Just Gloating :-)

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Just wanted to gloat and say that my High School(as well as Steve N. and Zweeedorf's) is TIME magazines number 1, High School of the year!! If anyone has that issue of TIME they should check it out. It was on the greatest 100 High Schools in the U.S. but now it is number 1 on TIME's list!!

so you are all in stonewall jackson high? Congrats! Manassas, somethin to do with the american civil war right?
Big battlefield? Thats in the south I guess. Urp, we dont even have girls in our school.

So I take it you actually looked in the magazine? Wasn't really expecting anyone to!

Yea, me, Mark(Zweeedorf) and Steve(Steve N.) all go to Stonewall Jackson High School in Manassas, VA. I found out about a month ago that those two liked movies, so I told them about the site. Your welcome Chris!

And yea, Manassas is the home of the Bull Run Battlefield, a "turning point" in the American Civil War.

Oh, yeah--congratulations OG!!! We have a subscription and there ye are! Would have been nice if you'd managed to get yourselves photographed somehow. Did you all know beforehand that you'd be picked?

Yea we knew before hand when they were coming to interview and what classes they would be visiting.

I wasn't in TIME, but I was on the local news channels!

HEY you didnt thank me PigsnieLite. people always forgit about the childrun. :bawl:

ps. Pigsnie brought home the TIME US edition from work. We live in UK remember? Can you still pick old bullits & sharpnel from the ground in manassas? Id like souvenirs like that.

Actually, the battlefield is rather boring, there's nothing but stacked-wood fences and plenty of rolling hills. We do have a stone bridge where i think a somewhat significant portion of the battle of Bull Run was fought, and there is a stone house that was formerly a hospital; now it's haunted.

Yea Manassas is rather boring. Especially the battlefield. Everyone, when I moved here, was like "You GOTTA go see the battlefield and the old hospital etc!". What a bunch of crap. I guess I just don't appreciate history.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
OG you crack me up.

ehh ... I don't read time. so ... do I assume you're #1 cause of great classes and stuff? or wast it about ratios? how well the students do? how you all come out on the other end? what?

no offense intended, I am indeed curious.

It was a combination of two things. The first one is the IB program, which is basically really advanced classes. The second thing was a "revolutionary" idea called the ParentLink. The ParentLink allows parents to log onto a website and check to see their son/daughter's grades, see if they were absent, what assignments their missing, when they have tests etc. It's a good thing my parents don't use it all that much.

ParentLink sounds like a great idea -- well ahead of it's time! I think that may be the one biggest factor in your being named the #1 high school in the country. Get parents involved, and yes, I know that makes me sound like a public service announcement or something.