3 : Darkside of the moon
WORST
1. Sucker Punch
2. Super 8

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Expect my "best of 2011" list some time in late 2012/early 2013.
Tell me about it! It can take me years sometimes to catch up. At the cinema I usually catch the big blockbusters, comedies and the last computer animated offerings from Pixar and Dreamworks etc. And then on DVD or TV I catch up with the rest.

Tell me about it! It can take me years sometimes to catch up. At the cinema I usually catch the big blockbusters, comedies and the last computer animated offerings from Pixar and Dreamworks etc. And then on DVD or TV I catch up with the rest.
As I said this could be a work in progress. There are still tons of films that I need to see from "last year"(2011) so I expect that it will be quite a while before I write my definative top 10. See if we can start to put together a list based on everyones choices by say late spring/summerish. I'm sure that most people will have seen the films "worth" seeing by then.

Of the 2011 movies I've seen, this is what I would say:

BEST:
1. Courageous
2. Soul Surfer
3. Gnomeo & Juliet
4. The Help
5. Mr. Popper's Penguins
6. Bridesmaids

WORST:
Something Borrowed

My list is starting to look like this. Lots of films I havent seen yet but I reckon I've seen most of what will make my list.

10. Limitless.

9. 127 Hours.

8. Sherlock 2

7. Thor

6. Hanna

5. 13 Assassins

4. The Guard

3. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

2. Kill List

1. Drive

Worst

3. Harry Potter final part (thank jesus)

2. Captain America

1. Transformers 3

that's what she said...
Great Idea!
It's tough because I liked a lot of 2011 movies. I havn't seen EVERY 2011 movie there is so I will just make the list of what I have seen so far.

10. Soul Surfer 10pt
9. Trespass 9pt
8. The Adjustment Bureau 8pt
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows pt.2 7pt
6. Battle: Los Angeles 6pt
5. Grave Encounters 5pt
4. The Reef 4pt
3. Trust 3pt
2. Paul 2pt
1. Season of the Witch 1pt

WORST:
2. 11-11-11 (-1pt)
1. Everything Must Go (-2pt)

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's really early for a 2011 list, but:

1. The Descendants
2. The Artist
3. Hangover Part 2
4. Midnight in Paris
5. Cowboys and Aliens

and no, I wasn't a huge fan of #5....just haven't seen much.

Great Idea!
It's tough because I liked a lot of 2011 movies. I havn't seen EVERY 2011 movie there is so I will just make the list of what I have seen so far.

1. Season of the Witch 1pt

WORST:
2. 11-11-11 (-1pt)
1. Everything Must Go (-2pt)
Void.

that's what she said...
Are they not 2011? I was pretty sure they were. If not, my appologies, I will re-pick then.

Just change Season of the Witch to 127 hours. And don't worry about the Worst List them.

If they ARE 2011 and you said Void becuase you didn't like my choices, then don't switch them out because I personally LIKED Season of the Witch and would like it to remain on my 2011 list.

Oh and I put the pts system as 10 being the BEST TOP # so if you didn't understand the list it's:
1. Soul Surfer (BEST)
2. Trespass (2nd BEST)
3. Adjustment Bureau (3rd BEST...)
4. HPDH P2
5. Battle: LA
6. Grave Encounters
7. The Reef
8. Trust
9. Paul
10. Season of the Witch

Nope, I was just saying void as Season of the Witch was atrocious. Though if you want to get technical it has been sat on the shelf for some years, most likely for reason mentioned already

that's what she said...
Lol it couldn't have sat on your shelf for some years becuase it's only been out for like ONE year. Well, the good and bad thing about opinions is that everyone has different ones; You find it atrocious and I find it good. Obviously as on my list of top 10 movies it's #10 only earning 1 point--Meaning the 9 above it I like MORE.

Pyro Tramp, lol, it's not my top 10 list of my life-time. Just for 2011 alone.

Don't worry, I know you're not arguing with me--I'm not arguing back.
Just simply having a rant-on-about.