DVD Daily Reviews

Tools    

Hi so i did have a thread similar to this in movie questions. The purpose of this thread is to show the reviews i write and hope that you guys can give me your input and let me know what you think. If it gets a good response then it will be posted on my site, if not i will change it.... simple.

The reviews will be of movies that have now been released on Blu Ray & DVD so may already of been reviewed somewhere on this site but i am also going to talk about the special features and bonuses you get with purchasing for home use.

Please feel free to get involved and be very honest. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

I will post one later for Escape Plan.

Originally named The Tomb, Escape Plan does an amazing job of bringing together two of the all time greatest action movie stars, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger! This movie finally brings them together as main characters with the exception of the appearances Schwarzenegger made in The Ependables franchise.

Ray Breslin (Stallone) is the main character in this intelligent action epic who has chose a life of breaking out of maximum facility prisons to show their flaws. A woman posing as a CIA agent meets Breslin and asks him to break out of a new facility. The next day Breslin is incarcerated in the impenetrable fortress, he soon realises he has been set up and must team with another convict known as Rottmayer (Schwarzenegger) to create an escape plan. With only his awareness and survival skills at hand he vows to break out and find the person who set him up.

Also starring Jim Caviezel as Warden Hobbes who plays the role of an uncaring, all about the money, creator of the prison and Vinnie Jones as Drake the wardens bad ass right hand man, these two make for the perfect bad guy team.

Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson also stars in this movie as Breslins 'tech guy' on the outside.

If you want a clever, funny and action packed movie starring hollywoods biggest hard men then this will not disappoint you. Deemed ''THE ULTIMATE ACTION TEAM UP'' this is a must watch.

Bonus features on the DVD inlude:

- Audio commentary with director Mikael Hafstrom & writer Miles Chapman.

- Maximum Security: The Real Life Tomb.

- Executing the plan.

- Clash of the titans.

- Deleted Scenes.

Running time: Approx 111 Mins.

Certificate: 15.

I also did a review for Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, plus a video review let me know what you think, ignore the ads guys i just didnt want to edit it again.

If your an avid fan of Alan Partridge then you already know how great the film Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa is or will be but just for those who aren't too sure how you feel about watching this movie let me just tell you you won't regret it. With it's capturing storyline and what I like to call awkward comedy this movie continues the life of radio Norfolk veteran DJ Alan Partridge.

The story surrounds the Radio Norfolk station which has been taken over by 'corporate suits'. Over a disagreement one DJ Pat Fowler (Colm Meaney) decides to take the staff hostage and use Partridge as a go-between.

Alan Partridge (played by great comedy actor Steve Coogan) gets into all sorts of trouble trying to boost his career more by being the face of the siege or 'siege face' as Partridge quotes. And for the fans of his original show some characters do return to add that extra bit of familiarity to the movie.

As for the DVD/BLU RAY it's packed with tons of bonus featured including

- Deleted Scenes

- Bloopers

- Wrecking Day: The Making Of

These features bring some very interesting facts to the table which make your viewing experience all the better for it. In fact there are so many deleted scenes you could almost make the movie again with the scenes that didn't make the final cut. The Wrecking Day feature follows all 31 days of shooting the movie with the cast, which contains some very interesting facts.

So like I said earlier fans of the Alan Partridge comedy will love this long anticipated feature film. For those of you however who were unsure of seeing this movie or haven't even heard of the comedy of Alan Partridge I urge you to give Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa a chance because I don't think you will regret it.

Ok Adam, so at the risk of sounding like a teacher, you have to make sure you have no typos or spelling mistakes cos those things do stand out...well they do to me!

Yeah maybe I could do with spell checker before I post these Christine, thanks miss

You should release videos of all your reviews, more interesting.
Thanks I will do... I have made a few and are now on YouTube check them out. If you search DVD Daily on there the channel should come up