Happy New Year

Tools    

I know it's quite OT but what the heck hehe

Happy New Year everybody! May we get great movies in 2001!

Cheers!

MovieForums Extra

I'll drink one to the good movies of 2001!

Cheers!

Let's all pray that 2001 movies are better than the 2000 ones.

At least the Silence of the Lambs sequel, Hannibal, comes out this year. If that isn't good, we'll officially know Hollywood has gone to hell.

Radioactive Spider Blood
Not related to New Year's, but to crash's comment. Technically, "Hannibal" is the third part of the trilogy by Thomas Harris. "Silence of the Lambs" is the second installment, and "Red Dragon" is the first.

Just wanted to straighten that out.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

I know. I haven't seen the first movie, but I have read the three books.

But most people don't realize that Hannibal is actually the third part of the trilogy.

Maybe it's just me but...
I'm really pissed that Jodie Foster isn't in "Hannibal." It seems sort of fake now. I don't think it will be good. Who knows though.

yeah they should have taken Jodie but we shall see if it was a good/bad decision.

Cheers!

It actually wasn't a decision - she left because she didn't like the decisions and changes her character goes through in "Hannibal" - which I think she found disturbing.

In fact, I'm fairly sure they rewrote some things for her, but she decided against joining in anyway.

That was one of my thoughts but wasn't sure.

Cheers!

Didn't see it.
Happy New Year! I'm moving this thread to our general chat forum--Intermission.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by HyperBaseball
Not related to New Year's, but to crash's comment. Technically, "Hannibal" is the third part of the trilogy by Thomas Harris. "Silence of the Lambs" is the second installment, and "Red Dragon" is the first.
True but the movie version of Red Dragon is not called Red Dragon, its called Manhunter, which is why it is a rather unknown movie.

Radioactive Spider Blood
True but the movie version of Red Dragon is not called Red Dragon, its called Manhunter, which is why it is a rather unknown movie.
That's true, but they were all books before they were movies

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I wasn't saying you were wrong, I'm just saying the name of the movie is different. I know their all books, I've read all three of them.

I'm still trying to figure out of Anthony Hopkins really wanted to do Hannibal initially, or if maybe he was simply offered a huge amount of $$$$ to do it. Anybody know? Help me out here.